Page 106 of 153 FirstFirst . 96 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 116 . LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 2293

Thread: The Book: 2007 Football

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Don't Give Up

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    I haven't. See you guys at the game! Geaux Cajuns!!!
    The Ragin Cajun beer exchange will be in effect.

Z.

This is so COOL Re: Desormeaux is getting the job done.

Right you are VObserver. Without pass protection, we do not have another scrambling QB who can make things happen. When the O line comes of age, we may have other options at QB; but this year, Des Mo is our guy. I wish the nay-sayers would accept this and move on.

"If ifs and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas".the team we've got is who we've got. Let's embrace them and cheer them on to as many victories as possible.

I'll see ya at the SWAMP!!!!
    Geaux Cajuns!!!!!

This is so COOL Re: I guess it is a new low.

_ Hey, I just tried to purchase a little "love" at the local corner. She told me "no money, no honey". I told her that money was a crutch and start giving me "some excellence" and stop making excuses. just like you said. Your advice sucked. I got nothing out of that transaction. You spoke like you knew what you were talking about. No money, but expect excellence? Where you from? _
    Would someone please flip on the "EXCELLENCE" switch for IHateLaState. I think someone has just forgotten the team in excellence mode before each game.It's that simple.we just keep forgetting to switch from mediocrity mode to excellence mode.and of course that "EXCELLENCE" mode automatically kicks in at year 3 of a coaches tenure at any university. Nope, it never takes longer than 3 years to build a program.oh wait, but this is year 6 so we should be 12-0 by now because I'm sure that someone somewhere has done it before. I guess if we fire Bustle here and now, we will be guaranteed a conference championship in three years.and if not, let's fire that guy,toothat way we can have a perpetual reason for losing other than sometimes it just takes a little more time for the program to round the corner. I'm not settling for mediocrity.I want a winning team as much as anybody. I just know that you can't get senior excellence out of a team of mainly freshmen. They will have to mature.and I believe that they will, soon. I just know that you cannot turn it on and off like a switch or by rolling from coach to coach every few years.

I'll see you at the SWAMP!!!
    Geaux Cajuns!!!!

Default Re: Weekly Award Winners

Quote Originally Posted by srevere51 View Post
    _ Hmmm scout team award winners?

Why are we praising individuals when we are losing as a team.
    To me, we the coaches are saying, its ok to lose.

No win No reward. _
    No.I am sure it must be a misprintI didn't just read what you wrote.at least I hope I didn't because you would need to win the next award in something I'm to nice to say on the board!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MissingMandy View Post
    _ No.I am sure it must be a misprintI didn't just read what you wrote.at least I hope I didn't because you would need to win the next award in something I'm to nice to say on the board!!! _
    It is merely my opinion. No need to get offended.
    When you are a child, you encourage young ones with positive reinforcement and hope you get the best out of them.
    When you pay for an Athlete to attend your university, you should expect a certain level of play and demand the BEST out of them.
    No awards were given during the McNeese game either, so if you want to give me an award for boasting my opinion feel free to send me a private message.
    I have supported this university going on 27 years (I will be 27 in December). I will be there for the next 27.

6. Default Re: Weekly Award Winners

Hey srevere51, I am of the opinion that you always study stats and who played well.

If a player played well you reward him. You have to show that great effort is noticed, and can be built upon.

If a team played poorly overall you give them a Loss and move on. A loss is its own anti reward.

I did not agree with no rewards after the McNeese game. I thought Burkhalter, Zanders, and Fleming had great games on Defense while Derrick Smith had a good receiving day and Wallace showed up for the return team. Turnovers lost that game.

Then again the didn't ask me so . . .

ps If it is any consolation they did not give a defensive player award this week so I guess you still got part of your wish.

7. Sunbelt Contenders and pretenders will be separated Saturday

It may be the first weekend of October, but it's a significant weekend in the Sun Belt Conference football race.

It's the last weekend that all eight teams are in contention for the title. After Saturday, at least one and as many as three teams can pretty much find something else to take that open spot in the trophy case.

After Saturday, we'll know that the Sun Belt title won't be heading for either Bertrand Drive or Denton, Texas - one or the other. Very likely, we'll also know that it won't wind up in Miami or Monroe, but that's not a sure thing.

Nope, the only place in the league where two one-loss teams will match up Saturday is at Cajun Field, where UL will host North Texas. The winner lives to fight another day - five more days to be exact with that many league games remaining. The loser's playing out the string, and it probably won't be pretty the rest of the way.

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

8. UL Football Sun Belt Conference Predictions: Week 6

North Texas at Louisiana
    Line: Louisiana -7

At this point, the Cajuns and their fans will be thrilled with any kind of win and it doesn't matter who it's against. But if UL doesn't win by more than the betting line, there's still some serious questions about the rest of the season. But first things first. UL 35-17.

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald

9. UL Football History suggests UNT is no gimme

UL football coach Rickey Bustle has repeatedly cited passion as his team's biggest key to finding success this weekend, when the Cajuns play a pivotal Sun Belt Conference game against North Texas.

He should know. His Cajuns ran into a Mean Green team exhibiting emotion and passion less than 11 months ago, and the result was one of the most disappointing nights of 2006.

