Results 2,116 to 2,130 of 2293

Thread: The Book: 2007 Football

Default Re: Why wait Fire them tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    _ Maybe he can resign today and make it easy on all of us _
    Who would you put as coach?

Default Re: There should be a press conference today. TODAY

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    _ Contact them again and again.let them knwo that this is unexceptable. Its time to becoem what this program can be and it won't happen with this staff _
    Go ahead and tell him that it's VERY hard for me to believe that Bustle hasn't given up.

Quote Originally Posted by RonMexico View Post
    announcing the dismissal of this football staff, immediately after the final whistle of our beat down at the hands of ULM.
    Put together an actual search committee that knows what it takes to be successful in the 21'st century. The old guard is what got us where we are in the first place. Try to keep anyone and everyone associated with the U.L.L.(ughh) alumni association as far away from the process as possible.
    It is my belief that our guys in place, Walker and Farmer, have already discreetly started contacting potential candidates finding out whose warm, whose lukewarm, who has NO interest at all.
    Immediately after the ULM game, get some interviews setup, begin the process. Time is of the essence. have a new guy in place by Christmas. This will be early enough to partially save our 2008 recruiting class. This will also let our existing players players know we mean business, and that they will not be taken advantage of.
    Make no mistake, the money is out there. Question is, will the dinosaurs surrounding this university allow this athletic program to move into the "New Millennium", or will continue to operate like its 1965?
    Heads out of ssses gentlemen. Time to finally get real about UL football.

L'Ronte'
    Don't forget. This time let's hire a real head coach and some coordinator. I believe ASU got their current head coach from NWST. Very sad time to be a Cajun fan.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by LARaginCajun View Post
    _ Who would you put as coach? _
    If you don't mind me interrupting. does it matter? Instead of drawing a student name for a halftime kick for cash, we could draw one for next game's interum coach. I fear we would crush FAU under this young lady's guidance and really throw this program in a tailspin.

Quote Originally Posted by LARaginCajun View Post
    _ Who would you put as coach? _
    Doesn't matter right now with how this team is performing.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I just heard that Hundley quit the team again.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    Did "we" do it the right way? Did the villagers storm the castle, displaying the heads of those who failed to listen in the past? Because, there are ways to "contact". and there are ways to "contact".

BEFORE WE BUY OUT A CONTRACT AND HIRE "ANOTHER COACH", CAN WE POSSIBLY HIRE AN "UNATTACHED" CONSULTANT WHO HAS DONE THIS BEFORE FOR OTHER PROGRAMS, AND DO WHAT THEY TELL US TO DO WITH THE ENTIRE PROGRAM!!!!
    Kind sir, if you will re-read the 2nd and 3rd paragraphs of my initial post, those suggestions are made. I dont believe anyone will be taken seriously if they storm the castle, do you?

No Sir, there was no storming of the castle.

L' Ronteletubby'

Quote Originally Posted by RonMexico View Post
    _ Kind sir, if you will re-read the 2nd and 3rd paragraphs of my initial post, those suggestions are made. I dont believe anyone will be taken seriously if they storm the castle, do you?

No Sir, there was no storming of the castle.

L' Ronteletubby' _
    OK teletubby. but you mention the dinasaurs surrounding the program. can we de-head one of them as a public expression of dissatisfaction? We don't have to storm the castle. We could just mount it on one of our spears outside the gate.

We will see if the "farmer" and the "walker" can become a "harvestor" and a "sprinter" in time to right the ship.

_ I just heard that Hundley quit the team again. _
    That's funny.

Default Re: ASU game thread

Quote Originally Posted by TuffGuy84 View Post
    we beat ASU last year, when we were playing badly, by 15 points, we're losing this year by 31, a FRICKEN 46 POINT SWING! A little drop off is one thing, but this is disgusting.

Tuffguy
    Other than the Monroe fiasco ASU is playing better this year and the difference is that all those freshmen starting last season are a year older.

Both Cajun lines though looked dreadful. 47% of the Cajun offense came on 2 plays and one would have been a tackle for loss but for the will of Des.

Default Re: Its just a fact; we suck

we arent the worse unless we lose to FIU

Default Re: ASU game thread

Quote Originally Posted by Arkstfan View Post
    _ Other than the Monroe fiasco ASU is playing better this year and the difference is that all those freshmen starting last season are a year older.

Both Cajun lines though looked dreadful. 47% of the Cajun offense came on 2 plays and one would have been a tackle for loss but for the will of Des. _
    Thats hows it has been all year for us.

Ya'll have built a solid foundation up there is Ark. and should be very proud. I look at Roberts as one of the 3 best coaches in this conference.

1) Schellenberger (Dont know if I spelled that right)
    2) Blakeney
    3) Roberts

OK teletubby. but you mention the dinasaurs surrounding the program. can we de-head one of them as a public expression of dissatisfaction? We don't have to storm the castle. We could just mount it on one of our spears outside the gate.

We will see if the "farmer" and the "walker" can become a "harvestor" and a "sprinter" in time to right the ship.
    J1M, I couldnt get myself to read any further than the part about "mounting our spears".

I found that humorous, in an odd and twisted sort of way.

L'Rontextureissoftandstickytothetouchyetpliable.

Track & Field What did you expect?

You guys are kidding, right? Do you have any idea who you play every week? This could be the best ASU team in the history of their program. What would you expect a young UL team with underpayed coaches and dwindling fan support to look like against them? When ASU plays a good game, they play well enough to defeat top 10 teams. For crying out loud, when they played Texas on Sept 1st, ASU beat them in almost every statistical category, and probably would have won if not for the bungled call by the Big 12 officiating crew.which they privately apologized for later.

Team Statistics (Final)
    ASUUT

FIRST DOWNS26.23
    Rushing.109
    Passing.11.12
    Penalty5.2
    NET YARDS RUSHING125.117
    Rushing Attempts3438
    Average Per Rush.3.73.1
    Rushing Touchdowns1.1
    Yards Gained Rushing168.150
    Yards Lost Rushing.4333
    NET YARDS PASSING.272.223
    Completions-Attempts-Int24-37-122-33-2
    Average Per Attempt.7.4.6.8
    Average Per Completion11.3.10.1
    Passing Touchdowns0.2
    TOTAL OFFENSE YARDS.397340

Default Halftime Pep Talk

When we were down at South Carolina at half we came out fighting and could have pulled an upset. When losing against Mcneese, Troy, Central Florida and Arkansas State we fizzle. What are we doing during halftime. It is Bustle's job to motivate his players during the half and I don't see it happening.

Thread Information