Page 6 of 153 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 ... LastLast

Thread: The Book: 2007 Football

Default Re: Hello, Cajuns

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    _ LOL!! Don't count your Weight Watcher points when you visit K d' Chew!

I figure you guys have the menus pretty much set by now? Just a few short weeks Mr. Charlie!!!

Z _
    We are getting there with the menu items. A couple of more "gigs" by me and we should get better. We have a few items listed, but not where it shall be in a few weeks.

I am making a promise to make my way over to Eauk this year. Wish I could find an oasis between our site and yours. That's a helluva walk for an old coot.

How is little Z progressing?

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCharlie View Post
    We are getting there with the menu items. A couple of more "gigs" by me and we should get better. We have a few items listed, but not where it shall be in a few weeks.

I am making a promise to make my way over to Eauk this year. Wish I could find an oasis between our site and yours. That's a helluva walk for an old coot.

How is little Z progressing?
    No problem, buddy! I have been promising to come your way for the last few years!! LOL!

Jr is good. A grade 1 separation, nothing major. Should be back in contact mix Monday. Scrimmage against St Martinville Thursday. He better have his ssss ready for those boys!!!

Z.

No problem, buddy! I have been promising to come your way for the last few years!! LOL!

Jr is good. A grade 1 separation, nothing major. Should be back in contact mix Monday. Scrimmage against St Martinville Thursday. He better have his ssss ready for those boys!!!

Z.
    Glad to hear the young buck is doing better than originally feared. That is great news! Are you giving him any pointers on how to handle the 'Ville? Best of luck to him this year. My son (#2) just started his senior year today at Fontainebleau High. Son #1 is about to start his 6th fall semester at UL. I think he is trying to emulate the college career of his "hero", young Mr. Venable (late of the UL football team).

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by RaginFan2 View Post
    Glad to hear the young buck is doing better than originally feared. That is great news! Are you giving him any pointers on how to handle the 'Ville? Best of luck to him this year. My son (#2) just started his senior year today at Fontainebleau High. Son #1 is about to start his 6th fall semester at UL. I think he is trying to emulate the college career of his "hero", young Mr. Venable (late of the UL football team).
    yeah...get in and out as quick as you can... Just kidding St Martinvillians!! St Martians???

They are doing it right. Spring game against Breaux Bridge, Fall scrimmage against "The Ville", Jamboree against Cecilia.

Those 3 teams are darned near as good as anyone they will face in their own district.

Keep the boys in line!!! LOL

Z.

Keep the boys in line!!! LOL

Z.
    Trying !!!!!!

I am planning to come in for Sunday's Fan Day. Will you still be in town then?

yeah...get in and out as quick as you can... Just kidding St Martinvillians!! St Martians???

They are doing it right. Spring game against Breaux Bridge, Fall scrimmage against "The Ville", Jamboree against Cecilia.

Those 3 teams are darned near as good as anyone they will face in their own district.
    Yeah, that's a real murderers row. Well, at least they will have been tested when they strap it it on for real!

Quote Originally Posted by RaginFan2 View Post
    Trying !!!!!!

I am planning to come in for Sunday's Fan Day. Will you still be in town then?
    I believe I will be there!!!

Look forward to seeing you!

Z

I truly wish that I could attend; alas, it will be the Cats on the radio with several cold, frosty accompaniments for this one. I hope to meet some of you next year.

Zeebart, to answer your question from the Ohio board: Stupid cow = Marshall Thundering Herd, a longtime off-and-on rival whose campus is only two hours away from ours. They were in the MAC until I think 1969, then out until the mid-90s, then back in, then left for C-USA. Miami is our No.1 rival; Marshall was 1A. Their fans can be obnoxious, but I have to give them props for enthusiasm. During the Bocats' darker days, Marshall games at OU often sounded like Herd home games.

I'm closer than you think....I live in Columbus, OH. I moved up here a few years ago. I sit near a fellow alum of yours. We've been talking about going to the game.

I live in Cols., too, CP - Hilliard, to be exact. It would be great if, if your trip doesn't work out, someplace was showing the game and we could get together.

How do you like Columbus?

My wife and I like it. I'm a fan of the Blue Jackets as well as the Crew. We've been near Dublin for the past couple of years.

I doubt there will be much coverage for the game around here with Buckeye fever and all.

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

_ We are getting there with the menu items. A couple of more "gigs" by me and we should get better. We have a few items listed, but not where it shall be in a few weeks.

How is little Z progressing? _
    Charles, I shall provide your oasis, if you ever shall need. we are on Reinhardt, across from the main entrance to the track (actually not right across, but a little closer to the stadium), large blue/white tent with a big red flag flying. As I see it, its roughly about half way.

In fact, all are welcome to stop by whenever. Ask for the big man. (fyi...we drink all kinds of beer, so if you have too many, we'll make room in our coolers)

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux View Post
    _ Charles, I shall provide your oasis, if you ever shall need. we are on Reinhardt, across from the main entrance to the track (actually not right across, but a little closer to the stadium), large blue/white tent with a big red flag flying. As I see it, its roughly about half way.

In fact, all are welcome to stop by whenever. Ask for the big man. (fyi...we drink all kinds of beer, so if you have too many, we'll make room in our coolers) _
    Aaah, finally an oasis. A friendly oasis at that. Are you telling me that I have to bring my own "water?" Thanks for the invite and you can expect me and some of the Krewe to stop in on our trek to the Eauk.

You and your crew have a standing invitation to the Krewe de Chew tailgating station. You really can't miss us. Two large white tents that abut the west side of the maintenance building. We have our own music guy. Listen for the strains of "Youn Can't Roostah Like You Ustah."

Cajun pride my son, his wife, (lsu graduates) and our two grandchildren live in Westerville. We've been Ohio several times. Great temperature during june and july. If any of you come down to the game, dress for Ohio's August temperatures. It will not be cool!!!!!!!!! You'll be sitting in the sun during the first half. Show up, come for food and fun.

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

_ Aaah, finally an oasis. A friendly oasis at that. Are you telling me that I have to bring my own "water?" Thanks for the invite and you can expect me and some of the Krewe to stop in on our trek to the Eauk.

You and your crew have a standing invitation to the Krewe de Chew tailgating station. You really can't miss us. Two large white tents that abut the west side of the maintenance building. We have our own music guy. Listen for the strains of "Youn Can't Roostah Like You Ustah."

_
    Naw, don't worry about bringing your own drink, this oasis is capable of supplying proper hydration for the long walk. I hope to see you during the season.

I actually have had an experience with the KDC. It was probably about 5 or 6 years ago, at least. My buddies and I had tailgated all day and went to the game. As we all know, it was generally a depressing walk back to the cars after those games. There was a guy in a large red walk-in BBQ trailer (that I am assuming was you guys, I still see it in that area). I was hammered and hungry, and asked the the guy if he had any scraps he could spare, being as he was already cleaning up. He fixed me and three or four of my buddies plates of chicken and rice dressing and whatever else. the plates were quite full. As we walked away, in my stooper, with plate in left hand, my right hand somehow hit the fork that was on the plate in a downward manner, turning the plate into a catapult of sorts. then plate then fell face first onto the darkened ground, and I had nothing. It added to my already somber mood.

Seriously though, I am gonna have to look for a copy of that rooster song. I think I've heard it and it sounds fun. I am about to start putting together an iPod full of tunes for our area, and that would be a good one to have.

Page 6 of 153 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information