Page 148 of 153 FirstFirst . 138 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 . LastLast
Results 2,206 to 2,220 of 2293

Thread: The Book: 2007 Football

This is so COOL Re: Allon

About 10 rows in front of youalong with my wife and my little one. I'll SEE you there.you can BANK on it!!! Bring that CPA and his family, too!!! Will be a JDP reunion of UL alums.sort of like HOMECOMING!!!!

Default Re: Allon

Eyeman I think these store boughts are not working to good. Time to check the visonSee you at the swamp. Not sure about the CPA!

This is so COOL Re: Allon

See you guys there!!! I'll buy you a drink after the game if you like.that way your vision could be blurry and double. See you SAT!!!

Default Re: Out Scored By Quarters. Out Scored by 100 so far this year.

Quote Originally Posted by srevere51 View Post
    _ SCORE BY QUARTERS 1st 2nd 3rd 4th Total
    -------------------- --- --- --- --- ---
    Louisiana. 54 55 31 23 - 163
    Opponents. 55 94 62 52 - 263 _
    now, what are the figures after the ASU game?

Default Re: Out Scored By Quarters. Out Scored by 100 so far this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Corndog308 View Post
    _ now, what are the figures after the ASU game? _
    I believe that is after the ASU game

6. UL Football Intensity impresses Bustle

UL's football team returned to the practice field on Tuesday for the first time since its Sunday night session, and Cajun coach Rickey Bustle said the squad has put Saturday's 52-21 debacle at Arkansas State in the past.

"Our intensity was much better today," Bustle said after UL's two-hour session in full pads. "We had a good Sunday night session, too. We've had a lot of focus in both our practices, and when you focus you're going to have that kind of intensity."

The 1-6 Cajuns got in their first full work against scout-team competition simulating looks expected from Florida Atlantic. UL hosts the Owls (3-3, 2-0 Sun Belt Conference) in Saturday's 4 p.m. Homecoming contest at Cajun Field.

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

7. UL Football Forget Out of Bounds, Spencer Ortego Can't Be Ignored

Spencer Ortego wanted to play college football so badly, he resorted to visual aids.

Ortego, Teurlings Catholic's punter and kicker in his final two high school seasons, bugged UL coach Rickey Bustle all of last summer, asking for a chance to be a part of the Cajun squad.

Finally, a couple of days after the Cajuns opened fall drills, he went to Bustle's office with a copy of that day's Daily Advertiser - one in which Bustle had expressed concerns about UL's punting game.

"He came in with my quote circled," Bustle said. "He wanted to play so bad."
    It just so happened that the Cajuns' fall-practice roster dropped below the NCAA maximum of 105 that very day because of early injuries. With the spot available, Bustle told Ortego to be ready to go the next day.

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

8. This is so COOL Call him after Homecoming and say "Congratulations Scott"

Scott Brazda named honorary chair of 2007 Special Olympics State Fall Classic Games

CARENCRO — Scott Brazda, long-time TV and radio personality, has been selected as the honorary chair for this weekend’s 2007 Special Olympics State Fall Classic Games.

Brazda currently serves as the Executive Director of the Stuller Family Foundation, which supports many organizations in Acadiana, including Special Olympics programs. His involvement with the “St. Jude Acadiana Dream Home Project” began with its inception and in just over a decade, raised over $12 million for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.

Brazda is also a member of the Adjunct Faculty of the Communications Department at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette and he can be heard on weekday mornings on Newsradio KPEL-FM with is “Just a Thought” commentaries. He is also the host of the “Final Drive,” the station’s Ragin’ Cajuns Football post game show.

The rest of the story

Default The myth that we will get better

Now I hope that I dont step on anyone's toes. I just have a question for those that are perhaps smarter than I

The conventional wisdom is that we keep Coach Bustle because this team is "young" and next year those young players will make us so much better. Now here is my question. If these kids are getting run roughshod over now, what magically is going to happen in 9 months that will turn them into something different? Ok 1 year in the program I can see the benefit of a bit more comfort in the program. But when I look around the country i see Fresman stepping up and making plays and competing physically. I dont see that happeneing here. i saw it in Fenroy as a Freshman But I dont see it happening here.

Again I am not trying to step on anyone's toes. I'm trying to find some reason to believe that next year will in fact be better.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: The myth that we will get better

Quote Originally Posted by IHateLaState View Post
    _ Now I hope that I dont step on anyone's toes. I just have a question for those that are perhaps smarter than I

The conventional wisdom is that we keep Coach Bustle because this team is "young" and next year those young players will make us so much better. Now here is my question. If these kids are getting run roughshod over now, what magically is going to happen in 9 months that will turn them into something different? Ok 1 year in the program I can see the benefit of a bit more comfort in the program. But when I look around the country i see Fresman stepping up and making plays and competing physically. I dont see that happeneing here. i saw it in Fenroy as a Freshman But I dont see it happening here.

