Page 123 of 153 FirstFirst . 113 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 133 . LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 2293

Thread: The Book: 2007 Football

Default Re: Heavy downpour with TV option keeps Fans away from Great Game.

I vote for looking at the program at the end of the year or better yet Setup a Meeting for review with parties involved the last week in October our Off week at that point the Cajuns will be 1-7 2-6 3-5. Of course 3-5 we know what happens at 1-7 we know what should happen. The only thing that gets me is this program has Freshman and Sophmores playing the cleats off of Juniors and Seniors.

I can see this team playing well in Arkansas and stealing one 2-5, Coming home for a tough win against FAU 3-5, Tenn yeah right I don't drink that Kool Aid, 3-6 MTSU falling to 3-7 FIU no question 4-7 and end up ruining somebody's party with a win to end up 4-8.

2. UL Football Re: Congratulations Cajuns

Quote Originally Posted by TuffGuy84 View Post
    . . . I thought there were more than enough positives to outweigh the negatives.

For instance,
    +2 in turnovers
    We won the second half for the second week in a row
    We won without Wallace and with fenroy at about 70%
    We won without both of our Starting tackles out (and both new guys came into their own in the second half)
    Defense held 3rd and long conversions to a minimum vs a team that specialized to convert those types of plays.
    and biggest player of the game, Dez gets 2 with his feet, and 2 with his hands.

With this being a win, I'll let the coaches take care of pointing out the mistakes.

Tuffguy _
    Great post

3. Ragin' Cajuns Re: Congratulations Cajuns

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    We Are Not 5 And 1.we Are 1 And 5 Big Difference.

Yeah. I didn't catch that until today.

I'm a slow one.

4. Ragin' Cajuns Re: Different announcer at the football game last night

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    He has always done this.even back during the ice gator games. Maybe if the cajun fans would get off their hands or do something creative like turn their backs, read the newspaper etc etc. then it would mean something.
    See, we (the basketball band) do that when the other team is being announced at Cajuns b-ball games. We turn our backs and read a newspaper. We used to boo, but they won't let us do that anymore. Its a matter of time before we can't turn our backs etc.

5. Default Re: Kyle Pirtle out for season

Get well soon KP

6. Default Re: reason why Cajuns have brighter future in football now.

Right on MC!

Default Re: reason why Cajuns have brighter future in football now.

Quote Originally Posted by LARaginCajun View Post
    _ A brighter future in football? Only 9,800 people at the game! That is pitiful! Lafayette and the surrounding area does not deserve to have a major college football team in this area. _
    Lafayette tends to get bored with EVERYTHING. It is terrible that we have 500,000 people in a 30 mile radius and we get 2% in the stands. With that said, I am ok with that, the 9,800 people are TRUE fans, I have to tell you that when we got the first INT, It was so loud I was shocked, sounded like 20,000 to me.

Yo. Is this the same Miami who a couple of months ago was saying the sunbelt sucked and coach Lee was headed in the wrong direction? If this is the same MC what happened? Have you been breaking into my Koolaid stash. I had an emergency stash that seemed to be running low. I don't really mind though. Welcome to the Club. And if we run out, we got Domefoam right around the corner. If you happen to be in town whenever I can free myself I will buy you a couple.

Default Re: Heavy downpour and TV coverage keeps fans away (Thread split)

Quote Originally Posted by CajunGuru View Post
    _ Rest assured, the money is available to buy Bustle out. The question remains, do these individuals believe that this administration will take action? David Walker has not been approached by these people yet, so lets see what happens by the end of football season. _
    You know I think the money is there also. but they need a vision. someone to tell them by spending that money something is going to change. That an agressive approach will be forthcoming Im serious about the type of announcement I proferred come out and state publically that we are the #2 university in this state. that we are going to act like it. that we will pay homage if need be to the Grand Dragon in BR but we want them to not hinder our attempts any further Call them out in the public. then go after the other state schools who suffer from the funding issues like we do. Show some $#@# leadership.

