Page 126 of 153 FirstFirst . 116 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 136 . LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 2293

Thread: The Book: 2007 Football

Default Re: Heavy downpour with TV option keeps Fans away from Great Game.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunGuru View Post
    _ You are correct, hiring a BCS coordinator is no longer an option for a program at our level. First, no BCS coordinator worth a dime would except a head coaching position at this level and with our budget. They are looking for either a high Mid-major postition or a BCS position. Mid-major head coaches are looking for opportunities at BCS programs, they are not interested in moving backwards. That leaves us with several options:

Option 1.) Hire a winning head coach from a top Div1AA program. He will understand the budget restraints and how to run a program as a head coach.

Option 2.) Hire a top coordinator from a High Mid-Major Program. But it will cost you more then Bustle's salary and do you have enough funds to hire a quality staff afterwords?

Option 3.) Break the bank and hire a BCS coordinator like Stokely or Bustle, with no proven head coaching experience. And no funds available to hire a quality staff.

Option 4.) Hire a BCS position coach like Dooley, with no experince on how to run a program and break the bank. And again, no funds available to hire a quality staff.

Option 5.) Hire a High School coach from a national profile school that has won championships at a high level. This is the route North Texas decided upon in hiring Dodge.

Option 6.) Leave Bustle in place for another year and hope he rights the ship in 2008. Cost, low season ticket sales and preception of the program continues downward. _

Perfect fit.

http://www.ucasports.com/sport.asp?s.bio&staffid=17

--Built a program from nothing with less resources than we have
    --From south Louisiana
    --Was the OC under Crowton at TECH.
    --Master recruiter
    --Talented public speaker

The problems are these:

1) Do you really want DOC selecting another coach?

2) DOC would never take the money from these people you mentioned.

3) Dooley at TECH makes 400k. TECH budgeted the money hoping the increase in the cap on funding would get approved. We will have to use some of the increase ourselves to fund the next HC's salary. I don't think anybody worth a darn would come for less than around 300k, including Conque.

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    _ If we fire bustle where are we gonna find another coach?

How many coaches would line up to take Bustles salary?

How much would another set of new assistants cost us?

And how many more people could we seriously expect for a whole new regime? _
    Winning = More People in stands

Bustle after 6 years = Still Losing

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    Winning = More People in stands

Bustle after 6 years = Still Losing
    Check out Utah State.
    http://media.www.utahstatesman.com/m.m-108191.shtml

they are a terrible team but play teams like Oregon

BTW they are still winless

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    _ http://www.usatoday.com/sports/graph.acts/flash.htm

I don't accept things the way that they are, I just have maintained my expectations for this year. While I think Bustle hasn't done a great job, I also don't blame him for everything that has occurred this year. I thought last year was a bigger step back than this year. I honestly expected them to have two wins right now, so I'm not fearing that the sky is falling. I fault the weather more for last weekends turnout than the program itself and while I think a coaching change would help, it isn't the answer. People will only come out and support UL if they are winning bottom line.
    These statements are EXACTLY what I am SCREAMING about. We have JUST MISSED your EXPECTATIONS Man we are 1-5. Is 2-4 the best we can hope for after 6 years???????????? The Sky IS falling and no one seems to notice In another thread there is discussion regaridng CUSA openings. The way things are we have no chance And isnt that a shame when our community and facilities and POTENTIAL dwarf programs like Tech and others mentioned

But nobody seems to notice.

"Well thats just the way things are I really didnt expect much. I'll go to the game if it is 65 degrees, sun shining and the Evil Empire in Baton Rouge is not on the tube"

And the football world passes us by. Maybe I just shouldnt care so much.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    _ Perfect fit.

http://www.ucasports.com/sport.asp?s.bio&staffid=17

--Built a program from nothing with less resources than we have
    --From south Louisiana
    --Was the OC under Crowton at TECH.
    --Master recruiter
    --Talented public speaker

The problems are these:

1) Do you really want DOC selecting another coach?

2) DOC would never take the money from these people you mentioned.

3) Dooley at TECH makes 400k. TECH budgeted the money hoping the increase in the cap on funding would get approved. We will have to use some of the increase ourselves to fund the next HC's salary. I don't think anybody worth a darn would come for less than around 300k, including Conque. _
    Conque was interviewed the last time we made a coaching change. So, he certainly should be interviewed. But until he wins a conference Championship in the SLC, he is not at the top of the list. He hasn't answered the question yet at UCA now that the quality of opponents have improved.

Default Re: why???

Quote Originally Posted by ULtimateCajun View Post
    I was flabbergasted when I walked out at halftime sat. night to see a tent full of LSU shirt wearing fans having no interest in what was going on 200 feet in the stadium and making ME feel bad for missing the "flagship schools" biggest game of the year! WTF! we are in Lafayette!
    I don't remember where I heard that people do that at the stadium and I chose not to believe it, but you just confirmed it. Really pathetic. If they want to watch the LSU game then tailgate at LSU. We don't want or need "fans"like that.

