Page 115 of 153 FirstFirst . 105 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 125 . LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 2293

Thread: The Book: 2007 Football

Default Re: Not easy being green at UNT

RAGIN CAJUNS GO UL

Default Re: Follow the money

I agree totally.

I can remember UMass coming here to play basketball when they were #1 in the country. ULL needs to get bigger named opponents if not every other year. every third year.

Default Out of my football funk!

Between the Cajuns and the Saints I've been a football funk. I was wishing the season would get over ASAP! There is still a lot of football to be played. Perhaps both teams can get it going. However this weekend is the time. I would hate to come up goose eggs again this Monday. Cajuns you guys have the people and the potential to be up on UNT. Go out and do it!

Default Kyle Pirtle out for season

Kyle blew out a knee in practice, may be out of football from what I'm told. Pretty bad ligament damage. Bad news for Kyle.best of luck to this young man.

Default Re: Out of my football funk!

If it helps.remember every time you watch Fenroy carry the ball you are watching the greatest running back in school history.

Hey, it's something!

Default Re: Kyle Pirtle out for season

BAD news

Hope he is able to recover.

Default Re: Kyle Pirtle out for season

Quote Originally Posted by BTG View Post
    Kyle blew out a knee in practice, may be out of football from what I'm told. Pretty bad ligament damage. Bad news for Kyle.best of luck to this young man.
    Man, what awful news! Best of luck to Pirtle.

L'te'

UL Football Re: Kyle Pirtle out for season

That sucks!

9. UL Football Re: It's year six people

Quote Originally Posted by LsuULfan View Post
    On Bustle, I don't think he has done that bad a job-I just think UL is in a very tough situation trying to develop a midmajor Sunbelt program. _
    I agree with the task angle.

Of course if this 4 year recruiting to results table had any validity at all, LSU would be contending for a national championship this year.
    Recruiting
    Year
    Recruiting pitchSenior
    Year
    4 Years Later.
    2001-02Late start . . . "You guys have a unique opportunity to come in and play right away and build a program from the ground up. 2005Co Champs
    2002-03"Yeah we lost in year 1 but you guys have a unique opportunity to come in and play right away and build a program from the ground up. 20061 loss more than conference championship year.
    2003-04"True we have lost both of our first 2 years, but we have improved our win totals each of the last 2 years. Come be a part of something good. We will be getting an indoor practice facility.2007Between
    0-12 and 7-5
    2004-05Improvement in wins! This is our 4th year, we are going to win come be a part of something good. We will be getting an indoor practice facility2008Co-champ recruiting class turns upper classman
    2005-06We were conference champions this past season. This is just the beginning. Come play at UL and you will not be sorry.We will be getting an indoor practice facility2009Expect to see the full results of a recruiting class signed after the co-champ year.
    2006-07We were conference champions 2 years ago and were OH so close this past season We have a new OC and DC and the new practice facility wil be ready for you your freshman year. Come play at UL and you will leave a winner.2010???

Ragin' Cajuns Re: It's year six people

Quote Originally Posted by RaginFan2 View Post
    _ Well said, SLC. That's why I said we are on the cusp in another thread. I agree that next year is the telling year for Bustle. If next year is anything like this year has started, maybe it will be time for a regime change. Even though he has had 6 years, I don't think Bustle came into a rebuilding situation. It was a BUILDING situation. I have seen signs that this team is close to having success. During the last staff's era, it really was a feeling of hopelessness. This year has been filled with disappointment and frustration but not hopelessness. _
    I can remember fans saying this same thing last year and the year before that!When is enough , enough? It is time to start producing wins!

Default Re: It's year six people

I think that the overriding gripe is that we have never "come around" - it is always a wait and see what happens next year. 20 or so years is a long time to wait, a long time to suffer. Job we are not (old testament reference) I am frustrated, and when frustrated, we all tend not to hope. We want to hope for a winning team, the coaches want a winning team, the players want a winning team. Nobody is choosing to lose football games. Frustration and despair are our opponents at this time and they have momentum on their side. It is hard not to just give up. I don't know enough about football to call for the coaches heads. I don't know enough about politics to pick a leader who deserves to be blamed. I just want us to win some games. Giving up now is easy. Sticking in, hopeful, faithful, determined: I am throwing my lot in with those who choose that route, and when, and I do mean WHEN, UL "comes around", I will be able to say I stuck to my guns, weathered the storm, hated it all the way, _____ed and moaned with the worst of them, but when it came down to brass tacks, I occupied my reserved seats EVERY game and cheered the WHOLE blasted time (leaving early is for wussies). I just hope I am young enough to enjoy it for a while before I take a dirt nap.

12. UL Football Defending the Home Turf

No Rickey Bustle team has ever had a losing record at home.

UL's 1st last chance to defend the streak begins tonight.

At The Swamp.

6 pm

13. UL Football Winless or Not? That is the Question!

LOUISIANA - One team will still have a future in the Sun Belt Conference football race after tonight's UL-North Texas game. The other is virtually out of that chase and will still hold membership in an ignominious group.

The Ragin' Cajuns take an 0-5 record into tonight's 6 p.m. game against the 0-4 Mean Green, and both are 0-1 in Sun Belt play. Only once before in the brief history of the league has a team with two losses managed a share of the league title, that coming in 2005 when UL, UL Monroe and Arkansas State all tied for the crown.

"It's a key game for both sides because we haven't won a game," said Cajun coach Rickey Bustle. "For us, we've had four games where we were the underdogs and we haven't been able to pull off the upset.

"Our approach now is about us. We're not worried about who we're playing. We'll see if that approach works on Saturday."

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

14. UL Football Opponents View: UNT Looking for first Victory vs UL

At times, it seems like everything that could go wrong for North Texas has in the first four games of the season.

UNT had two punts blocked in a game against Florida Atlantic, gave up a touchdown just two plays after being flagged for having too many men on the field for a punt against Arkansas, and gave up a school record 79 points in a loss to powerhouse Oklahoma.

At this point, UNT head coach Todd Dodge believes there is only one way to get over that string of disappointments – find a way to finally break through for a win. The Mean Green’s next – and possibly best -- opportunity yet will come today at Louisiana-Lafayette in a battle of two winless teams.

UNT comes into the game at 0-4, while ULL has gotten off to an even worse start at 0-5.

"A win would help from the standpoint that your meetings seem a little better, your food seems to taste a little better, your life seems to be a little better," Dodge said. "It's a little bit easier to motivate a football team. That first win is very important to get rolling and to validate some of the things that we are talking to our players about and validate the improvement that needs to happen, because we are not going to win until the improvement happens. I am very confident that it can and will."

UNT has enjoyed flashes of solid play at times only to see opportunities for wins slip away.

Junior quarterback Daniel Meager threw for a school record 601 yards in a loss to SMU, while running back Jamario Thomas posted 117 yards in a loss to Florida Atlantic. The Mean Green's defense also had its best day of the season against the Owls, limiting FAU to 406 yards.

The rest of the story

By Brett Vito
    www.dentonrc.com

15. Ragin' Cajuns Re: Defending the Home Turf

Go Cajuns!!! I'll be there and I hope a lot of other fans will be too.

Thread Information