Quit accepting that "We cant do nutin cause poor ole us dont have no monies"

oh well. when does baseball start???? lol

Quote Originally Posted by MiamiCajun32 View Post
    sunbelt going 4-3 v Conference USA last year
    this year:
    ark st. beating memphis
    Middle Tenn hanging tough with Virginia and Louisville
    FAU beating Minnesotta and hanging tough with South Florida
    Troy hanging tough with UF and destroying Oklahoma St.
    Cajuns hanging tough with South Carolina

Finally, the Cajuns are in a football conference that is not completely uncompetitive on the national scene. Seems like sunbelt will only get better because recruits will likely prefer to play in south than in northern schools, if they have choice between WAC, MAC, and Sunbelt teams, and they don't have ties to a particular area. Sunbelt is flat outplaying CUSA the past two years.

Troy blew out Rice last year. This year, Troy could blow out any team in the CUSA on a given day. Cajuns beat Houston last year, but were not even a top 2 sunbelt team.

The only way Cajuns are going to have a chance to become a Southern Miss type program over the next decade is a) have great coaching, and b) be in a conference that recruits can be excited about playing in.

When N. Texas was winning the sunbelt by default in its first several years, the sunbelt was just awful and no team in the sunbelt was well positioned for the future.

Now all the sunbelt teams have a better future, as long as the conference as a whole keeps showing this remarkable improvement. Just two years ago, the modest achievements listed above would have been unbelievable and unnatainable.

I would rather the Cajuns struggle a bit in a much improved sunbelt than win the conference by default, as N. Texas was doing.

This Cajuns team is probably as good as those champion N. Texas teams, but the problem is the sunbelt is a lot better. That is a good problem.

Yes, it sucks to be 1-5, but it is better to know that there are no easy games left on the sunbelt schedule than to think that Cajuns can likely roll to a .500 record now that sunbelt play has started.
    Good points and something bright to pull out of another bad season. It makes me feel a little better. Well just a little. Keeping the faith.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeaux View Post
    Yo. Is this the same Miami who a couple of months ago was saying the sunbelt sucked and coach Lee was headed in the wrong direction? If this is the same MC what happened? Have you been breaking into my Koolaid stash. I had an emergency stash that seemed to be running low. I don't really mind though. Welcome to the Club. And if we run out, we got Domefoam right around the corner. If you happen to be in town whenever I can free myself I will buy you a couple.
    I think we have all been shaking our heads since McNeese. MC found something positive and I appreciate it.

Default Re: Heavy downpour with TV option keeps Fans away from Great Game.

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    _ If/when attendance falls to unacceptable levels next year you can pull the plug on bustle.

uhhhhhh IF???? does the 5,000 butts last Saturday not yet convince you that we are THERE?????????

13. UL Football Re: Heavy downpour with TV option keeps Fans away from Great Game.

a good example of how lafayette should be is in Huntington, WV for Marshall Universitytheir team isnt doing to well to how it did and they still have just as many fans if not more.sometimes its almost if lafayette doesnt care that a college football game going on

14. UL Football Re: Player of the game

Des was def. the player of the game in my book.but so many more people deserve recognition like drew e. and fenroy and the two new starting tackles and of course the whole defense

Appreciate every support we can get right now. Seems like every time we get something going we shot ourselves in the foot and it snowballs from there. I don't know.it's like we got our own little curse like the Cubs have in baseball. Did someone try to bring a pet gator into cajunfield and get turned away like that goat in Chicago? Hope not. Myself I think most of it is mental. Maybe a good psychologist could volunteer their services.

Well we got one win under our belt. Glad to see the guys still giving it their all. I'm not that superstitious, but please no more 0-12 polls. Just seems like a self fulfilling prophecy. I see it every night. If you think you are gonna lose its bound to happen.

Thread Information