Page 120 of 153 FirstFirst . 110 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 130 . LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 2293

Thread: The Book: 2007 Football

Default Re: 3-3-5

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun08 View Post
    I would assume that the defensive adjustment was due to the North Texas passing game. I just wish we would have blitzed more from that formation. It seamed like every time that we blitzed a safety, he was all over the North Texas QB (Vizza).
    The 3-3-5 defense was used against Troy and UCF. It will be used most of the rest of the year. One of the 5 DB's usually moves up to really make ti a 3-4.

We have gone to this defense because the coaches believe it fits our personnel better.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    _ The 3-3-5 defense was used against Troy and UCF. It will be used most of the rest of the year. One of the 5 DB's usually moves up to really make ti a 3-4.

We have gone to this defense because the coaches believe it fits our personnel better. _
    I dont remember the 3-3-5 used much against Troy. But, I am trying to forget about the previous home games as much as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    _ The 3-3-5 defense was used against Troy and UCF. It will be used most of the rest of the year. One of the 5 DB's usually moves up to really make ti a 3-4.

We have gone to this defense because the coaches believe it fits our personnel better. _
    Thanks!!!

Default Re: Congratulations Cajuns

We Are Not 5 And 1.we Are 1 And 5 Big Difference.

Default Re: Congratulations Cajuns

Just give us a night to be happy before the BS starts again. Thanks

Default Re: Kyle Pirtle out for season

Quote Originally Posted by campo118 View Post
    _ I saw him just yesterday and he seemed fine. He is not dressing this week, the injury is bad enough for that, but I've talked to people close to the football team and everyone I've asked said hes NOT out for the season. My sources against yours. Not saying I'm right, not saying ya'll are right. just saying its hear-say speculation right now. _
    I had heard the bad news the day after from one of the coaches.I spoke to Kyle Saturday before the N Texas game.he was on crutches in the locker room.I asked him about the injury.he told me he was out for the season, but with rehabilitation would be back in the spring. I thought this was great news, considering the first news I had that he may have had a career ending injury. AndI'm glad we are not in the business of 'one upping' each other on this site.its great to know we share info as best we can.and we are all just hoping the best for the kids who give it their all for the Cajuns. I was pumped after talking with Kyle. He's a great kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    _ GET WELL SOON KYLE!!! This is a bad blow, we appreciate everything you have done . . . so far.

A couple years ao I was lamenting the lack of knee braces for the players.

Now they have them and they are not cheap. But and however . . .

I was talking someone after the game and he heard the knee brace helped one ligament but it might have contributed to the damage in the rest of the knee.

Can anyone confirm or deny that possibility? _
    Sounds like speculation along the lines of "Had she been wearing a seat belt, she would have died." These sort of case-specific judgments that aren't tested for validity are getting pretty common. My observation is that these braces are growing in popularity among o-lineman, and there seem to be less injuries. Probably not enough data yet to draw a conclusion. I hope Pirtle's injury turns out to be not too serious.

UL Football Player of the game

My vote for Player of the Game is a bit of a suprise.

While Desmo and Fenroy had good offensive numbers, it was a special teams guy who stepped up. Drew Edminston was 5/5 on PAT's and 1/1 in FG's. If he misses just 1 PAT, the lead shrinks to 8 and makes it a one possession game. Each time we scored, his PAT was critical as each successful PAT made it a 2 possession game.

Glad to have win #1 under the belt.let's beat those injuns in Jonesboro this Saturday!

9. Default Re: Congratulations Cajuns

Quote Originally Posted by MissingMandy View Post
    _ Just give us a night to be happy before the BS starts again. Thanks _
    Atta girl MM!!!

The Krewe rocked before and after the game. Before the game the Mean Green cheerleaders came over, and were treated to some Cajun hospitality and food. We even had them dancing to the Roostah tune.

It was a great night. Not a perfect game, but the guys played hard. Can't ask for more than that, especially when you get a win.

When are you going to make another game?

10. Default Re: Different announcer at the football game last night

Quote Originally Posted by USLJim View Post
    _
    >>One good thing, Bitter is not annoucning, a slaughterer of the English Language. There I finally got it off my chest and said it. <<<
    Geaux Cajuns _
    That is hilarious Jim!!!

Default NT Game Thoughts

Well, I guess you can say that I'm in the minority when I say that I didnt see alot bad. The only true negative I saw last night was the inability to convert turnovers into points, but here are some that I thought was neat.

first, Oline play is still rough, but after the first quarter they started to Gel and it seemed like some things are just starting to click now. WR's dropped alot, but I think the slick ball helped that out as well. Fenroys still not 100%, and that was apparent with only 7 carries, the odd part is he had 123 yards on those 7 carries. Next week with a dry ball and a healthy Fenroy, things will look even better.

On Defense.wow, can we keep the 3 man front thing. Seriously, take away a fumble that popped into the endzone (which, I dont know, last I checked, an offense could not advance a fumble) and the pop up off the defensive backs hands, and we hold them to the neighborhood or 20 points. We didnt sack Vizza alot, but man did we pop that guy. There wasn't a single drive that I can remember where he didnt get hit atleast once. Also, almost forgot to mention that we seemed to slow a potent offense. People would point to the turnovers as the ends of the drives, but you can take 2 of those turnovers away because they came on fourth downs, so the defense was acctually stopping them.

I'm happy with the win, not satisfied yet with where we are, but a win starts the wheels of change.

Simply put, Congrats to the guys on the win, keep up the intensity.I saw it this week.

Tuffguy

Default Re: NT Game Thoughts

Oh yea, one more thing I thought about. Everyones worried about negatives, but also remember that we won the second half for the second game in a row. Atleast we're not just a first half team anymore.

Tuffguy

Default Re: Player of the game

And he and Ortego helped us in the field position battle. Instead of trying all that direction crap and kicking away we just kicked the ball as deep as possible on KO and our coverage guys did a pretty good job. Ortego had some decent punts also so that NT didn't play o a short field all night as had been the case in past games.

The majority opinion must be that they are worthwhile because you continue to see so many wearing them. In some games on TV last week I noticed a number of guys were wearing a similar version for their elbow.

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: Player of the game

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel02 View Post
    _ My vote for Player of the Game is a bit of a suprise.

While Desmo and Fenroy had good offensive numbers, it was a special teams guy who stepped up. Drew Edminston was 5/5 on PAT's and 1/1 in FG's. If he misses just 1 PAT, the lead shrinks to 8 and makes it a one possession game. Each time we scored, his PAT was critical as each successful PAT made it a 2 possession game.

Glad to have win #1 under the belt.let's beat those injuns in Jonesboro this Saturday! _
    It may be kinda cliche' or whatever, but I think that if this award goes to anyone, it goes to everyone. The entire team played this week. Not one facet of the game failed at any point. they never let NT really get back in the game by giving up consecutive scores. They never let a turnover or a big play get them down. They didn't mail it in at halftime. I'm sure that we'd have all liked to see them blow this team out, but I'm very satisfied with this team playing an entire game, with stability and consistency.

Thread Information