Again I am not trying to step on anyone's toes. I'm trying to find some reason to believe that next year will in fact be better. _
    Question: Are you a lsu graduate disquised as someone who hates em and making us think you are for UL but just like to poise questions which could cause descent amongst us? Don't want to ruffle your feathers, just want to know the truth here. I believe we are causing more damage to our University's image with these blogs than we are doing good. We don't need to expose our dirty laundry to the world, DO WE ANYMORE?

Default Re: The myth that we will get better

Quote Originally Posted by USLJim View Post
    Question: Are you a lsu graduate disquised as someone who hates em and making us think you are for UL but just like to poise questions which could cause descent amongst us? Don't want to ruffle your feathers, just want to know the truth here. I believe we are causing more damage to our University's image with these blogs than we are doing good. We don't need to expose our dirty laundry to the world, DO WE ANYMORE?
    No, his posting record proves otherwise.

Just because you (and I) may disagree with him doesn't mean his loyalty is in question (or ours).

But to answer IHLS's question, look to FAU. They were young last year and they grew up.

If you don't think players like TRUE FRESHMAN Grant Flemming, who is pretty darn good, could get any better, you are wrong.

It is a new defense with new terminology. You can coach all you want, but if the player isn't in position to make the play, it ain't gonna get made.

Another year will breed some familiarity and confidence. The plays move so fast that you want the players to play without thinking "am I where I'm supposed to be?"

That said, my patience with Bustle will run out on Oct 1, 2008 if we haven't won a game in the new season. (Unless of course we haven't won another in 2007).

_ Question: Are you a lsu graduate disquised as someone who hates em and making us think you are for UL but just like to poise questions which could cause descent amongst us? Don't want to ruffle your feathers, just want to know the truth here. I believe we are causing more damage to our University's image with these blogs than we are doing good. We don't need to expose our dirty laundry to the world, DO WE ANYMORE? _
    I know IHateLaState can defend himself but I will say that he has been here a while and has contributed a lot of great things to many conversations.

I think he has a valid question.I have said it in many post recently that I like Bustle but his performance does not deserve another year. He ahs taken us as far as he can. That is only my opinion and I as well as IHateLaState respect everyone else's opinion we just want to ait out all the problems.

Quote Originally Posted by AstroCajun View Post

That said, my patience with Bustle will run out on Oct 1, 2008 if we haven't won a game in the new season. (Unless of course we haven't won another in 2007). _
    My patience has run out as of last week. Not once this year had Bustle stepped up to the plate and said " I did not have my team ready to play, we have to do a better job at getting the kids ready to play. I will have them ready to play next week."
    Oh Grant Flemming is a stud.

_ Question: Are you a lsu graduate disquised as someone who hates em and making us think you are for UL but just like to poise questions which could cause descent amongst us? Don't want to ruffle your feathers, just want to know the truth here. I believe we are causing more damage to our University's image with these blogs than we are doing good. We don't need to expose our dirty laundry to the world, DO WE ANYMORE? _
    First, you have every right to your opinion and he has a right to his point of view as well. Let's not get into personal attacks, because you don't agree with his statements. As long as the questions are legitimate and focus on the football program in it's current state, it is not personal attack on coach Bustle. Secondly, you are certainly free to express why you believe his opinion is not accurate.

As for damaging the program, one only has to venture into this community and around the state to understand that the damage is already done to this program. Simply ignoring that fact, is not going to make the state of this football program or the product on the field any better.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunGuru View Post
    First, you have every right to your opinion and he has a right to his point of view as well. Let's not get into personal attacks, because you don't agree with his statements. As long as the questions are legitimate and focus on the football program in it's current state, it is not personal attack on coach Bustle. Secondly, you are certainly free to express why you believe his opinion is not accurate.

As for damaging the program, one only has to venture into this community and around the state to understand that the damage is already done to this program. Simply ignoring that fact, is not going to make the state of this football program or the product on the field any better.
    Would you feel the same if we were still 1-6 but that one win was against McNeese?

Isn't that really the major source of heartburn around here?

That we lost to a pretty darn good team 74 miles away?

Would some of you feel the same way if we were 2-5 with wins against McNeese and NT?

How about 3-4 (Ohio, McNeese, NT)?

It's really about McNeese.

The McNeese loss ended the season for alot of people.

Thread Information