Page 11 of 153 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 ... LastLast

Thread: The Book: 2007 Football

Default Re: USC football fans can serve up French bread, sausages and Louisiana beer

Quote Originally Posted by Crowley Cajun View Post
    "Then you?re going to need some andouille or boudin (both hearty Louisiana sausages). Slather on some Jack Miller barbecue sauce and mustard, and you?re good to go.

Yes, that?s barbecue sauce and mustard, not mustard barbecue sauce. And when you?re done, it?s called a sausage po? boy."

Anybody in here ever have a boudin po-boy? I've had BBQ boudin, but I didn't put it between bread and call it a po-boy.

DCJr#1 has been getting boudin and crawfish pizzas at the Pasttime in BR. I don't know if others maybe in Lafayette are doing it better but what I had tasted pretty good.

Default Re: South Carolina game on the internet?

The game is on ESPN Game Plan offered by Direct TV......it's on channel 778 @ 7:00 PM EST.....go to a sports bar that has Direct TV Game Plan....and you can watch it.

Also - you might have a friend with Direct TV at his house...they can purchase the game plan package for the day around $20.00 and then tune to channel 778 and watch the Cajuns.

Good luck.

Default Re: South Carolina game on the internet?

I found out something interesting today. I was checking out ESPN GamePlan because I subscribed to the internet version of it last year.

Now they have the GamePlan games on ESPN360.com as far as I can tell. What is interesting is that if you are a Verizon or AT&T user and register on those sites, you can get ESPN360 for free.

I went to http://surround.verizon.net and was able to register there with my mobile phone number (I do also have an Verizon aircard and don't know if that is a factor or not. But I did use my phone number and not my aircard number). After doing that I was able to get on ESPN360 through the Verizon registration.

The SLU-New Mexico St. game is one of the games listed on the 360 site for tomorrow night. I'll let you know how it works.

There is no game schedule there beyond tomrrow night. But, if you go here http://sports.espn.go.com/espntv/espnJump?showID=PPV , where it talks about ESPN Gameplan, it says that the GamePlan games will also be on ESPN360.com

Doc

Ragin' Cajuns Re: USC football fans can serve up French bread, sausages and Louisiana beer

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    _ Anyone here ever eat a %&$%*& chitlin?

Z _
    Well ... yes and no. My sainted mother-in-law cooked a mean 'debris'. In case you are too uptown to know what that is, is it a stew made from organs not usually considered highly desirable. [Kidneys, spleen, maybe liver, heart, and yes, pieces of small intestine.] Don't ask what's in it, just eat!

She also made 'ponce', which is a stomach stuffed with dressing of some kind.

Not to forget that she made beef tongue into a dish to fight over the first bite, let alone the last.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: USC football fans can serve up French bread, sausages and Louisiana beer

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Well ... yes and no. My sainted mother-in-law cooked a mean 'debris'. In case you are too uptown to know what that is, is it a stew made from organs not usually considered highly desirable. [Kidneys, spleen, maybe liver, heart, and yes, pieces of small intestine.] Don't ask what's in it, just eat!

She also made 'ponce', which is a stomach stuffed with dressing of some kind.

Not to forget that she made beef tongue into a dish to fight over the first bite, let alone the last.
    Ponce and tongue, Im all over. pieces of animal intestine with a side order of "poopie", isnt my thing.

Debris? I use that nasty c*ap to fertilize my garden!

Z.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

_ Ponce and tongue, Im all over. pieces of animal intestine with a side order of "poopie", isnt my thing.

Debris? I use that nasty c*ap to fertilize my garden!

Z. _
    Z, you are a character, dude! I use debris to freshen my clothes in the dryer. I have also been known to ponce and tongue in the same move.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    Z, you are a character, dude! I use debris to freshen my clothes in the dryer. I have also been known to ponce and tongue in the same move.
    And to think I still have detractors.......? I usually do tongue, then Ponce, finishing with "The Move": Okay, so it's Jerry's Move. But George did use it! It requires a headboard with no padding, no more than a one foot differential in heights...ends with a clockwise swirl.

Z

Default Re: South Carolina's Cook charged with unlawful possession of pistol

It will be nice to get some of our backup guys some experience beofre the Georgia game. Thanks ULL for giving us a tune up!!

9. UL Football Ragin' Cajun football squad goes through final full-scale drills

UL's football team began the polishing-up procedures Wednesday, going through its final full-scale workout prior to Saturday's season opener at South Carolina, and Cajun coach Rickey Bustle said the polish is working.

"We made some mistakes yesterday, we made a few less today," Bustle said after the Cajuns' two-hour practice in shoulder pads and shorts. "We're still learning ... we've got new offensive and defensive systems, and we've been working hard to eliminate the mistakes that can beat you.

"You make mistakes against South Carolina, and they can make you pay for them."

UL has had its share of mistakes of inexperience in fall drills, and that is an unknown for Saturday. Of the 68-man travel roster, 23 will be making their first trip this weekend.

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

_ And to think I still have detractors.......? I usually do tongue, then Ponce, finishing with "The Move": Okay, so it's Jerry's Move. But George did use it! It requires a headboard with no padding, no more than a one foot differential in heights...ends with a clockwise swirl.

Z _
    Man I saw that episode two night ago. One of the all time best ones.

Funny you bring up Seinfeld in this thread...remember the one when Jerry and Elaine's friends asked them to be Godparent's and Jerry had to hold the baby during "de bris?'

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux View Post
    Man I saw that episode two night ago. One of the all time best ones.

Funny you bring up Seinfeld in this thread...remember the one when Jerry and Elaine's friends asked them to be Godparent's and Jerry had to hold the baby during "de bris?'
    LOL!!! Oh yeah!

Z.

Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    _ no and after a quick web search to determine exactly what a chitlin is and if there may be another name known as something else, hell no _

the actual name of the thing is a "chitterling" as i recall. 'chitlin' the offhand way of saying it.

Default Cajun Offense Preview

By BJ Thompson
    Cajun RedZone Publisher
    Posted Aug 31, 2007

The Cajuns featured the nation’s 11th ranked rushing attack last year, led by junior tailback Tyrell Fenroy. The 2007 season will feature a new offensive scheme, with junior Michael Desormeaux at the quarterback position. Look for the Cajun offense to be much more balanced between the running and passing game.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=345&f...=3397&t=919027

I tink dat the BR location of Mandina's is closed like dat.

15. UL Football Spurrier fine with QBs for Cajuns

There's been hand-wringing among the Gamecock faithful over the last two weeks, concerns that Saturday's absences from the squad will adversely affect South Carolina's football team.

Starting safety Emanuel Cook was arrested last week on gun possession charges -which were later dropped - but a weekend appendectomy has him unavailable for Saturday's opener against UL. Three other players, including starting quarterback Blake Mitchell, were suspended by the athletic department for violations of class attendance policies.

It's Mitchell's absence that has caused the most grief in the Columbia, S.C., area. How in the world will USC replace a third-year starter and the SEC's top returning quarterback in completion percentage, a current school-record 61.2 percent?

Not to worry, Gamecock fans, lest you forget you have the HBC (head ball coach).

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

Page 11 of 153 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information