Page 111 of 153 FirstFirst . 101 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 121 . LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 2293

Thread: The Book: 2007 Football

Default It's year six people

The Bustle plan is not working he is not grabbing the best possible players and never mind this is my last post.

Default Re: I guess it is a new low.

Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    However, as William Munny said, "Deserves got nothing to do with it."_
    he also said "we've all got it coming, kid." maybe he meant WINS are coming!

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by IHateLaState View Post
    _ I hear you. which is why I said I would like a question such as the one I raised, "what are your plans to increase athletic funding?", be asked of the candidates for president. I am not an insider so I dont know what Dr. A has tried and failed to do. As my handle indicates I know the powers with-in this state do everything to keep us from advancing. However we will not have this opportunity for new blood in the administration again anytime soon. I would hope the new President comes in with a renewed vigor and a plan to attack the problem. Will he/she be successful? Time will tell but good Lord I don't want to hear "we cant do anything because of the big bad wolf"

A once in a generation opportunity is upon us _
    The greatest hope for a better future is the new leadership. I share your opinion that we will not know what the true sentiment of the new president will be toward athletics (and football in particular) until he takes the helm. This is one of the most pivotal events in the history of the university. I truly hope that the next president isn't simply a "casual fan" but a business minded person who comprehends that having a great football program contributes to the overall success, in every area, of a university. It has been proven over and over.

As for the immediate, none of us accept mediocrity. We just differ on when to pull the plug and start over. I also hold the opinion that having a blow out on here is fine. But, continuous slamming of the current situation on here is not the trigger to make change. If your mission is to demand change, you must hire a female to streak during the upcoming football game with a banner trailing behind her, specifically spelling out your demands. It is the only way. Do not allow the banner to disrupt my view of the streaker. That will only bring on a chorus of boos. Have her tie off the light weight banner to her neck and waste, and allow at least 18 inches of space between her back and the start of the banner. Oh, and pick a nice one. you know what I mean. I do not accept mediocrity. Preciate it.

4. Default Re: It's year six people

thanks for all those posts over the years.

5. Default Re: It's year six people

Quote Originally Posted by TheCast View Post
    The Bustle plan is not working he is not grabbing the best possible players and never mind this is my last post.
    I'll miss your thought provoking posts.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: It's year six people

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun77 View Post
    I'll miss your thought provoking posts.
    Here, here!!

Z

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    The greatest hope for a better future is the new leadership. I share your opinion that we will not know what the true sentiment of the new president will be toward athletics (and football in particular) until he takes the helm. This is one of the most pivotal events in the history of the university. I truly hope that the next president isn't simply a "casual fan" but a business minded person who comprehends that having a great football program contributes to the overall success, in every area, of a university. It has been proven over and over.

As for the immediate, none of us accept mediocrity. We just differ on when to pull the plug and start over. I also hold the opinion that having a blow out on here is fine. But, continuous slamming of the current situation on here is not the trigger to make change. If your mission is to demand change, you must hire a female to streak during the upcoming football game with a banner trailing behind her, specifically spelling out your demands. It is the only way. Do not allow the banner to disrupt my view of the streaker. That will only bring on a chorus of boos. Have her tie off the light weight banner to her neck and waste, and allow at least 18 inches of space between her back and the start of the banner. Oh, and pick a nice one. you know what I mean. I do not accept mediocrity. Preciate it.
    (SMILES!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    _ Oh yea Florida has huge problems don't they? _
    Hmm.did they win last week?

Default Re: Desormeaux is getting the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by OLF82 View Post
    _ Sorry, he's a great athlete who just should not be playing quarterback. At the end of games when passing down the field is necessary, consistency is not there. I guess that he is the better option overall than Morell or Hundley was, considering the system. Having an accurate, big-armed quarterback who could lead U.L. down the field when needed would be preferable, though. Having said that, I think the guy could possibly be a professional athlete at another position down the line. Because of this, I really believe that he could be more valuable to the team at another position where he could get the ball in the open field and use his considerable talent. The fact that he plays so hard is something to admire. Also, he's not the main problem with team, of course. The defense doesn't seem to be able to make the big stops. _
    Exactly. Have him, Fenroy, and Wallace in the lineup with that QB you're talking about and we'd be destroying people.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    _ You probably thought Matt Jones shouldn't have been a QB at Arkansas, and that Brian Mitchell would have been better utilized here as a tailback. You would have been wrong in both of those cases, and you are wrong about Desormeaux.

We had an accurate big-arm QB who could lead us down the field with Jon Van Cleave. That worked out really well, didn't it? As to getting Desormeaux the ball in the open field, that is exactly what the zone read option does; give the ball to the TB or the QB, whichever is uncovered, with a good seam and a chance to make a big play. Sorry it's not working out. Oh, that's right, we are among the nation's leaders in rushing offense. _
    Yeah and we have an 0-5 record.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    _ oh all we have to do is find an accurate big armed QB to come to ul. thats the problem, guys like that won't usually come to a program like this. And if we had this accurate big armed QB right now he would spend most of his time on his back. MD is not your typical QB, could we have better, i'm sure but could it be worse? it could be alot worse. i don't know why everyone is coming down on mike when he is all we have that is even keeping us halfway competitive. If our defense could stop anyone on third and long we would have at least 2 wins right now maybe 3. QB is not the problem. Bad coaching decisions and defense is our problem. _

Not coming down on him. He's probably the best athlete on the team. I agree with OLF82 though, he's in the wrong position

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    _ If you consider that this is his first full year at QB and with one position coach, he is doing outstanding! You are not taking into consideration that the kid has never played just QB since he walked on campus. He is far from polished, but he is one of the outstanding play makers in the Sun Belt. He is averaging over 250 yrds in total offense a game. Sorry, but that puts him up there in the top three in the Sun Belt. _
    You're point is exactly "our" point. He hasn't played QB. We should have someone who had played some last year when BABB wasn't on track. It's called development.

Quote Originally Posted by Cayenne Eyeman View Post
    _ Right you are VObserver. Without pass protection, we do not have another scrambling QB who can make things happen. When the O line comes of age, we may have other options at QB; but this year, Des Mo is our guy. I wish the nay-sayers would accept this and move on.

"If ifs and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas".the team we've got is who we've got. Let's embrace them and cheer them on to as many victories as possible.

I'll see ya at the SWAMP!!!!
    Geaux Cajuns!!!!! _
    When the O line comes of age, Des will have gray hair.

Although I know Bustle has made some horrible calls this year. Your post is not worth anything because it is obviously your first or second post on the board. You have only been a member since october of this year, so we won't miss you at all!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    Here, here!!

Z

I've decided to take us on memory lane now.lets look back at the time we shared with TheCast

HARDCORE MONTAGE GO! (que phil collins music now)

I know, I personally grew thanks to TheCast. He always had a way to point out only the facts and genuinely how to bring out the best in people like when he said.

"You are an idiot this is really my last post."

Ya know, I'll always remember the way TheCast always had a exciting perspective on how to correct problems, like when he said.

"The Bustle plan is not working he is not grabbing the best possible players and never mind this is my last post."

I know everyday that I come on here and don't see his sparkling intellect, I'll die a little more inside.but you know guys.life goes on

End montage.and sarcasm.

Tuffguy

Thread Information