Page 13 of 153 FirstFirst ... 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 ... LastLast

Thread: The Book: 2007 Football

Default Re: Ahhh!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun77 View Post
    I hope and pray it is the first and not the latter.
    I think the surprise on offense in Monroe, LA was enough surprises for this week.

I would like us to stay competative in this one.

2. UL Football Opponents View: Spurrier sees if efforts to instill confidence take root

COLUMBIA, S.C. --Steve Spurrier has spent the past nine months upping South Carolina's expectations and instilling a confidence among players that this could be the year for major success.

Those efforts get tested for the first time Saturday night when the Gamecocks open against Louisiana-Lafayette at Williams-Brice Stadium.

"Our mind-set is that we believe we can play with everybody and we're going to find out," Spurrier said. "I'm not sure we believed that the past couple of years."

Spurrier thought that was a big reason the Gamecocks could not match some of the program's landmark wins from his debut season in 2005. That season, South Carolina won its first-ever game against Tennessee in Knoxville and defeated Florida for the first time since World War II.

The rest of the story

By PETE IACOBELLI

3. UL Football Snap! How USC and Louisiana match up

When USC has the ball

Chris Smelley and Tommy Beecher will get a chance to split time at quarterback with Blake Mitchell suspended for the opener, and it’ll provide both a chance to show Spurrier what life would be like if Mitchell can’t go. Spurrier’s main concern is the offensive line, and although Louisiana-Lafayette likely won’t be a true, big test for the youngsters, it’ll still provide a peek at how far the team has to go before traveling to Georgia in a week. EDGE: USC

When Louisiana-Lafayette has the ball

The Ragin’ Cajuns had the top ground game in the Sun Belt Conference last season, and Tyrell Fenroy is coming off back-to-back 1,000-yard rushing seasons.

The rest of the story

By Scott Adamson

4. UL Football Opponent View: USC ready for Ragin' Cajuns

COLUMBIA — Steve Spurrier put a variation on one of his old phrases earlier in the week.

At Florida, God was smiling on the Gators.

After a win at Tennessee in 2005, God was smiling on the Gamecocks.

And Monday?

“The moon’s shining on the Gamecocks tonight,” Spurrier said. “Hopefully it will Saturday night.”

It may be a stretch to call the orange glow an omen, but South Carolina would like to have a little luck go its way at home this season.

The Gamecocks dropped games to top 25 teams Auburn, Tennessee and Arkansas by less than a touchdown last season.

USC athletic officials have made a push to aid the Gamecocks at home.

Spurrier is promoting a “We are Carolina” chant he will introduce before Saturday’s game. USC inked a deal with Under Armour, an apparel company with the slogan “Protect This House,” a phrase printed on a garnet awning at Williams-Brice Stadium.

The rest of the story

By Stephen Fastenau

5. Default Re: Snap! How USC and Louisiana match up

Link broken...

6. UL Football Re: Snap! How USC and Louisiana match up

Besides the LINE (O&D) . . .

In my opinion UL's 2007 season hinges on the success of this group of players.

jmo

ps link fixed

Attached Images Attached Images  

Ragin' Cajuns Cox Digital Cable Subscribers...

For those of us with COX Digital Cable service, you can order tomorrow night's game on ESPN GamePlan Channel 603!! WOOOHOOO!!!

(Price: $21.95)

Default Re: Cox Digital Cable Subscribers...

I thought it was on channel 50 for cox digital customers??

9. Default Re: Cox Digital Cable Subscribers...

Channel 50 for satellite customers. But I thought the game was on Channel 10 for free for Cox Digital Cable customers in Lafayette...

Nevermind, I see you are in Metarie.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Cox Digital Cable Subscribers...

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCherokee View Post
    _ Channel 50 for satellite customers. But I thought the game was on Channel 10 for free for Cox Digital Cable customers in Lafayette...

Nevermind, I see you are in Metarie. _
    I talking about for "the REST of us"!!

Default Re: Snap! How USC and Louisiana match up

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    _ Besides the LINE (O&D) . . .

In my opinion UL's 2007 season hinges on the success of this group of players.

jmo

ps link fixed _
    I think it takes an entire team.

12. Default Re: Cox Digital Cable Subscribers...

Quote Originally Posted by NOCajun View Post
    I talking about for "the REST of us"!!
    I feel you. I live in Houston. But will be in Lafayette this weekend.

In Acadiana the game will be on channel 10 on Cox, despite the fact that the digital guide says otherwise. In Franklin/Patterson, it will be on channel 11 and everywhere else on Cox in Acadiana it will be on channel 10. I work for Cox and we recieved an email confirming this yesterday.

In Acadiana, the ESPN gameplan UL-USC game will be blacked out, because it is free on channel 10.

Enjoy the game!

Jesse

Well i'm glad cox supports the cajuns, 21.95 is a lot of money for a poor college student like me(who would've had to pay if it wasn't free, bc the thought of missing a UL game is worst than seeing your puppy get backed over in the driveway by your mother). Either way Go UL.

Default Game Day UL vs USC

Geaux Cajuns!!!!!!!!!!!

Down With USC!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 13 of 153 FirstFirst ... 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 ... LastLast

Thread Information