Page 128 of 153 FirstFirst . 118 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 138 . LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 2293

Thread: The Book: 2007 Football

Ragin' Cajuns Re: See Mike Run: See Mike Lead the Country

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCanaille View Post
    _ Desermeaux was actaully pretty impressive Sat. They had a few drops from the receivers that would have made his passing numbers look better. Hate to talk about next year already but the receiver position (along with defense of course) needs major improvement. _
    Michael Desormeaux will be remembered as one of the most exciting players ever to wear Vermilion and Red and for that, will be remembered by his Sunbelt foes as one of the most dangerous players that they have ever played against.
    Michael is SUPERMAN and not since Tommy Casanova have I ever seen an all around player as he is. THANKS Michael.

Geaux Cajuns

Default Re: Cajun Field lights need upgrade badly

Along with lots of other items to address to become a bigger time program:

CLEAN THE BATHROOMS!

Figure out how to get 33,000 people in and out quicker. They can get 92,000 into Tiger Stadium faster than we can get 33,000 into ours. The McNeese game was a joke.

CLEAN THE STADIUM!

If we can't do these simple things to make the game experience more palatable, then we should hang it up.

Default Re: Heavy downpour with TV option keeps Fans away from Great Game.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunGuru View Post
    _ Conque was interviewed the last time we made a coaching change. So, he certainly should be interviewed. But until he wins a conference Championship in the SLC, he is not at the top of the list. He hasn't answered the question yet at UCA now that the quality of opponents have improved. _
    huh?

In their 1st season in 1-AA last year, they finished the year RANKED.

In their 1st game versus a 1-A school, ever, they DOMINATED La Tech everywhere but the scoreboard 5 weeks ago.

Anybody following the situation up there knows he is building a very good program, and it's a just a matter of time until he wins his 1st SLC championship.

If and when the time arises where we need another coach in a couple of years, passing on Conque simply because he hasn't won an SLC championship yet would be very short sighted.

Look at Steve Roberts. Arkansas State hired him after he compiled a 12-11 record at NWSt. No championships. Roberts inherited a team that had won the SLC championship 2 out of the previous 3 years, and he did nothing with it.

Yet, he gets hired by A-State and took a program that was languishing in the 1-A doldrums to a BOWL GAME 4 years later.

One last thing.

Conque sent 4 players to the NFL off of last year's team alone. The guy knows talent.

The next time we are looking for a coach, the only people that will be more qualified than this guy will be current, successful, 1-A Head Coaches, who won't be applying for the job anyway.

Default Re: See Mike Run: See Mike Lead the Country

Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    You seem surprised. He has been impressive in every game except McNeese (no one was impressive in that one).

I was thinking the same thing

Quote Originally Posted by USLJim View Post
    _ Michael Desormeaux will be remembered as one of the most exciting players ever to wear Vermilion and Red and for that, will be remembered by his Sunbelt foes as one of the most dangerous players that they have ever played against.
    Michael is SUPERMAN and not since Tommy Casanova have I ever seen an all around player as he is. THANKS Michael.

Geaux Cajuns _

He will also be remembered as having one of the worst records for a starting QB in school history.

That is a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    He will also be remembered as having one of the worst records for a starting QB in school history.

That is a shame.
    With a year and a half left in his career, I think he still has time to rack up some wins. He may not end up with such a poor record after all. Let's see how it plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    _ Holy smokes I'm excited!!!

Where they get the money from? _

Be careful. The word "refurbishing" has many different meanings to many different people.

To me, the most urgent things for Cajun Field or,

1) WASH IT

2) PAINT IT

3) MORE LIGHTING

I think these kinds of things are what Mike is talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginFan2 View Post
    _ With a year and a half left in his career, I think he still has time to rack up some wins. He may not end up with such a poor record after all. Let's see how it plays out. _

I truly hope you are right.

That is a shame.
    Well, he's 3-6 right now. But if he can turn this thing around he could be 8-7 at the end of this year. Then who knows how we'll do next year, let's say 7-5 just to be safe. I don't see 15-12 as one of the worst records in school history. Think about what we've done in the past. Who knows, if the team can play up to his potential he could technically graduate with a winning record of 17-10. That's better than a lot of past quarterbacks i would have to say.

Be careful. The word "refurbishing" has many different meanings to many different people.

To me, the most urgent things for Cajun Field or,

1) WASH IT

2) PAINT IT

3) MORE LIGHTING

I think these kinds of things are what Mike is talking about.
    Exxxxxactly.

_ He will also be remembered as having one of the worst records for a starting QB in school history.

That is a shame. _
    He keeps proving my point. He's a great athlete. Should be a halfback. Sorry but he's not a QB. I've watched the tape of the NTSU game 3 times and he's terrible at setting up to throw a pass. Even rolling out you have to plant then throw. He may have had a couple dropped, threw 2 actually great passes.

The others were either mediocre or way off the mark.

Folks, I'm not criticizing him, it's just that we need a good QB and then Des and Fenroy could probably get 150 to 175 in rushing per game plus the passing yardage a great arm could get us.

Default Re: reason why Cajuns have brighter future in football now.

Quote Originally Posted by LARaginCajun View Post
    _ A brighter future in football? Only 9,800 people at the game! That is pitiful! Lafayette and the surrounding area does not deserve to have a major college football team in this area. _
    We don't have a major college football team in this area.

Default Re: Heavy downpour with TV option keeps Fans away from Great Game.

Quote Originally Posted by BILLB View Post
    _ I think that part of the problem is that the university and the city do a poor job of marketing the athletic department in the region. I have come to town for football games, gone to check into the hotel and when I mentioned that I was in town for the football game - the manager thought that I meant that I was staying in Lafayette and driving over to the LSU game. That is just one example. I do see some billboards and hear a few radio spots when I am in town, but it seems that there is no coordinated effort to promote the school.

I have come to Lafayette and the board on Johnston St. was not lit up - that sign xould have been pushing season tickets in the middle of summer, but it sat idle the whole weekend of that trip.

I know that these are not the only problems facing UL athletics, but as an individual that is able to only attend a few games a year, these are some of the ones that have jumped out at me. _
    Not since Toby Warren was AD in the 70's when Tammierello was FB coach did we have someone who understood marketing this program. You've hit the nail on the head.

Years ago I was in a sports apparel shop at the Riverwalk in New Orleans. They had hats and jerseys etc. from practically every school in the state plus all the national biggies. There was nothing from then USL. I asked the store owner why and he said noone from USL seemed to be interested in getting their products into his store. Unreturned phone calls etc.

We have missed the boat with the lack of promoting the "Ragin Cajuns" theme.

Default SCOREBOARD Glitches

They were just terrible in the 2nd half against North Texas. I also saw a reference to Babb after a gain? Don't they update those things. Also, what's up with the scoreboard on the south end. Didn't we use it for score updates at one time

Default Re: SCOREBOARD Glitches

Lol yea once it said."Babb to the bone" That thing was going crazy Saturday.

Thread Information