Page 7 of 153 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 ... LastLast

Thread: The Book: 2007 Football

Default Re: Hello, Cajuns

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux View Post
    _ Naw, don't worry about bringing your own drink, this oasis is capable of supplying proper hydration for the long walk. I hope to see you during the season.

I actually have had an experience with the KDC. It was probably about 5 or 6 years ago, at least. My buddies and I had tailgated all day and went to the game. As we all know, it was generally a depressing walk back to the cars after those games. There was a guy in a large red walk-in BBQ trailer (that I am assuming was you guys, I still see it in that area). I was hammered and hungry, and asked the the guy if he had any scraps he could spare, being as he was already cleaning up. He fixed me and three or four of my buddies plates of chicken and rice dressing and whatever else. the plates were quite full. As we walked away, in my stooper, with plate in left hand, my right hand somehow hit the fork that was on the plate in a downward manner, turning the plate into a catapult of sorts. then plate then fell face first onto the darkened ground, and I had nothing. It added to my already somber mood.

Seriously though, I am gonna have to look for a copy of that rooster song. I think I've heard it and it sounds fun. I am about to start putting together an iPod full of tunes for our area, and that would be a good one to have. _
    Naw, that red walk in thing is not us. We abut the west side of the maintenance building, and are about 50yds before you get to that red thing.

Maybe our "music master" can help you out with putting some tunes on your ipod. I will ask him if he can help. I know nothing of that technology. No need to depend on men.

Last year we got the N Texas cheerleaders to come into our tailgating area. They were hangin out on the outer edges looking like would like to be invited, but were wary. We coaxed them to come in. They had a blast. I wish I coul've heard the stories that they told when they got back to Denton. I would imagine they will be back this year. You know like migratory wildfowl that make their way back to places they know.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Cats82 View Post
    And thanks to Zeebart for the invite on the Ohio board.

Looking forward to the Bobcats-Cajuns game. It should be a good test for both teams.

Frank Solich has completely energized this program, one that, in all honesty, was among the nation's worst for much of the 1980s and 1990s. Before Solich, we had had two winning seasons since 1982 (both under Jim Grobe, the current head coach at Wake Forest). Last year was our first bowl game since 1968, the same year as our last MAC championship.

More info: http://cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/div...ohio/index.php
    http://www.bobcatattack.com/
    http://ohiobobcats.cstv.com/

Ohio will have had one game vs. 1-AA Gardner-Webb before playing the Cajuns. As noted on another thread on your board, we have some quarterback issues, too. Brad Bower is the started for now. Last year, he threw for one TD and 7 picks in a limited role, but in fairness, he was the designated "passing" QB and got thrown into some bad situations as games started slipping away last year. We also have a JUCO and two redshirt sophs in the mix, so it's far from a done deal at QB.

Watching our RB, Kalvin McRae, should be a treat. He isn't the biggest or fastest guy, but he gets tough yards, rarely loses ground and occasionally breaks open. He's had 1,000+ yards for the last two seasons. If he gets hurt, there's talent but little experience behind him.

We're hoping that a top receiver rises from a talented corps. On the OL, we lost our starting center and left side, but with two suspensions and some injuries last year, a lot of subs got a lot of work, so we're hoping players are ready to step in. The right side has two seasoned vets.

On defense, the line and secondary should be in good shape, but we lost our all three LB starters. Our MLB is a senior who's seen a good amount of action, but the OLBs are less experienced.

On special teams, our kicker is a transfer who started and played well at Washington and our punt returner was among the nation's best. Coverage teams were among the MAC's best. A new punter is being broken in.

I look forward to seeing Fenroy play (well, listening on the radio, anyway). Good luck this season - that's an ambitious OOC schedule that you have...
    Cat, having trouble accessing your message board. Ya'll tweaking it, or is it me with the problem?

Z.

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCharlie View Post

Maybe our "music master" can help you out with putting some tunes on your ipod. I will ask him if he can help. I know nothing of that technology. No need to depend on men.
    That would be great, bu tno big deal if it doesn't work out. I am sure i can find it somewhere on iTunes or something like that.

4. Default Re: Hello, Cajuns

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux View Post
    _ Charles, I shall provide your oasis, if you ever shall need. we are on Reinhardt, across from the main entrance to the track (actually not right across, but a little closer to the stadium), large blue/white tent with a big red flag flying. As I see it, its roughly about half way.

In fact, all are welcome to stop by whenever. Ask for the big man. (fyi...we drink all kinds of beer, so if you have too many, we'll make room in our coolers) _

Seeing that you are handing out tailgating invitations, looks like we may have to beg for some. Doesn't look like we are going to be able to persuade the tailgating committee to lease us a spot. We heard on Sunday that the waiting list is long, which we can understand why. Just need somewhere to tailgate, who will also allow our 10+ fans we have coming with us from Texas to every home game. We will not come empty handed by no means. This family has been getting ready for this, for a long time. I know you folks in Louisiana do it up big, but us Texans can throw a shindig as well.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyraginmomma View Post
    _ Seeing that you are handing out tailgating invitations, looks like we may have to beg for some. Doesn't look like we are going to be able to persuade the tailgating committee to lease us a spot. We heard on Sunday that the waiting list is long, which we can understand why. Just need somewhere to tailgate, who will also allow our 10+ fans we have coming with us from Texas to every home game. We will not come empty handed by no means. This family has been getting ready for this, for a long time. I know you folks in Louisiana do it up big, but us Texans can throw a shindig as well. _
    Many of us here on this board and the Delphi board tailgate under the large oak tree at the track entrance. it is the lone reserved spot along the Bertrand fence. Feel free to drop by and join us.

