Page 143 of 153 FirstFirst ... 133 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,145 of 2293

Thread: The Book: 2007 Football

Default Re: Its just a fact; we suck

Like I said before its not FAU, FAU is 3-3 with a win against Minnisota, a close loss to top 5 ranked South Florida, and they are 2-0 in conference.

FIU on the other hand hasent won a game since 2005. Its bad enough that they havent won since 2005, but when I went to look up exactly when there last win was on their athletics website, their calender only went back to the 06 season meaning that FIU doesn't have a single listed win on their website.

If we lose to them, game/set/match, nobody should be allowed to remain.

Tuffguy

Default Re: ASU game thread

Didn't Roberts come from Northwestern State? We need to look in our own backyard for the coach. Someone who knows the schools and has connections. Check Mcneese, hell check Nicholls St.

Default Re: What did you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by drumroll View Post
    You guys are kidding, right? Do you have any idea who you play every week? This could be the best ASU team in the history of their program. What would you expect a young UL team with underpayed coaches and dwindling fan support to look like against them? When ASU plays a good game, they play well enough to defeat top 10 teams. For crying out loud, when they played Texas on Sept 1st, ASU beat them in almost every statistical category, and probably would have won if not for the bungled call by the Big 12 officiating crew...which they privately apologized for later...

................................Team Statistics (Final)
    ..........................................ASU........UT

FIRST DOWNS........................26.........23
    Rushing.................................10..........9
    Passing.................................11.........12
    Penalty..................................5...........2
    NET YARDS RUSHING..............125.......117
    Rushing Attempts....................34........38
    Average Per Rush...................3.7........3.1
    Rushing Touchdowns................1...........1
    Yards Gained Rushing..............168.......150
    Yards Lost Rushing...................43........33
    NET YARDS PASSING...............272.......223
    Completions-Attempts-Int....24-37-1..22-33-2
    Average Per Attempt...............7.4.......6.8
    Average Per Completion..........11.3.....10.1
    Passing Touchdowns................0.........2
    TOTAL OFFENSE YARDS...........397......340

Sorry, I know my opponent, and can you also say "school records were broken" last night against us, corey leonard had the most passing TDs in one game in the history of the school, Arnould was well on the way to breaking the record for rush yards, and if they keep their starters in, they would have reached their record of 730 yards. They do have a good team...best team in their history, no, they went undefeated one year back in the 70's I believe. ASU's forte is not offense, its defense. Your also leaving out that arnould with a bummed ankle rank for a gajillion yards on us, and would have had a gajillion more if it werent for them putting their second stringers in there. ASU is good, but not as good as troy, and not as good as FAU (which has me fearing for my life next weekend). What do we do after we get embarrassed at home during homecoming vs FAU next weekend?

Tuffguy

Quote Originally Posted by TuffGuy84 View Post
    _ Like I said before its not FAU, FAU is 3-3 with a win against Minnisota, a close loss to top 5 ranked South Florida, and they are 2-0 in conference.

FIU on the other hand hasent won a game since 2005. Its bad enough that they havent won since 2005, but when I went to look up exactly when there last win was on their athletics website, their calender only went back to the 06 season meaning that FIU doesn't have a single listed win on their website.

If we lose to them, game/set/match, nobody should be allowed to remain.

Tuffguy _
    oops, yeah I meant FIU

Quote Originally Posted by Arkstfan View Post
    Other than the Monroe fiasco ASU is playing better this year and the difference is that all those freshmen starting last season are a year older.

Both Cajun lines though looked dreadful. 47% of the Cajun offense came on 2 plays and one would have been a tackle for loss but for the will of Des.
    I understand that, but last year, our reasoning for why we were doing poorly was that we had alot of youth outside of the QB position, so essentially, with our QB play being about our only solid point, we should have if not improved, atleast remained about level. Losing by 31 to a team you beat by 2 TD's the year before is not even remaining level, and there inlies the problem. ASU is improved, and if we had stayed on a path that we should have, we'd be about where we were last year, and prlly lose to yall by 14-20 points, a 31 point route with your 2nd stringers coming in is not what I call competitive.

Tuffguy

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    You need to drop the emotional attatchment for this team if you want to remain a loyal fan. It sounds backwards, but it's true.

I saw the writing on the wall during the Ohio game, and mentally prepared myself for the rest of the season.

You can still enjoy a college football game at Cajun Field and not be emotionally involved. It's a skill I've perfected over the years.

Come out for Homecoming. There are plenty of things to enjoy.

--No matter what, it's a joy to watch Desmo and Fenroy run the ball.

--Get to see a coaching legend walk the sidelines of Cajun Field.

--Get to see the best pro prospect at QB to play in the league so far in 6'5" Soph. Rusty Smith.

--FLORIDA ATLANTIC has some really nice uniforms.
    Its tough for me to do that this season, more than any other, this is my senior year of college. Had it been earlier, I would have just shown up, sat on my hands and been alright with seeing what we throw on the field, but it certainly looks like the football team fielded in my senior year will be the worst team since the baldwin era and one of the worst teams in the country period.

