Page 112 of 153 FirstFirst . 102 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 122 . LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 2293

Thread: The Book: 2007 Football

1. UL Football Official Louisiana Injury Report (week of UNT game)

(as of Wednesday, October 3, 2007)

2. Seth Adams, DL (groin – probable)
  3. Kevin Belton, TE (calf – probable)
  4. Brad Bustle, OL (knee – probable)
  5. Tyrell Fenroy, RB (ankle – probable, upgraded from out)
  6. Chris Fisher, OL (knee – probable, upgraded from out)
  7. Eric Jones, TE (knee – out)
  8. Jarrett Jones, CB (ankle –probable, upgraded from questionable)
  9. Torres Kingsby, DB (hamstring – questionable, upgraded from out)
  10. Lamar Morgan, S (hip – probable)
  11. Jesse Newman, OL (ankle – out)
  12. Junior Ramos, OL (knee – probable)
  13. Mark Risher, LB (shoulder– questionable, upgraded from out)
  14. Michael Schultz, DB (elbow – out)
  15. Phillip Walker, LB (shoulder – out)
  16. Deon Wallace, RB (stomach – out)
  17. Kyle Ward, CB (shoulder – probable)

Ragincajuns.com

18. UL Football Five questions for cornerbacks coach Hurlie Brown.

Q: How did practice go this week?

Brown : "I thought we had a good week of practice. The guys are focused. They are coming out, working hard and trying to learn and get better.”

Q: What have the Cajuns been doing well?

Brown : "We are trying to do a lot of things well. We’re not focused on one particular thing. It’s a whole package. The focus is there. Everyone is tired of losing and the guys are willing to work harder. Now we understand that it’s going to take a little something extra and everyone is doing what they can to help us win.”

Q: What are the keys to North Texas, a team that attempts over 40 passes per game?

Brown : "They have a real good scheme and they are a good football team. They will play hard and be hungry for their first win. I expect them to fight and give us everything they’ve got. It’s going to be a great challenge.”

Q: How have the cornerbacks responded to the rotation?

Brown : "We are trying to keep guys fresh. The cornerbacks understand that this is a team effort. They have accepted that we will do what we can to be successful.”

Q: With no disrespect to anyone on the team, how will the expected return of Tyrell Fenroy impact the team?

Brown : “If you had to pick a guy to give the team a lift, he would be one of those guys. We have a few on this team. Our guys know that we have to play with the players that are available. We didn’t hang our heads when he wasn’t around. We had other guys step-up and play well. The team knows that whoever makes the least amount of mistakes and wants it the most is going to win this Saturday.”

RaginCajuns.com

19. UL Football Switching backs

Junior tailback Tyrell Fenroy went through full drills Wednesday and is expected to return to the starting lineup after missing the last two weeks with a sprained ankle. Fenroy, UL's career rushing leader among running backs, was injured late in the McNeese State game and enters Saturday with 2,537 career yards - 1,571 of them against Sun Belt teams.

"He looked good today," Bustle said after Wednesday's two-hour workout. "He should be ready to go."

The rest of the story

20. UL Football Youth movement growing larger for struggling Cajuns

UL's football coaching staff had figured on a youth movement for the 2007 season - but probably not at this level.

When Cajun coach Rickey Bustle talks about his team being young and inconsistent, he's not kidding when it comes to kiddie corps.

UL took more freshmen on its last trip to Central Florida than it did seniors.

Of the 71 players who have played in at least one game this season, 37 of them are freshmen or sophomores.

The Cajuns have played seven first-year freshmen this season, more than they have in the last two seasons combined.

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

21. UL Football Big Play Smith just wants the "W"

Derrick Smith remembers last year's game against North Texas, the one in which he had a career high in catches and yardage.

The UL junior also has vivid recollections from last weekend's game, when he turned in two big plays that provided or set up the Cajuns' two touchdowns against Central Florida.

Good memories? Think again.

The Cajuns didn't win either game, and the Fort Lauderdale, Fla., product doesn't care much for individual numbers if the scoreboard numbers aren't in his favor.

"I don't look at it like that," he said. "You can't look at it as I'm doing good and the team's doing bad. There's nobody on this team that's thinking like that."

