Page 145 of 153 FirstFirst . 135 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 . LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,175 of 2293

Thread: The Book: 2007 Football

Default Re: Is Rickey Bustle trying to get fired

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    I think he realizes that he has got this program as far as it can go. The future doesn't look bright. _
    While I agree the future does not look bright right now I refuse to accept that this is as far as the program can go. Look at the facilities we have. Look at the fan potential. Look at the quality of education. Look at the future potential of living in Lafayette for players. You think someone can look at Jonesboro Arkansas and say "well if I play there I can probably find a great career after". Or Monroe? of for heavens sake RUSTON??

No this program has vast potential. and thats why I for one will never accept 6-5 and mid level Sun beltas being our fate in football life. I believe that one day this program will be regularly mentioned in the Bowl mix. Will have some years where they are 9-2.Maybe 10-1 Where 6-5 is deemed a "rebuilding" year And thats why I am so upset at things i truely believe that is possible I also believe it is NOT possible with the current cast of characters

Default This is unacceptable

Just wondering how many of you can continue to defend this football coach??? 6 friggin years into his regime and we are getting battered by mid-level Sun Belt teams. not even competing anymore

Someone tell me after Saturday night what hope is there for next year? What in the last 6 or 7 weeks has given you any hope at all?? This coach produced a losing season last year when he had all of the tools to win this little conference we are in and what does he do?? He fires his assistants. And what progress have we seen??? in the words (sort of.lol) of Jim Mora. "Progress?? Progress?? don't ask me about Progress?? Progress?? I'm just trying to keep the score under 60"

people we are in year 6. there has been no progress. in fact there has been regression. this coach is probably a very good OC but he is not a Head coach. Face facts his hiring was a failure. so start over.
    Sure it hurts but there are no signs that next year will be any better and you will just be a year later getting started.

This is embarrassing and I challenge anyone to explain to me how we can accept this???

For those with no more brain power than to challenge me as a fan yes I will be there Saturday and every game after that Talk about substance rather than childish attacks on the messenger

UL Soccer Re: Things We Should not Discuss

Woo Hoo!!! Let's talk about soccer!!! Those ladies are kicking some booty! 3-1-2 in conference, tied for 3rd in the SunBelt (out of 12 teams) and quickly moving up every week! Geaux Cajuns!!!

Default Re: Things We Should not Discuss

Seriously though, women's soccer is what's getting us any respect right now. They've got a winner overall and conf record. Wish our sports like that that did good (see also softball) would get more attendance. anyhoo, yeah, how about that soccer.

I challenge those of you fed up with football to go to the last two home soccer games. Let's give those girls a packed stadium and something to be proud of besides their record.

God Bless

Default Re: Things We Should not Discuss

Quote Originally Posted by Sid View Post
    _ Seriously though, women's soccer is what's getting us any respect right now. They've got a winner overall and conf record. Wish our sports like that that did good (see also softball) would get more attendance. anyhoo, yeah, how about that soccer.

I challenge those of you fed up with football to go to the last two home soccer games. Let's give those girls a packed stadium and something to be proud of besides their record.

God Bless _

The only thing worse than UL football right now is UL volleyball.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Is Rickey Bustle trying to get fired

Quote Originally Posted by IHateLaState
    While I agree the future does not look bright right now I refuse to accept that this is as far as the program can go. Look at the facilities we have. Look at the fan potential. Look at the quality of education. Look at the future potential of living in Lafayette for players. You think someone can look at Jonesboro Arkansas and say "well if I play there I can probably find a great career after". Or Monroe? of for heavens sake RUSTON??

No this program has vast potential. and thats why I for one will never accept 6-5 and mid level Sun beltas being our fate in football life. I believe that one day this program will be regularly mentioned in the Bowl mix. Will have some years where they are 9-2.Maybe 10-1 Where 6-5 is deemed a "rebuilding" year And thats why I am so upset at things i truely believe that is possible I also believe it is NOT possible with the current cast of characters

Bingo add Troy AL and Hattiesburg, MS to that list

Z

Default Re: This is unacceptable

It is very unacceptable and it is time for a change. I am at the point I would do what North Texas did and fire him before the season ends and start making plans for the new staff now. I really like Bustle so it makes it hard to makes these comments but sometimes a change has to be made to move forward.

Vote Chris Hatcher for UL HC 2008 and beyond

GEAUX CAJUNS!!!

