Page 3 of 153 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast

Thread: The Book: 2007 Football

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Michael Desormeaux Era Begins At UL?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    _ How about that Brian Mitchell guy? _
    Nope. He would have never been good as a college QB. He was too short and stocky. He was a great athlete, but definitely not a QB. All-purpose athletes should stick to what they are told to do. It would have been interesting to see what he could have done as a Cajun QB. I really think he would have been fun to watch. Heck, he might have even set school records and perhaps an NCAA record. We will never know because he is just an all-purpose athlete.

Go get em MD... and do it your way.

FWIW

We should go with Desmo as long as he can run with effectiveness. Forget the passing game. We don't have a QB on the roster that can throw effectively, right now.

If and when Desmo goes down, We should play Mcguire.

We are caught in this situation because of the messed up situation with a former QB recruit who is currently the QB for the defending SLC champions.

Fire away.

what situation??????

We sit better depth wise going into to this year than we did last.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns67
    _ what situation??????

We sit better depth wise going into to this year than we did last. _
    The situation where if Desmo goes down, we are in deep do-do.

Last season:

#1QB--2&1/2 years experience
    #2QB--1/2 year experience

This season:

#1QB--1/2 year experiece
    #2QB--1 year experience

Quote Originally Posted by HOTBOUDIN
    _ FWIW

We should go with Desmo as long as he can run with effectiveness. Forget the passing game. We don't have a QB on the roster that can throw effectively, right now.

We are caught in this situation because of the messed up situation with a former QB recruit who is currently the QB for the defending SLC champions.

Fire away. _
    No need to fire are away, but if you are talking about the young man that starts at McNeese St, he would have redshirted this past year behind Babb. And he would have a new quarterback coach and system to learn as well this year, so I'm not sure that what experience he would have brought to the table other then potential. Because he would not have played last year, so we can only speculate at this point.

6. Default Re: Michael Desormeaux Era Begins At UL?

_ FWIW

Fire away. _
    What about Hundley? Some have said (former football palyers) that he has better touch on his passes than any other USL/UL quarterback. He was pretty impressive at the red and white game. And in the game that he played in, he didn't throw many passes, if any at all.

You know, West Virginia's QB is not known as a passing QB. The RB/QB tamdem they have is enough to make them work. They do just enough short passing to keep teams guessing, and WVU's QB sure reminds alot of Desormeaux- except he is a heisman candidate:-)
    The point being I could see our offense jell something to this philosphy. We do not need D to toss it for 300+ yards. We can win it with these two guys in the backfield.

Default Re: 2007 Schedule for Outlook

Quote Originally Posted by Damon
    _ I also imported the calendar into Google's Calendar. Let me know as things need to be changed, and I will edit.

Clicky Here: _
    Do you live in San Diego? What television package do you use to watch the UL play football. We live in Salem, Oregon and trying to find a good package to see as many games as possible. Also wanted to tell you my oldest son is getting married (not the one playing for UL) at the Hotel Del Coronado Dec 30. It is a really beautiful place. I would like some help on the TV thing if you have any advise.

UL Football Re: Michael Desormeaux Era Begins At UL?

Quote Originally Posted by EVCajun12
    _ You know, West Virginia's QB is not known as a passing QB. The RB/QB tamdem they have is enough to make them work. They do just enough short passing to keep teams guessing, and WVU's QB sure reminds alot of Desormeaux- except he is a heisman candidate:-)
    The point being I could see our offense jell something to this philosphy. We do not need D to toss it for 300+ yards. We can win it with these two guys in the backfield. _
    The best case for the Cajuns would be for a typical Saturday Des having about a 180 yards on 12 of 18 completions, a touch and no interceptions. If we get that production we will win 80% of the time. You are right EV, we do not need 300 yards per game. In fact with the offense we run, it probably means we are in deep doo doo if we have 300 or more yards.

Quote Originally Posted by ULforlife
    _ Especially like that Vince Young guy... I don't know if anyone's heard of him. Anyway, not that great... _
    SO you're telling me Des is another Vince Young??? Didn't know that. Funny but I didn't see his pic on the front of Street and Smith's.

Quote Originally Posted by showdog
    SO you're telling me Des is another Vince Young??? Didn't know that. Funny but I didn't see his pic on the front of Street and Smith's.
    You're missing the point. You made a blanket statement about athletes being unable to play football at the D1A level. Many of us disagree with that.

No one said #6 = #12

Default Re: 2007 Schedule for Outlook

Mandy-
    I don't really watch any of their games. I'm too poor to get the ESPN College Gameplan package. Since I graduated in 2002, I've only seen 2 (?) games on TV. I usually listen to the radio broadcast on the internet.

13. Default Re: Michael Desormeaux Era Begins At UL?

I just hope that we don't live and die by Desormeaux this year.

I realize the dynamic nature of Mike and love the guy. I am just very concerned with his throwing ability and throwing decision making. I know that true athletes tend to pick up on things quickly and I have high hopes that Mike will have taken care of the fundamentals and situational things before Conference games open up. And we can't judge Mike by the 2005 campaign. He was thrown in and had not been preparing to be an every game QB. Due to his obvious lack of confidence in throwing, his instincts took over and we saw brilliance in his scrambling.

I am behind Mike 110% and I think we are a better team with him behind center IF he can throw enough for defenses to not load the box. But if he doesn't or can't, our coaches have to put Hundley (or Morel) in. We can work in Mike other places and he will succeed (see the past two Sun Belt All Purpose awards). I just won't people able to tolerate hard-headedness in the event of Mike struggling at the QB position. If he hasn't shown drastic improvement in his throwing ability at the end of the 2nd conference game or so, Hundley or Morel has to go in. He is plenty competent enough and will stretch the field, ultimately opening it up for our bread-and-butter, #32.

Mike is the man. But the coaches (as well as Hundley & Morel) better be ready to make a change if necessary.

The situation where if Desmo goes down, we are in deep do-do.

Last season:

#1QB--2&1/2 years experience
    #2QB--1/2 year experience

This season:

#1QB--1/2 year experiece
    #2QB--1 year experience
    The little I saw of Desmo I like. A lot of heart and some talent. I will take that over talent and a little heart any day.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT
    _ No need to fire are away, but if you are talking about the young man that starts at McNeese St, he would have redshirted this past year behind Babb. And he would have a new quarterback coach and system to learn as well this year, so I'm not sure that what experience he would have brought to the table other then potential. Because he would not have played last year, so we can only speculate at this point. _
    Last season, as a TRUE Freshman, he:

1) Led McNeese to a Conference Championship

2) Was the #1 rated QB in the Conference.

3) Was the #2 rusher on his team as well.

Keep in mind he did 2) and 3) usually while running for his life every time dropped back to pass.

I'm not saying he would and should have started over Desmo had he come here. I am saying that this offense would run effectively with either QB. I can't say that about any QB on our roster except Desmo.

You'll get to see for yourself come September.

Page 3 of 153 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information