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by crazyraginmomma View Post
    _ Seeing that you are handing out tailgating invitations, looks like we may have to beg for some. Doesn't look like we are going to be able to persuade the tailgating committee to lease us a spot. We heard on Sunday that the waiting list is long, which we can understand why. Just need somewhere to tailgate, who will also allow our 10+ fans we have coming with us from Texas to every home game. We will not come empty handed by no means. This family has been getting ready for this, for a long time. I know you folks in Louisiana do it up big, but us Texans can throw a shindig as well. _
    Hope to see you guys during the season. We're usually pretty full on our 20'x20' spot being there are so many other people around us, so a good place to settle for the day may be near the eauxk. but, i do hope that you'll come by for a few minutes or a few beers or just to say hello.

Z - Bobcatattack.com was down for awhile yesterday. It's back up and running now...

Default South Carolina's Cook charged with unlawful possession of pistol

9. UL Football More Trouble for Gamecocks Before Opener vs. Cajuns (KADN)

South Carolina safety Emmanuel Cook was arrested on a gun charge and suspended from the university on Friday, making him ineligible to play for the Gamecocks.

Cook, 19, was charged with unlawful possession of a pistol, according to a police report.

Cook and James Gore III, 21, were arrested by University of South Carolina police Thursday night at a parking lot near campus dormitories, the report said.

The athletic department issued a statement saying Cook was suspended from the university because of an arrest involving a weapon.

The rest of the story
    By Associated Press

Chris Mycoskie
    VIDEO

10. UL Football KLAF (Cox cable 13) To Begin Airing Rickey Bustle's Coaches Show Monday, Sept. 3

UL Fans are invited to attend the taping of Coach Bustle's show every Monday, starting 11:15 a.m. at Baja Beach Grill

LOUISIANA La. - With the start of the 2007 football season around the corner, KLAF-TV will begin airing Louisiana's Ragin' Cajuns head football coach Rickey Bustle's Coaches Show every Monday, beginning Sept. 3. Coach Bustle's show will begin taping every Monday morning at 11:15 a.m. at Baja Beach Grill located on Bertrand Drive.

UL fans are invited to join the KLAF television crew during the taping. The show will air at a new and improved time of 9:30 p.m. on Monday nights, only on KLAF.

A total of 12 UL football coaches shows will be taped this year, airing on the following dates: Sept. 3, Sept. 10, Sept. 17, Sept. 24, Oct. 1, Oct. 8, Oct. 15, Oct. 22, Nov. 5, Nov. 12, Nov. 19 and Nov. 26. No coaches show will air on Oct. 29 (UL's Open Date week).

RaginCajuns.com
    Chris Yandle

11. Default Re: KLAF To Begin Airing Rickey Bustle's Coaches Show Monday, Sept. 3

--

12. UL Football Ragin' Cajuns prepare for special situations

Every football team is filled with special situations, and UL's football team did its best to go through most of them Saturday.

In what has become an annual session just before the start of game week, Cajun coach Rickey Bustle showed his team 72 scripted scenarios for the morning workout, and went over procedures for each.

"There's so many situations, you're never going to get to all of them," Bustle said, "but we started some of these yesterday and the day before so the guys could get a look. We had some snafus, but we took them through a lot."

The Cajuns, who open their 2007 season next Saturday at South Carolina, went through a full game-day experience during the morning session including pre-game warmup procedures that begin precisely 55 minutes before kickoff.

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

13. UL Football Brad Bustle: Student Athlete...coaches son

A long time before he was playing football, Brad Bustle was hanging around football coaches.

He was born in 1987, not long after his father went to Virginia Tech as quarterbacks coach. By the time dad became the Hokies' offensive coordinator and Tech made the first of what is now 13 straight bowl

Six years later, the Hokies played for a national championship, and Brad was at the Louisiana Superdome taking it all in.

When his family took another trip to South Louisiana in 2002, this time when father Rickey became head coach at UL, he had a whole new set of coaches to evaluate and emulate.

Is there any wonder that his future plans, after he finishes his playing career under his father, are to enter the coaching ranks?

"I've always thought of myself doing that," Brad said. "I've never thought about doing anything else."

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald

14. UL Football Need for speed: UL's 2007 offense in focus

Unlike its professional counterpart, college football is known for creating wildly unique offenses.

The Single-wing. The Wishbone. The Run-and-Shoot.

Each offensive scheme is a college creation.

These days, the spread is currently in vogue, with more and more collegiate offenses going to some variation of the no-huddle attack. Teams are incorporating more traditional attack variations into their own version of the spread, but the intent is the same - put the offense in control of how quickly the game takes place.

UL has used a version of the no-huddle over the past two years, one that featured the option, and had some measure of success, including back-to-back seasons among the nation's top 15 rushing teams.

"I don't know if anyone out there is trying to do what we're doing with tempo," said new offensive coordinator Blake Anderson. "What we're doing between the whistles is different."

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald

Default TV games this season?

Can anybody please tell me what games will be televised this football season? I seem to remember a thread about this already being started, but I can't find it.

Peace and God Bless

Page 7 of 153 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information