Page 118 of 153 FirstFirst ... 108 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 128 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 2293

Thread: The Book: 2007 Football

1. Default Re: Heavy downpour and TV coverage keeps fans away (Thread split)

Paid attendance 9464

This is where a season ticket drive would really pay dividends.

This is so COOL Re: reason why Cajuns have brighter future in football now...

Well put... I think every game from here out will be hard fought... If O keeps putting up the big numbers and claiming a bigger piece of the time clock pie and if D can continue to apply pressure on the opposing QB for four quarters...we've a shot at enjoying more success this season!!! (Notice that I didn't mention the secondary...I'm not going there as I'm just getting over that migraine.) Congrats to the D line for forcing several incerceptions and applying pressure that we've been pleading for all season (inspite of the officiating turning a blind eye to holding that my 2 year old was calling). They also made several stops on 3rd and 4 th downs. They weren't perfect by a long shot, but much improved over previous weeks...even with the opponents big offensive numbers. Congrats on the improvement boys and thanks for the effort in getting to the QB!!!!

3. UL Football Re: Kyle Pirtle out for season....

GET WELL SOON KYLE!!! This is a bad blow, we appreciate everything you have done . . . so far.

A couple years ao I was lamenting the lack of knee braces for the players.

Now they have them and they are not cheap. But and however . . .

I was talking someone after the game and he heard the knee brace helped one ligament but it might have contributed to the damage in the rest of the knee.

Can anyone confirm or deny that possibility?

This is so COOL Re: Heavy downpour and TV coverage keeps fans away (Thread split)

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    _ Paid attendance 9464

This is where a season ticket drive would really pay dividends. _
    I spoke with ladies at the gate who told me that several people showed up alone but had multiple season tickets torn to raise the head count. I know many people who stayed home to catch the game and that other game on the tube. I think weather, competing game markets and frustration from previous games all contributed. I was very disappointed in the student section which had almost as many green shirts as red shirts. Last night was obviously our best chance for a first win...I wouldn't have missed it due to weather, opposing game markets or past frustrations.

I'll see you at the SWAMP for HOMECOMING!!!
    GEAUX CAJUNS!!!!

Default Re: reason why Cajuns have brighter future in football now...

A brighter future in football? Only 9,800 people at the game! That is pitiful! Lafayette and the surrounding area does not deserve to have a major college football team in this area.

Default Re: reason why Cajuns have brighter future in football now...

Pitiful attendance,I was there, there no way there were 9,800 fans there, paid possibly -- IMO less than 5k.

Default Re: Different announcer at the football game last night

Quote Originally Posted by Cayenne Eyeman View Post
    _ Attaboy T.D. Great work on and off of the field!!! _

UUUUUUUHHHHH
    Call me superstitious [sp?] but we won last nighht right?

different announcer.... different result????

8. UL Football Re: Desormeaux is getting the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Passing and rushing combined Desormeaux personally accounts for 1285 yards on the season, 257 per game. Through the toughest part of the UL schedule he is on pace (12 games) to contribute 3084 yards towards the teams success.
    Sorry to quote my own post but hey 264 yards by Desormeaux last night (150 rushing 114 passing) was typical Desormeaux.

Now Mike is personally accounting for 1549 yards on the season, 258 per game. He's on pace to contribute 3098 yards towards the teams success.

Of course he would say the teams success is all that matters.
    "It's exciting any time your win," Desormeaux said. "The past five weeks I've figured out that playing amazing and still losing doesn't feel great. It feels amazing to help your guys win."
    ps Thanks for the 4 TD's Mike

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by Pirogue View Post
    _ UUUUUUUHHHHH

_
    TD annoys me.

"Let 'em hear you Cowboy fans!"????

What a clown.

Default Re: Desormeaux leaps Cajuns to first win

"he through it"

Keep throughing it, Dez, keep throughing it!

Quote Originally Posted by Pirogue View Post
    _ UUUUUUUHHHHH

_
    May be we can find a couple of more festivals for him to attend - permanently?!?!

Default Money must not be a factor

I guess our money's no good here huh?? I guess this University and our beloved college football team don't need our money as much as we think.....Our coaching staff begs and begs each year for more donations....they try to hold auctions and lunches, but we still don't get enough money. It's extremely hard for me to believe that we need that much money when you close the damn concession stands in the middle of the 3rd quarter!!! Sure, sure, it may have only been a $500-$1,000 that we may have lost but that adds up! This stadium is never prepared for anything. It's like a pop warner game at a local highschool on Saturday morning. When McNeese came in........most people missed half the game b/c there wasn't enough people working the concessons and they were running out of everything! You know what....Chris the "cotton-candy" guy never runs out of cotton candy or candy apples and all he has is a little kindergarten booksack that he carries this stuff in! We have over 10 concession stands and we run out of ice!!! Just something to chew on. LEAVE THE CONCESSIONS OPEN ALL GAME PLEASE

Default Re: Desormeaux leaps Cajuns to first win

Threaux Baby Threaux

Default 3-3-5

Hey guys i am not in the know about this and was wondering if anyone else knew... did we go to the 3-3-5 defense this week because of the offense North Texas runs r will this be soemthing we will be seeing the rest of the year. I like the defense a lot becuase you dont see it often.

You guys are merciless. Beat a guy while he is up why don't you.

Page 118 of 153 FirstFirst ... 108 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 128 ... LastLast

Thread Information