Page 10 of 153 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 ... LastLast

Thread: The Book: 2007 Football

1. Ragin' Cajuns Re: USC football fans can serve up French bread, sausages and Louisiana beer

Quote Originally Posted by DestinCajun View Post
    _ Had them in a red gravy at Mandina's on Canal quite awhile back.

Mandina's A/K/A'd them as "menudo".
    _
    Is Mandina's open yet? I know they have been shut down since Katrina, but I can't wait to go back when they open.

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: South Carolina's Cook charged with unlawful possession of pistol

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    http://southcarolina.scout.com/2/673159.html

Looks like Cook will be reinstated, but, still will not be playing against UL. He had an appendectomy last sunday and will be out for a couple weeks.

Default Re: USC football fans can serve up French bread, sausages and Louisiana beer

Quote Originally Posted by cajungirl23 View Post
    _ Is Mandina's open yet? I know they have been shut down since Katrina, but I can't wait to go back when they open. _
    Yes, I believe so. They also opened a place in BR on Old Hammond Hwy at the old Chalet Brandt location.

Maybe you know of Venezia too. It's reopened as well.

4. UL Football Drew Edmiston Named to Lou Groza Watch List

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla.–Louisiana’s Ragin’ Cajuns place-kicker Drew Edmiston was named to the 2007 Lou Groza Collegiate Place-Kicker Award watch list as announced by the Palm Beach County Sports Commission.

Last season, Edmiston earned First Team All-Sun Belt Conference honors. He finished the year 11-for-14 on his field goal attempts including a perfect 7-for-7 mark between 40-49 yards. Edmiston had a long field goal of 51 yards on the season.

The Owasso, Okla. native was also 27-for-28 on PAT attempts en route to being named the Brian Mitchell Special Forces MVP at the Cajuns’ post-season banquet.

Edmiston becomes the second kicker in the Rickey Bustle Era to be added to the watch list. Former Ragin’ Cajuns kicker Sean Comiskey was named to the Groza Watch List in 2005.

The Watch List is comprised of the top 30 preliminary candidates for the 16th Annual Lou Groza Collegiate Place-Kicker Award, presented by the FedEx Orange Bowl. The top three finalists will be honored during the Lou Groza Collegiate Place-Kicker Award Banquet on Tuesday, December 4, 2007. The award will be presented Thursday, December 6, 2007 during the ESPN Home Depot College Football Award Show broadcast live from Orlando, Fla.

Five former winners or nominees, Mason Crosby, Martin Gramatica, Sebastian Janikowski, Nate Kaeding and Mike Nugent became successful NFL kickers.

Weekly updates of the nominees results can be found at www.lougrozaaward.com beginning September 4,2007

The rest of the story

RaginCajuns.com

Default Re: USC football fans can serve up French bread, sausages and Louisiana beer

Yes, I believe so. They also opened a place in BR on Old Hammond Hwy at the old Chalet Brandt location.

Maybe you know of Venezia too. It's reopened as well.
    They also opened one in Mandeville on Hwy. 22. It's real good, cher, for true!

Default Re: I picked up the best daily Advertiser ever

7. Default Re: Drew Edmiston Named to Lou Groza Watch List

Way to go Drew! Comiskey was on this for at least his Senior season, maybe Junior as well.

"Then you’re going to need some andouille or boudin (both hearty Louisiana sausages). Slather on some Jack Miller barbecue sauce and mustard, and you’re good to go.

Yes, that’s barbecue sauce and mustard, not mustard barbecue sauce. And when you’re done, it’s called a sausage po’ boy."

Anybody in here ever have a boudin po-boy? I've had BBQ boudin, but I didn't put it between bread and call it a po-boy.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginFan2 View Post
    _ I wonder if they could get hard copies to distribute/sell at the first home game. Us out-of-towners would LOVE to get our hands on this! If some of you guys (Z, Fun, etc.) could bring a copy to the tailgating for the rest of us to see, that would be great! And most appreciated! _
    I live in Houston and contacted The Advertiser about that. They are mailing the entire Sunday edition to me (as of yesterday). Total cost - $4 and you can put it on a credit card. That is not too bad considering the paper is about a $1+ anyway, plus mailing costs. In any event, I should get it by Thursday or Friday. If anyone is interested, call 337-289-6365 at The Advertiser. You will get someone in "Mail Back Copies". I don't remember the ladies name, but she was very nice and helpful.

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by Crowley Cajun View Post
    Â_ "Then you’re going to need some andouille or boudin (both hearty Louisiana sausages). Slather on some Jack Miller barbecue sauce and mustard, and you’re good to go.

Yes, that’s barbecue sauce and mustard, not mustard barbecue sauce. And when you’re done, it’s called a sausage po’ boy."

Anybody in here ever have a boudin po-boy? I've had BBQ boudin, but I didn't put it between bread and call it a po-boy. Â_
    get a link, and squeeze the goodies inside onto a piece of soft white evangeline maid bread. fold that puppy in half and get ready for a ride to heaven. to quote one Cosmo Kramer, its like an orgasmic feast for the senses.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar Land Cajun View Post
    I live in Houston and contacted The Advertiser about that. They are mailing the entire Sunday edition to me (as of yesterday). Total cost - $4 and you can put it on a credit card. That is not too bad considering the paper is about a $1+ anyway, plus mailing costs. In any event, I should get it by Thursday or Friday. If anyone is interested, call 337-289-6365 at The Advertiser. You will get someone in "Mail Back Copies". I don't remember the ladies name, but she was very nice and helpful.
    Thanks for the info! I'll give them a call.

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux View Post
    _ get a link, and squeeze the goodies inside onto a piece of soft white evangeline maid bread. fold that puppy in half and get ready for a ride to heaven. to quote one Cosmo Kramer, its like an orgasmic feast for the senses. _
    Or in the middle of a hot piece of T-Sue's bread from Henderson.....Yum....Yum....

Ragin' Cajuns Re: USC football fans can serve up French bread, sausages and Louisiana beer

_ Yes, I believe so. They also opened a place in BR on Old Hammond Hwy at the old Chalet Brandt location.

Maybe you know of Venezia too. It's reopened as well. _
    And while we're talking about Italian places in Mid-City, don't forget Liuzza's on Bienville!! Something I haven't gotten to do since the storm is to eat a good dinner at Venezia's and then walk over to Brocato's for dessert. Oh yeah, they're open, too!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NOCajun View Post
    And while we're talking about Italian places in Mid-City, don't forget Liuzza's on Bienville!! Something I haven't gotten to do since the storm is to eat a good dinner at Venezia's and then walk over to Brocato's for dessert. Oh yeah, they're open, too!!!
    Yeah man, I hear that.

15. Default South Carolina game on the internet?

I was wondering if anyone had some info on the UL/South Carolina being available to watch on the internet. I live in Huntsville, TX and I don't think that the game will be available on TV in these parts.

Page 10 of 153 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information