Page 151 of 153 FirstFirst . 141 148 149 150 151 152 153 LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 2293

Thread: The Book: 2007 Football

Default Re: Turbine why are you so f-ing optimistic about Bustle?

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    I agree to a point but it would make a statement that they are unhappy and thats what they want to get across
    Then why not make red dot shirts with a frowny face?

Default Re: Turbine why are you so optimistic about Bustle?

The websites, harrassing the family, the shirts are all bad but I must say I am kinda impressed that there are that many people that actually care about the future of UL football. If we want to have a winning program, people need to get upset when we lose. I think that has been the problem for so long at UL, we dont have enough people banging on doors DEMANDING VICTORY. In the past, when our teams are on the down turn in the middle of a season, everyone jumps ship and quickly joins the lsucks bandwagon and no complaining goes on. WE NEED MORE PEOPLE TO GET ANGRY WHEN THINGS ARE GOING WRONG.

Default Re: The myth that we will get better

Finally, a real discussion about the heart of the issues with this football program.

Not the PA announcer, or the DJ, or coming up with a catchy cheer, or moral victories.

Quote Originally Posted by USLJim View Post
    _ Question: Are you a lsu graduate disquised as someone who hates em and making us think you are for UL but just like to poise questions which could cause descent amongst us? Don't want to ruffle your feathers, just want to know the truth here. I believe we are causing more damage to our University's image with these blogs than we are doing good. We don't need to expose our dirty laundry to the world, DO WE ANYMORE? _
    Not sure where IHateLaState graduated from.but I have spoken with him and he is a stand up person who cares about ULpromise.

Quote Originally Posted by AstroCajun View Post
    _ Then why not make red dot shirts with a frowny face? _
    that actually sounds good ill mention it to them

6. Default Re: The myth that we will get better

Quote Originally Posted by MissingMandy View Post
    Not sure where IHateLaState graduated from.but I have spoken with him and he is a stand up person who cares about ULpromise.
    Are you in Louisiana yet? Hope you enjoy your time down here.

Quote Originally Posted by IHateLaState View Post
    _ Thanks for the comment. I do love this university.

I've watched Grant Fleming. The young man is trying bis arse off. Yet I dont see the production in terms of stopping the opposition. I see many of his tackles 7-8 yards down the field. Maybe that is scheming. and the D-line is supposed to not let the opposition get into the seocndary. As I said Im not that smart. just a fan _
    He needs others to help himhas to be a team effort. I see alot of players waiting and not reacting and I think that is just lack of experience. It comes with the confidence of knowing exactly where to be and when. Again a new defense and offensive schemeit takes time. Many don't want to give it time but it's a reality. There is a learning curve for every profession no matter how good you are at it. Everyone says you've given it enough time. Reality is, it is all new this year and no there hasn't been enough time given. You have to have faith in those who lead and teach these boys. This is a learning season. Plain and simple. If you were a business executive and hired a new employee, would you expect them to know their job immediately, of course not. There is no difference in football. Let's get through this year with our heads held high and give these guys a chance. SHOW UP FOR HOMECOMING!!!!!! I know my stand isn't a popular one but can I have a bravo happy face too?

8. Default Re: Turbine why are you so f-ing optimistic about Bustle?

_ that actually sounds good ill mention it to them _

"good ill"

It fits if there is such a thing. . . . Freud

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun77 View Post
    _ Are you in Louisiana yet? Hope you enjoy your time down here. _
    No I am here in cold, WET, MISERABLE Oregon. Where we have had snow in the mountains allready and the ski slopes are up in 3 weeks. Barf.

Quote Originally Posted by Membertou View Post
    _ I don't think there is any question that young players will improve. However, that isn't the relevent question. The correct question is: "will the young players improve enough relative to the competition in order to significantly change the results?"

Its no different than saying how much Ricky Bustle has improved the program from the Baldwin years. That is no doubt true. The problem is that programs like Troy, FAU, Arkansas State, MTSU have improved their programs MORE than we've improved ours in the same time period.

You can be moving forward and still fall farther behind. _
    Yes, I agree that the other programs are improving. The question remains, why are we losing in the same manner now for two years? We are getting hammered at home by more then 21pts a game, against the Sun Belt. So, it doesn't not matter at this point that the other Sun Belt programs are improving. But it does matter that we are getting worse by a large gap. And, we terminated four coaches last year because the season was not satisfactory. So how is this year more satisfactory by any standard?

Default Re: Forget Out of Bounds, Spencer Ortego Can't Be Ignored

You know your team is bad when a walk-on has one good game and is called an "emerging star".

that actually sounds good ill mention it to them
    I can be subversive when I want to.

Default Re: Forget Out of Bounds, Spencer Ortego Can't Be Ignored

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    _ You know your team is bad when a walk-on has one good game and is called an "emerging star". _
    The guy is a starting true freshman, he will be good give him time. Plus, the guy obviously wants to play pretty bad no matter what, that's something that can't be said as much throughout the reat of the team.

Why not give him some credit?

Quote Originally Posted by MissingMandy View Post
    He needs others to help himhas to be a team effort. I see alot of players waiting and not reacting and I think that is just lack of experience. It comes with the confidence of knowing exactly where to be and when. Again a new defense and offensive schemeit takes time. Many don't want to give it time but it's a reality. There is a learning curve for every profession no matter how good you are at it. Everyone says you've given it enough time. Reality is, it is all new this year and no there hasn't been enough time given. You have to have faith in those who lead and teach these boys. This is a learning season. Plain and simple. If you were a business executive and hired a new employee, would you expect them to know their job immediately, of course not. There is no difference in football. Let's get through this year with our heads held high and give these guys a chance. SHOW UP FOR HOMECOMING!!!!!! I know my stand isn't a popular one but can I have a bravo happy face too?

Keep the faith. It is most important in this difficult time that we here and consider all points of view.

The more points of view we have, the more likely we will find the one which is right.

While I am inclined to agree with you, the other side is making some pretty good arguments too.

_ We had a team that went on a run and won a co-championship.that team was young. But then we turned around the next year after starting off very hot and went down hill.now 2 years after that we are young again? how does that happen, wouldn't that be a problem with coaching?

Ok so we give Bustle another 2 years and we are going to be a great veteran team right.no not really we would have lost fenroy, desmo, chery, and smith.so we would be young again so would the same excuses work then to?

That doesnt make much sense the way i typed it but i think yaL get the point _
    I get ya.

It's a cycle of having 1 OK team every 4 years.

Now is the time to break the cycle.

Thread Information