I agree. The buck has to stop with the Head Coach. We can do better for sure. After building up interest a little, it will tumble if we don't do something.
    Some might not want to pay the buyout, but 10,000 people at $10. is $100,000. per game We can't afford not to make the change.

I am on the wagon now with you ihateLastate.

I fully expected bustle to win this game or at the very least be competitive. I can only hope for a homecoming win now.

Default Re: Heavy downpour with TV option keeps Fans away from Great Game.

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    I emailed him

Walker forwarded (sp?) my email to Sherry and Scott. I can only hope it helps.

the buy out will pay for itself if done right. the money everyone thinks we dont have to buy out bustle will be there if we make the right decision in hiring a new coach. if we invest in a good coach the money he will generate by winning will easily pay for the buy out. if we make another mistake then we will be in trouble. sticking with bustle and paying him anyway with no support will cost us alot more money than if we spend the money to get a good coach to turn this thing around. bustle is getting his 500k no matter what. so why not hire a guy who is going to pay for that by getting butts in the seats and turn this thing around. it takes money to make money. i think the players have lost their belief in bustle's plan and when that happens its hopeless. the players may not give up on playing but when they stop beleiving in a coaches sytem and play calling its over

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Bigcobra View Post
    _ ive been a fan for a long ____ing time, and i never second guessed myself for being a fan. But its starting to get bad. asu is not a good team, and we lost by thirty. they dominated us like we were a high school team. ASU did this. they arent even a decent team. The worst in the NCAA is kicking the ____ out of us. i dont know what to do anymore. Im not putting blame on anyone; its just a fact; we suck. i dont know what to do. _
    I thought you would like to see this since your view is very skewed of the ASU Football team.

Sunbelt conference ranking Blue is nationally ranking.
    #2 Rushing Offense 14 210.50 La.-Lafayette 231.86
    #4 Passing Offense 44 245.50 North Texas 318.00
    #1 Total Offense 19 456.00 Arkansas St. 456.00
    #2 Scoring Offense 44 30.83 Troy 34.00
    #1 Rushing Defense 60 155.33 Arkansas St. 155.33
    #6 Pass Efficiency Defense 96 141.07 Troy 110.50
    #1 Total Defense 61 381.83 Arkansas St. 381.83
    #2 Scoring Defense 79 29.83 Middle Tenn. St. 26.43
    #2 Net Punting 30 37.14 La.-Monroe 37.32
    #2 Punt Returns 33 12.00 Troy 21.92
    #1 Kickoff Returns 59 21.76 Arkansas St. 21.76
    #6 Turnover Margin 95 -.83 Fla. Atlantic 2.50
    #3 Pass Defense 61 226.50 Troy 184.17
    #2 Passing Efficiency 52 129.92 Middle Tenn. St. 130.59
    #8 Sacks 115 .83 Florida Int'l 1.83
    #8 Tackles For Loss 118 3.50 Florida Int'l 6.67
    #7 Sacks Allowed 93 2.67 Troy 1.00

Oh, btw I forgot to mention. you do suck!

UL Football Re: Its just a fact; we suck

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    Take heart. We have been in the toilet for so long there is no place to go but up. We just need to stop waiting six years for someone to do something.

Yes, I agreed & yes we do suck now but we are capable of beating most of the SunBelt teams. We beat NT. They beat ULM. ULM beat ASU. So anything can happen this conference.

We just have to play more consistent & mostly, play better in the 2nd half! Our 2nd halfs have been depressing. It seems like our defense gets tired & the other team starts reading us better. I am not a coach & very far from one but I think we could use a few more new offensive plays. It looks like we run too many of the same.

GEAUX CAJUNS!!!!!!

Default Re: Its just a fact; we suck

Quote Originally Posted by chiefsfan View Post
    If we're not a good team, then what are you guys?
    Why don't you ask one of the many regulars here?

It sounded to me like ASU was the old Green Bay Packers last Saturday night. And that ain't BAD!

USL (1960-1983)  (1985-1998) Re: Its just a fact; we no good

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/co.144&CID=726804

We're not the worst, there are 3 teams behind us out of 120 (LOL!!), just dropped one spot from our magnificent win over NT (last week 116 this week 117).

Time to clean house!

ASU at 89, they ain't that bad according to their stats, but thumping us Sat. night and running up and down scoring 50+ makes any team look good.

Coach, you should have been less concerned in the offseason making "Cheesy" truck commercials and more concerned with running a successful program in year 6pack your bags!!! It's hard to stomach this anymorecome on baseball season!!!

Thread Information