Tuffguy

Quote Originally Posted by Bigcobra View Post
    _ ive been a fan for a long ____ing time, and i never second guessed myself for being a fan. But its starting to get bad. asu is not a good team, and we lost by thirty. they dominated us like we were a high school team. ASU did this. they arent even a decent team. The worst in the NCAA is kicking the ____ out of us. i dont know what to do anymore. Im not putting blame on anyone; its just a fact; we suck. i dont know what to do. _

If we're not a good team, then what are you guys?

Remember this team should have beaten Texas, and is responsible for 2 of the Sun Belts few nonconference victories...

We aint Top 10 or anything, but we are listed up with Troy and FAU as the favorites to win the Belt this year

Quote Originally Posted by TuffGuy84 View Post
    _ Its tough for me to do that this season, more than any other, this is my senior year of college. Had it been earlier, I would have just shown up, sat on my hands and been alright with seeing what we throw on the field, but it certainly looks like the football team fielded in my senior year will be the worst team since the baldwin era and one of the worst teams in the country period.

Tuffguy _
    I understand how you feel. The last 2 years of my time on campus we were 4-17-1.

Then, Jake Delhomme showed up.

So, you might have a horrible last year as a student, but stick with the program. We are going to right this ship, and you are going to have some great nights at Cajun Field again. Trust me.

Track & Field As posted before...

Coach Bustle seems to have made his choice early, and it appears that he has chosen to have the best team possible during the final year of his contract, he is playing for the future. He may or may not deliver on a good season, but he is playing the right guys to have the highest statistical probability of a good future season, not for the best outcome for this season. Disagree as you see fit, but that's my take on it, and there will probably be very little that is positive to look at this year...but perhaps it will set the stage for a positive future. They are Bustle's dice to roll, and this is how he has chosen to roll them...

Quote Originally Posted by chiefsfan View Post

Remember this team should have beaten Texas, and is responsible for 2 of the Sun Belts few nonconference victories...

We aint Top 10 or anything, but we are listed up with Troy and FAU as the favorites to win the Belt this year
    Cobra definitely mis-spoke. There is NO denying stAtes accomplishments the last couple of years. It ought to be a dogfight between you, Troy, and FAU from here on out. Mix in an MT team thats coming of age.....wow it would be great to have 2 or 3 teams in bowls this year!
    Congrats on your win last night!

L'te'

Default Re: As posted before...

_ Coach Bustle seems to have made his choice early, and it appears that he has chosen to have the best team possible during the final year of his contract, he is playing for the future. He may or may not deliver on a good season, but he is playing the right guys to have the highest statistical probability of a good future season, not for the best outcome for this season. Disagree as you see fit, but that's my take on it, and there will probably be very little that is positive to look at this year...but perhaps it will set the stage for a positive future. They are Bustle's dice to roll, and this is how he has chosen to roll them... _
    Nope.

No Head Coach chooses to play such poor football. He's playing all of the young guys because he has no choice. It's an act of desperation.

You are right in that it is a gamble. He might get lucky and be successful. But, I'm here to tell you that if the situation doesn't improve DRASTICALLY, soon, he will never see the last year of his contract.

Roberts is from Little Rock, played college ball at Ouachita Baptist, became head coach at Southern Arkansas and took over a team that had lost 30+ games in a row and became the first Division II team from Arkansas to make the playoffs. Did a two year stint at NW State before coming to ASU.

This is the first year since Roberts has arrived that the staff has felt confident passing quite a bit. We've been run first for years and now mix in quite a bit of spread.

If you recall, last year when the game was still close ASU's tight end dropped a pass that could have given ASU a lead. That same tight end caught two touchdown passes yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefsfan View Post

I'd say yall are a solid #3 behind Troy and FAU, Yall still should have good enough of a team to have a winning record and possibly a bowl game. Still with how good you are, yall havent exactly been an offensive juggernaut, and you just killed our defense last night. Its not every game you start talking about school records, and thats how poorly the cajun defense played against yall.

Tuffguy

Default Re: As posted before...

_ Coach Bustle seems to have made his choice early, and it appears that he has chosen to have the best team possible during the final year of his contract, he is playing for the future. He may or may not deliver on a good season, but he is playing the right guys to have the highest statistical probability of a good future season, not for the best outcome for this season. Disagree as you see fit, but that's my take on it, and there will probably be very little that is positive to look at this year...but perhaps it will set the stage for a positive future. They are Bustle's dice to roll, and this is how he has chosen to roll them... _
    Most of the young guys are playing on defense so what happens when they are ready to be impact players...I'll tell you our offense will be young because by the time they are truly ready Fenroy, Desmo, Smith, and Chery will all be gone. Nows the time to bring in a new face to lead the program to the next level. The excuses are really old

Did everybody pay attention to what ArkStFan posted?

He could have been decribing Conque if I didn't know any better.

Page 143 of 153 FirstFirst ... 133 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 ... LastLast

Thread Information