Page 125 of 153 FirstFirst . 115 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 135 . LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 2293

Thread: The Book: 2007 Football

Default Re: Heavy downpour with TV option keeps Fans away from Great Game.

Quote Originally Posted by IHateLaState View Post
    uhhhhhh IF???? does the 5,000 butts last Saturday not yet convince you that we are THERE?????????
    So by your point if we fired bustle today we'd get 20,000 next home game? gimmie a break! people will only come if they perceive the cajuns as winners. I can remember last year when the started out white hot and there was a crowd at the home games. when they started losing. people quit coming.

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    _ So by your point if we fired bustle today we'd get 20,000 next home game? gimmie a break! people will only come if they perceive the cajuns as winners. I can remember last year when the started out white hot and there was a crowd at the home games. when they started losing. people quit coming. _
    Geez. you should be a politicianlol.

No firing Bustle wont guarantee 20k. Keeping him WILL insure another 10k or less.

My only hope is that someday we get some people who expect more. maybe Im a lone voice in that area

always. wait. lets wait a while longer. it could get better it might get better 6 years of waiting. ok I give up.lets wait another year.

I think that part of the problem is that the university and the city do a poor job of marketing the athletic department in the region. I have come to town for football games, gone to check into the hotel and when I mentioned that I was in town for the football game - the manager thought that I meant that I was staying in Lafayette and driving over to the LSU game. That is just one example. I do see some billboards and hear a few radio spots when I am in town, but it seems that there is no coordinated effort to promote the school.

I have come to Lafayette and the board on Johnston St. was not lit up - that sign xould have been pushing season tickets in the middle of summer, but it sat idle the whole weekend of that trip.

I know that these are not the only problems facing UL athletics, but as an individual that is able to only attend a few games a year, these are some of the ones that have jumped out at me.

_ So by your point if we fired bustle today we'd get 20,000 next home game? gimmie a break! people will only come if they perceive the cajuns as winners. I can remember last year when the started out white hot and there was a crowd at the home games. when they started losing. people quit coming. _

Ok Ill give up in a minute.lolyou really make my point. they want a winner. what gives you or me any hope that Bustle is moving us in that direction? All this "We are young wait till next year" are nothing more than words. Look at results. save one brief 6-5 and nothing but futility under his regime. and 6-5 is NOT a successful year in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by IHateLaState View Post
    Ok Ill give up in a minute.lolyou really make my point. they want a winner. what gives you or me any hope that Bustle is moving us in that direction? All this "We are young wait till next year" are nothing more than words. Look at results. save one brief 6-5 and nothing but futility under his regime. and 6-5 is NOT a successful year in my book.
    If we fire bustle where are we gonna find another coach?

How many coaches would line up to take Bustles salary?

How much would another set of new assistants cost us?

And how many more people could we seriously expect for a whole new regime?

Default Homecoming Week

Midnight Madness
    Friday, October 12 @ 10:30pm
    Blackham Coliseum

* Come out and meet the Men’s and Women’s Basketball Teams
    * Autograph signing will start at9:45pm
    * Shooting competitions, prizes, food and more

HOMECOMING 2007
    “Rockin’ with the Ragin’ Cajuns”

Saturday October 13
    •6th annual UL Triathlon 7 a.m., for more info contact 851-AQUA

Sunday October 14
    •11 a.m. Homecoming Mass, Our Lady of Wisdom
    •5 p.m.-6p.m. Spirit Display Set-up, Library

Monday October 15
    •11 a.m.-1 p.m. Spirit Spot: GALLAGHER’S, order the Ragin’ Cajun Lunch Special and receive 2 free tickets
    •11:45 a.m. Cake Giveaway & Spirit Banner signing, Union Porch
    •2 p.m. - 4 p.m. Faculty Door Decorating contest
    •2 p.m. Residence Hall Banner contest
    •5 p.m. Kick Off Party, Alumni Center
    •7 p.m. Cajun Karaoke, Student Union Ballroom

