Page 12 of 153 FirstFirst . 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 22 . LastLast

Thread: The Book: 2007 Football

1. Ragin' Cajuns Equipment managers are vital to UL's success

They might be the hardest working people in ball business.

Don't believe it? Hey, you try fitting out a 105-man team and its periphery groups with every conceivable piece of equipment necessary to play college football, including some equipment you've never heard of or never knew was important.

The world of the equipment manager is far removed from merely throwing a helmet and a set of shoulder pads around every body. Each player's equipment is molded and adjusted for his own particular needs and functions, and all precisely governed in its use by NCAA and safety regulations.

Cleaning, sanitizing and reworking all the pads for every game is routine. Game uniforms, practice uniforms, shorts for non-contact work, all have to be clean and ready.

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

Homes SO Clean

2. Default College Colors Day means Vermilion Red

Today is UL Wear Red Day in Acadiana, and participants are invited to find a red Ragin’ Cajuns shirt (or hat, pants, etc.) in their closet and wear it in order to celebrate the positive impact the UL has had on the development of the Acadiana area.

This second annual event is being held in conjunction with College Colors Day, a national celebration of the traditions, contributions and achievements of universities across the country. To mark the event, UL is encouraging everyone to wear red to work and school today.

Businesses are once again invited to contend for bragging rights for the most employees wearing red on Friday. The contest will again be divided into categories based on a company’s overall size. Representatives of the winning companies will be invited to a home football game for an on-field presentation proclaiming them the 2007 Wear Red Champions.

TO PARTICIPATE IN THE UL CONTEST:
    Photos of participating teams will be displayed on the jumbo video screen on the scoreboard at home football games throughout the season.

To enter, submit a high-resolution, digital photograph of your entire group wearing red today, along with the total number of people in the photo and the number of employees at the business. Submissions can be sent via e-mail to WearRed@louisiana.edu

The deadline for photo entries is Sept. 7. For more information, e-mail WearRed@louisiana.edu or call 482-6397.

The rest of the story

Homes SO Clean

Default Re: USC football fans can serve up French bread, sausages and Louisiana beer

Quote Originally Posted by RaginRash View Post
    _ I tink dat the BR location of Mandina's is closed like dat. _
    Aw man, dats a hart breaka fa'shur.

Default Re: Cajun Offense Preview

That is a pretty big change on our right side. Did the pace of play cause the changes?

Default Who's carrying the game?

Does anybody know which local establishments, if any, are carrying the game against South Carolina?

UL Football Re: Who's carrying the game?

It is going to be on Channel 10 on Lafayette Cox channels, the Warner Station KLWB, 337-896-1600. I read it on Ragin Pagin and called to confirm.

IT ON TELEVISION GUYS AND GALS. So get the barbque pits smoking, slap on some meats, get some adult beverages coolings, have friends over, CAUSE COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFICALLY STARTS FOR ME.
    GEAUX CAJUNS

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: Who's carrying the game?

Quote Originally Posted by cajunproud View Post
    _ Does anybody know which local establishments, if any, are carrying the game against South Carolina? _
    I am thinking that everyone in town would have it on. Especially places like Legend's, Baja, Pete's, Wild Wings, etc. dont now for sure, but i would assume. If you give them a call today and ask around, let us know for sure. I don't ahve the numbers for most of those places in Houston, but would like to know, being as i will be in Lafayette.

8. UL Football Re: Who's carrying the game?

Does anyone know if the game is at 5pm or 6pm. I know the schedule says 6pm, but is that in South Carolina or here? Just don't want to miss it! Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DDD Cajun View Post
    _ Does anyone know if the game is at 5pm or 6pm. I know the schedule says 6pm, but is that in South Carolina or here? Just don't want to miss it! Thanks _
    Game starts 6pm UL Time and 7pm USC time

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux View Post
    I am thinking that everyone in town would have it on. Especially places like Legend's, Baja, Pete's, Wild Wings, etc. dont now for sure, but i would assume. If you give them a call today and ask around, let us know for sure. I don't ahve the numbers for most of those places in Houston, but would like to know, being as i will be in Lafayette.
    Pete's has a sign in front of their place saying they will have the game on.

UL Football Ahhh!!!

My Cajuns Are Playing Tomorrow! I Can't Believe It's Finally Here!

Default Re: Ahhh!!!

I'm excited.

13. Default Re: Ahhh!!!

I think we will surprise some people.

Default Re: Ahhh!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCherokee View Post
    _ I think we will surprise some people. _
    I think you are correct. With this new offense, we will either surprise South Carolina fans with our good play, or we will suprise some Cajun fans with how much we will struggle.

There is no middle ground with this thing.

15. Default Re: Ahhh!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HOTBOUDIN View Post
    I think you are correct. With this new offense, we will either surprise South Carolina fans with our good play, or we will suprise some Cajun fans with how much we will struggle.

There is no middle ground with this thing.
    I hope and pray it is the first and not the latter.

Page 12 of 153 FirstFirst . 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 22 . LastLast

Thread Information