Page 119 of 153 FirstFirst . 109 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 129 . LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 2293

Thread: The Book: 2007 Football

Track & Field Rain before kickoff?

Guys, you have to be a little more realistic about this, there should have been and probably was a Tornado warning 30 minutes or so before kickoff. I saw a short chic literally lifted into the air as she tried to hold a tent down. This was not a drizzle.

The fans that were there should have either been issued medals for their valor in going above and beyond their duty, or had their life insurance premiums raised for participating in high risk activities :-)

Default Re: Money must not be a factor

I didn't go last night sorry I am a fair weather fan at least I am not a fair whether fan. Now then to answer your question, I had the same beef at my last home game and was told they are high bid contractors and UL has no say in there staying open. I took that to mean they could not show up to a game and UL could do squat.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Different announcer at the football game last night

Quote Originally Posted by RAGINCAJUN98 View Post
    _ Do we have a new announcer, or was that one game only? _
    Regardless of who annouces the game, I don't particularly care for the dramatics, I don't need someone to try and get me excited or be a cheerleader of the PA, I don't care for the DJ type of announcing by either guy.
    Just give me plain old professional annoucing and pronouce your words properly and distincly so we can understand you.
    Don't try and get us to cheer when the UL Band is playing.
    One good thing, Bitter is not annoucning, a slaughterer of the English Language. There I finally got it off my chest and said it.
    Geaux Cajuns

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCall View Post
    _ I had the same beef at my last home game and was told they are high bid contractors and UL has no say in there staying open.
    Who told you that?

and

Who won the bid?

5. Default Re: Rain before kickoff?

Quote Originally Posted by drumroll View Post
    _ Guys, you have to be a little more realistic about this, there should have been and probably was a Tornado warning 30 minutes or so before kickoff. I saw a short chic literally lifted into the air as she tried to hold a tent down. This was not a drizzle.

The fans that were there should have either been issued medals for their valor in going above and beyond their duty, or had their life insurance premiums raised for participating in high risk activities :-) _
    You are right. If the rain had happened durng the game, it would have been stopped.

Of course if that had happened UL would have won 34-0 like they did Bustle's 1st year when the UAB game was halted.

I will say this, I will take a win and a small crowd, any day over a big crowd and a loss.

Geaux Cajuns

Quote Originally Posted by Pirogue View Post
    _ Who told you that?

and

Who won the bid? _
    Can't tell you who or whom. The exact quote was "It's bidden out, it's out of our control."

7. Default Re: 3-3-5

I would imagine the defensive alignment had something to do UNT passing for over 600 yards the week before. That and the fact that their 600+ was not a fluke for them just a season high.

I don't see this being the norm unless we face another pass happy team. For instance it would be crazy to use it against Arkansas State since they run so well.

jmueo (just my un educated opinion)

Default Re: Different announcer at the football game last night

I agree w/ USLJIM, but the thing i dislike the most is the Homer Simpson crap at the baseball games. That annoys me. I wish he could just announce the games. Congrats on your award though.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCall View Post
    _ Can't tell you who or whom. The exact quote was "It's bidden out, it's out of our control." _
    I think its the caterering company that has all the UL business - Sodexco or some such.

Default Re: Desormeaux leaps Cajuns to first win

Quote Originally Posted by DestinCajun View Post
    _ "he through it"

Keep throughing it, Dez, keep throughing it!

_
    Is this guy in the same spelling class as express? lol j/k

I almost thoughed up when I read that!

Default Re: Desormeaux leaps Cajuns to first win

I'm not sure if this was the same reporter but the DA had a summary of the STM game and stated that after scoring a touchdown the "field goal" (normally refered to as the PAT) was blocked so the score was 7-6. They need to give the food critic a lesson in basic football before letting him cover sports.

I notice that some people go through life just LOOKING for things to be negative about. With all the struggles we've been having. you know, trying to win the game and all. I thought that would be enough for our fans. But then there are some who think what happens at the concession stands is more important.

Go figure.

Default Re: Congratulations Cajuns

Congrats to the Players, Coaches, and Staff. Nice win.

Geaux UL!

Default Re: Different announcer at the football game last night

Quote Originally Posted by Pirogue View Post
    _ UUUUUUUHHHHH
    Call me superstitious [sp?] but we won last nighht right?

different announcer different result????

_
    My uncle was at the UL Soccer game Friday night and spoke to TD about that exact senario. TD said jokingly that he might be out of a job if UL won.

Default Re: 3-3-5

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    _ Hey guys i am not in the know about this and was wondering if anyone else knew. did we go to the 3-3-5 defense this week because of the offense North Texas runs r will this be soemthing we will be seeing the rest of the year. I like the defense a lot becuase you dont see it often. _
    I would assume that the defensive adjustment was due to the North Texas passing game. I just wish we would have blitzed more from that formation. It seamed like every time that we blitzed a safety, he was all over the North Texas QB (Vizza).

Thread Information