Tuesday October 16
    •11 a.m.-1 p.m. Spirit Spot WOW
    •5 p.m. Car Rally, Student Union Ballroom
    •8 p.m. Drive In Movie, Cajun Field showing School of Rock

Wednesday October 17
    •11 a.m. Wear Red Get Fed, Quad
    •7 p.m. Yell Like Hell, Blackham Coliseum

Thursday October 18
    •10 a.m. - 12 noon Cajuns Can Care, Alumni Center Drop Off
    •7 p.m. N.P.H.C. Step Show, Student Union Ballroom

Friday October 19
    •Spirit Day, Wear RED
    •7:30 p.m. Homecoming Concert featuring the University Wind Ensemble, Angelle Hall (free)

Saturday October 20
    •10 a.m. Homecoming Parade Cajun Field to Alumni Center
    •1 p.m.-3 p.m. tailgating at the UPC tent (free with i.d.)
    •4 p.m. RAGIN’ CAJUNS vs. FLORIDA ATLANTIC (free with i.d.)

_ If we fire bustle where are we gonna find another coach?

How many coaches would line up to take Bustles salary?

How much would another set of new assistants cost us?

And how many more people could we seriously expect for a whole new regime? _
    Oh well. guess we have no chance. Just give up. quit. accept losing as a trend.

I dont know who? I dont know how much. But there are what?? 165 of these jobs out there?? You set up a search committee and select the best choice available at your price. Just as we did with Coach Bustle. If it doesnt work you try again but geez. you dont ACCEPT losing and dwindling support.

How many coaches will line up for the job?? Lot's maybe not BCS coordinators but actually our history with those types has not been good anyway Those guys are used to big budgets flying around in private jets to recruit. but there is a whole other market of guys. 1-AA head coaches who want to move up Mid-major assistants who would love the opportunity.

How much would new assitants cost??? I dont know. If we cant pay the hell. lets just quit football. under your way of thinking we have no hope anyway do we.

I really cant believe you accept things the way they are.

Default Re: Homecoming Week

It would be nice if the Blackham sign would state that, instead of BAD CHAD boxing June 16th. Isn't this October????

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/graph.acts/flash.htm

Handy little tool shows you all the college coaches, salaries and contracts. I don't accept things the way that they are, I just have maintained my expectations for this year. While I think Bustle hasn't done a great job, I also don't blame him for everything that has occurred this year. I thought last year was a bigger step back than this year. I honestly expected them to have two wins right now, so I'm not fearing that the sky is falling. I fault the weather more for last weekends turnout than the program itself and while I think a coaching change would help, it isn't the answer. People will only come out and support UL if they are winning bottom line.

The saints are a perfect example of support only while winning. They might be the only NFL team to have a banner for season ticket sellouts, while Green Bay has had a waiting list forever.

Default Re: Louisiana at ASU Saturday

As Alvin Mack(56) would say in the movie THE PROGRAM "Best thing is when you hit a guy, no its killing him, But you feel great, its just him and you, and hes the one thats hurt."
    KILL EVERYBODY
    Lets play with more intensity!

Thanks for the list of events!

Anyone going to Midnight Madness? There is a good possibility that I will be there. For some reason, I missed the event last year. But they have been fun in the past.

Default Re: Louisiana at ASU Saturday

UL getting 8.5 points

We're also having a 5K run at 8AM on Saturday the 20th. This will start near the Alumni Center. Contact the alumni Association for info.

14. UL Basketball Re: Homecoming Week

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun08 View Post
    _ Thanks for the list of events!

Anyone going to Midnight Madness? There is a good possibility that I will be there. For some reason, I missed the event last year. But they have been fun in the past. _
    LOL at least you are honest. I hope no one posts how much fun they had last year . . . . since there was none.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    _ LOL at least you are honest. I hope no one posts how much fun they had last year . . . . since there was none. _
    what exactly goes on at midnight madness. is it a scrimmage or what?

Thread Information