7. UL Football Opponents View: Emotional Homecoming for ASU

ON TAP: Arkansas State will play Louisiana-Lafayette Saturday in its first Sun Belt Conference game at Indian Stadium, where ASU is 2-0 this season and holds a 10-1 record over the last three seasons. Every Arkansas State game can be heard live on 95.9 FM in the Jonesboro area and the live radio broadcast can be accessed through the Arkansas State athletic web site (ASUIndians.com).

THE PRINCIPALS: Arkansas State will try to rebound from a 30-13 setback at Louisiana-Monroe in its Sun Belt Conference opener when it hosts Louisiana-Lafayette, which picked up its first league victory last Saturday with a 38-29 victory over North Texas to bring its league record to 1-1.

HEAD COACH STEVE ROBERTS: Arkansas State head coach Steve Roberts is in his sixth year at Arkansas State after leading the Indians to the 2005 Sun Belt Conference Championship and its most single-season wins over Division I-A opponents in 2006. During his first five seasons as the Indians’ head coach, he guided ASU to 26 wins for its most over a five-year span at the school since winning 33 from 1986-1990. Roberts was named the 2005 Sun Belt Conference Coach of the Year. Under Roberts, the Indians have had 44 All-Sun Belt Conference selections, a Sun Belt Conference Freshman of the Year and a SBC Offensive Player of the Year.

ROBERTS CLIMBING VICTORIES LADDER: In his first six seasons as the Indians head coach, Steve Roberts already has the fifth most victories among ASU's 26 all-time head coaches with 28 wins. Larry Lacewell (1979-89) holds the record for victories with 69 and is followed by Bennie Ellender (1963-70) with 52 wins, Bill Davidson (1971-78) with 51 and Forrest England (1946-53) with 49.

SCOUTING THE RAGIN’ CAJUNS: Louisiana-Lafayette brings a 1-5 overall record and 1-1 mark in Sun Belt Conference play into Saturday’s game after picking up its first victory of the season last Saturday against North Texas, 38-29. The Ragin’ Cajuns offense has been led by its rushing attack, currently ranked first in the Sun Belt Conference with 248.3 yards per game. The Cajuns are led in rushing by quarterback Michael Desormeaux with 110.7 yards per game and is the only quarterback ranked among the top 50 players in the nation in rushing. The Louisiana-Lafayette defense, ranked seventh in the Sun Belt Conference in total defense, is led by linebacker Brenton Burkhalter with a team-best 40 tackles to rank 14th in the league. Cornerback Jarrett Jones leads the secondary with a team-high three interceptions. The Ragin’ Cajuns return 19 starters from last year’s team that finished 6-6.

THE ARKANSAS STATE - LOUISIANA-LAFAYETTE SERIES: Louisiana-Lafayette leads the all-time series 18-16-1. The series dates back to 1953 and the two teams have split the last two meetings as ASU won 39-36 in 2005 at Indian Stadium, while Louisiana-Lafayette won 28-13 last season at Cajun Field. Seven of the last eight meetings between ASU and Louisiana-Lafayette have been decided by six points or less

The rest of the story

UL Football Cajun Field lights need upgrade badly

Does anyone else notice how poor the lighting is at Cajun Field? I mean it is bad. We have games on TV but I can't imagine you can see very well. I have a hard enough time standing on the first row in the student section. When I watch other games on TV I can see a HUGE difference in light quality. What's with this? Isn't there an NCAA regulation? We need to step it up.

UL Football Bloodletting the UL football program

Bloodletting might be what the UL program needs. It didn't work with Stokley or Baldwin but Bustle has built the program back to a point where it can afford a little boloodletting. If fans stay away the program will be deprived of the iron it needs and a change will be forced upon us.

Bloodletting a long-discredited cure may hold a promising secret. Microbiologists at the University of Chicago found that when infectious Staphylococcus aureus bacteria were deprived of the iron in red blood cells, they did not spread and cause disease in the body. http://www.boston.com/news/globe/hea./bloodletting/

10. Default Re: Bloodletting the UL football program

Chalk that up to stupid, what this program needs is a blood transfusion.

11. Default Re: Cajun Field lights need upgrade badly

Having sat on both sides, the lighting is worse from the student side.

12. Default Re: Big Play Smith just wants the "W"

Big play Smith got his wish. Me too!

UL Football Re: UL football at a "critical game" crossroads

"In each of those four seasons, it was one pivotal game that turned things around and pointed the way toward success, or made moot any positives created early in the season. Each time, UL had no idea going into that game that things were about to turn for the better . or worse."

FOR BETTER, I think UL turned the corner Saturday

14. Default Re: Cajun Field lights need upgrade badly

I know when we hosted the New Orleans Bowl we had to make some adjustments to the lighting due to ESPN mandating that a certain level of lighting was maintained for the broadcast. Now was that only temporary? I have no clue.

Default Re: Cajun Field lights need upgrade badly

I plead drunkenness in the stands! I have not really noticed but I will definitely have an eye peeled at homecoming! Thanks for the heads up!

Thread Information