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

This is so COOL Re: Desormeaux is getting the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by showdog View Post
    _ When the O line comes of age, Des will have gray hair. _
    If that is true, we'll need a scrambling QB for a long time. Is there anyway we can squeeze an extra year of two out of Des Mo's college career? LOL

Default Re: I guess it is a new low.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    _ But, continuous slamming of the current situation on here is not the trigger to make change. If your mission is to demand change, you must hire a female to streak during the upcoming football game with a banner trailing behind her, specifically spelling out your demands.
    While I like the idea of the streaker I don't think that is the only way I do think a steady chorus of dissatisfaction is needed. i dont call it slamming MLK didnt bring about change by knocking on the door once. ok a bit too much hyperbol but it illustrates my point This is a message board. I am messaging. I have never boo'd a college kid nor a coach and dont plan on starting now I will be one of the loudest CHEERING on Saturday not to worry

_ Hmm.did they win last week? _
    Oh that is a good come back lol they have lost 2 games in there last 18 but obviously they have problems lol

It doesn't matter what happened last week.look at the hist. Urban Meyer has said it himself at Florida they wont use a tailback unless there is somebody worth it to run the ball.

Default Re: It's year six people

Quote Originally Posted by TuffGuy84 View Post
    _ I've decided to take us on memory lane now.lets look back at the time we shared with TheCast

HARDCORE MONTAGE GO! (que phil collins music now)

I know, I personally grew thanks to TheCast. He always had a way to point out only the facts and genuinely how to bring out the best in people like when he said.

"You are an idiot this is really my last post."

Ya know, I'll always remember the way TheCast always had a exciting perspective on how to correct problems, like when he said.

"The Bustle plan is not working he is not grabbing the best possible players and never mind this is my last post."

I know everyday that I come on here and don't see his sparkling intellect, I'll die a little more inside.but you know guys.life goes on

End montage.and sarcasm.

Tuffguy _
    No, Phil Collins is all wrong for the montage.

I see one of the following:

Green Day's "Good Riddance (Time of your life)"
    Natalie Merchant's "Thank You"

oh yea and that douchy "Time of My Life" song from Dirty Dancing

Default Re: Desormeaux is getting the job done.

_ You're point is exactly "our" point. He hasn't played QB. We should have someone who had played some last year when BABB wasn't on track. It's called development. _
    Didn't we win 6 games last year with Babb at QB? If your point is we should have developed someone at QB last year, that is a coaching decsision that you can disagree with. But from the stand point that there is some better option on the roster then Desormeaux this year or Babb for last year, there is none. Desormeaux probably should had have more work at QB last year, that is a question that Bustle should answer. But Desormeaux does not play offensive line, nor is he at WR this year. Some athletes at those positions need to step up and make plays. Derik Smith is the only kid making plays consistantly at the WR position.

Desormeaux will be running for his live this week with the injuries on the offensive line. He is the best suited for that type of situation.

Default Re: Youth movement growing larger for struggling Cajuns

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    Of the 71 players who have played in at least one game this season, 37 of them are freshmen or sophomores.

Year number six! Where the hell are all of our upper classmen? Did we cut players? We should not have to rebuild every year. Bustle is a poor judge of talent!

Default Re: Youth movement growing larger for struggling Cajuns

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan96 View Post
    Year number six! Where the hell are all of our upper classmen? Did we cut players? We should not have to rebuild every year. Bustle is a poor judge of talent! _
    The upperclassmen are not playing much because the young guys are better. Those young guys are inconsistent. It is understandable to question the recruiting in earlier years in such a situation.

Default Re: It's year six people

Quote Originally Posted by TuffGuy84 View Post
    _ I've decided to take us on memory lane now.lets look back at the time we shared with TheCast

HARDCORE MONTAGE GO! (que phil collins music now)

I know, I personally grew thanks to TheCast. He always had a way to point out only the facts and genuinely how to bring out the best in people like when he said.

"You are an idiot this is really my last post."

Ya know, I'll always remember the way TheCast always had a exciting perspective on how to correct problems, like when he said.

"The Bustle plan is not working he is not grabbing the best possible players and never mind this is my last post."

I know everyday that I come on here and don't see his sparkling intellect, I'll die a little more inside.but you know guys.life goes on

End montage.and sarcasm.

Tuffguy _

That is the funnest post I have read in along time.

Default Re: Big Play Smith just wants the "W"

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    The Cajuns didn't win either game, and the Fort Lauderdale, Fla., product doesn't care much for individual numbers if the scoreboard numbers aren't in his favor.

"I don't look at it like that," he said. "You can't look at it as I'm doing good and the team's doing bad. There's nobody on this team that's thinking like that."
    I am glad to see someone thinks like this

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    _ Oh that is a good come back lol they have lost 2 games in there last 18 but obviously they have problems lol

It doesn't matter what happened last week.look at the hist. Urban Meyer has said it himself at Florida they wont use a tailback unless there is somebody worth it to run the ball. _
    it is hard to believe that a high-powered recruiting outfit like that doesn't have a stud tailback.

Thread Information