Three days before UL's Nov. 11 contest with UNT, the Mean Green fired long-time head coach Darrell Dickey after a 2-7 start. Dickey, who led North Texas to the Sun Belt's first four championships and New Orleans Bowl appearances from 2001-04, stayed on to coach the last three games.

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    _ Hey srevere51, I am of the opinion that you always study stats and who played well.

If a player played well you reward him. You have to show that great effort is noticed, and can be built upon.

If a team played poorly overall you give them a Loss and move on. A loss is its own anti reward.

I did not agree with no rewards after the McNeese game. I thought Burkhalter, Zanders, and Fleming had great games on Defense while Derrick Smith had a good receiving day and Wallace showed up for the return team. Turnovers lost that game.

Then again the didn't ask me so . . .

ps If it is any consolation they did not give a defensive player award this week so I guess you still got part of your wish. _
    When I played rugby, we'd vote, as a team, for the Man of the Match after every game. When we lost, and sometimes even after we won, we'd vote for a goat. We'd pick the guy that played the worst and gave him an award (i can't remember what we called it). NOBODY ever wanted that thing.

Default Re: Don't Give Up

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    _ The Ragin Cajun beer exchange will be in effect.

Z. _
    Good. I have a few for you saturday.

Default Re: I guess it is a new low.

_ Hey, I just tried to purchase a little "love" at the local corner. She told me "no money, no honey". I told her that money was a crutch and start giving me "some excellence" and stop making excuses. just like you said. Your advice sucked. I got nothing out of that transaction. You spoke like you knew what you were talking about. No money, but expect excellence? Where you from? _
    You owe me a new keyboard.

Still mopping up the coffee on that one!

There are no guarantees anywhere gentlemen. No a new coach won't guarantee 12-0. no one suggested such folly I do believe with the facilities we have here.Who else has an indoor facility? With the fan support that we have here.highest avg attendance in the league and the potential for even better with a winning product. that we should expect better than 6-5 as the HIGH water mark after 6 years in a program

We are into year 6 and the BEST we can do is mid level in the worst conference in America. and you have the audacity to criticize me for questioning where this program is and asking why are we not expecting more???

I think Coach Bustle has had ample time to turn things around. and he has not. now you can go cry about the lack of funding or you can quit making excuses and start winning McNeese has 15 less scholarships than do we and they kicked out butts. ULM plays in a goat pasture and have beaten us 4 of 5 years under this regime. I dont know why we cant expect. EXPECT. to be playing at the level of Troy. they compete with Alabama and Auburn for recruits yet here they are dominating the league.

Coach Robichaux has the same money issues. As does coach Steph you NEVER hear any moaning and groaning for those two.

I happen to think those who accept mediocrity are part of the problem

Quote Originally Posted by IHateLaState View Post
    _ There are no guarantees anywhere gentlemen. No a new coach won't guarantee 12-0. no one suggested such folly I do believe with the facilities we have here.Who else has an indoor facility? With the fan support that we have here.highest avg attendance in the league and the potential for even better with a winning product. that we should expect better than 6-5 as the HIGH water mark after 6 years in a program

We are into year 6 and the BEST we can do is mid level in the worst conference in America. and you have the audacity to criticize me for questioning where this program is and asking why are we not expecting more???

I think Coach Bustle has had ample time to turn things around. and he has not. now you can go cry about the lack of funding or you can quit making excuses and start winning McNeese has 15 less scholarships than do we and they kicked out butts. ULM plays in a goat pasture and have beaten us 4 of 5 years under this regime. I dont know why we cant expect. EXPECT. to be playing at the level of Troy. they compete with Alabama and Auburn for recruits yet here they are dominating the league.

Coach Robichaux has the same money issues. As does coach Steph you NEVER hear any moaning and groaning for those two.

I happen to think those who accept mediocrity are part of the problem _
    DING! DING! DING! DING! DING! We have a winner.

Beautifully said, and you are exactly right.

UL Football Re: I guess it is a new low.

Quote Originally Posted by Cayenne Eyeman View Post
    _ I mention Des Mo's accomplishments because people keep making comments about how much trouble we are in because our leading rusher is the QB and that Des Mo is not a QB. I'm tired of hearing the wining and moaning about a young man who is playing extremely well as the QB. I'm sick of losing, toobut I'm more sick of the wining and boohooing over the fact that we are 0-5 and not 5-0. Get over it!!! As frustrating as it is to see young talent not reaching it's full potential thus far, there are greater travesties in lifeunless of course this is all you have in life.in which case I tell you to get a life.

Geaux Cajuns!!!! _
    Amen, my good brother!!! I totally agree that Fans have a right to be upset. Lets move on! We must decide if we will as Fans be a part of the problem by complaining, moaning and groaning or a part of the solution by supporting these YOUNG(35 of the 60 man travel roster are Fresh/Sophs)MEN!!!

Get your collective butts out to the North Texas game, and do a yo-mans job at getting your friends(students or not) and family out to the game this weekend!!!!!!!!!!!

DaddyCajun
    We can grow little by little or regress little by little you decide if your a REAL RAGIN CAJUN FAN!!!!!!!!!

Thread Information