Thread: 2005 Lady Cajuns Softball RPI

UL Softball 2005 Lady Cajuns Softball RPI

The Lady Cajuns are playing great and are improving with each game. They are such fun to watch. Mother's Day weekend will be the last week end of Sun Belt Conference games. Take some time to go for a game or two. Double headers start at 1 p.m. on Saturday, May 7.

The selection of teams to Regional play is determined by RPI rankings. Please check this site out, it shows that we are improving in the RPI rankings.

http://www.warrennolan.com/softball/2005/rpi

Even if we win the Sun Belt Conference, there is no guarantee of being awarded an "at large" bit to a regional competition. The Sun Belt does not have an automatice bid to Regional competition. At large bids and seedings at regionals are determined by RPI, which is determined by the NCAA. Bids are not determined by National Rankings. The Lady Cajuns are presently ranked 14th in the USA and 17th in RPI.

Go see them play! You could possiblly see the future National Champions at home. How would you feel if you missed that opportunity?

Default Re: Softball RPI

What does our conference have left to do to be able to provide an automatic qualifier?

DaddyCajun,
    Trying to squeeze a few more Lady Cajun games in!

I believe we (the Sun Belt Conference) need 6 teams in the conference (which we currently have) playing in the league for 3 consecutive years. I remember reading something like this somewhere. I'll see if I can find it.

Oops, found itonly 2 years.

"Question (Kelsey Ellender): When will the Sun Belt Champion in softball get an automatic bid to the Softball Regional Tournaments?

Commissioner Wright Waters: Kelsey, it really isn't an issue we have worried about too much. The NCAA requires the same 6 schools to play together for two years, as you know we have had some shifts in membership. So why haven't we worried about it? Because our softball is so strong that our champion has gone every year as an at-large and two years ago made it to the World Series. But the answer to your question, I believe is the 2007 season."

I thought it would be after next season.if it was for only 2 years, since North Texas just started.but I forgot about NMSU leaving. However, I'd rather wait a little longer and replace NMSU with Florida Atlantic.

Last week our RPI was 17. We win six games and it drops six points.

And I'm afraid, with our remaining schedule, that's only going to get worse.

We'll make the regionals, but don't look for a one seed.

Thread Information