Thread: What happened?

1. UL Baseball What happened?

I have to get up at 2am so I left the game in the 6th with UL up 4-1

What happened?

Well I witnessed some good play while I was there like Coker's diving catch that goes for naught.

Attached Images Attached Images  

2. Default Lopez Clutch homer sinks Louisiana in series opener

With one swing, Michael Lopez brought the University of Louisiana's red-hot baseball streak to a screeching halt.

The Florida International first baseman drilled a two-out, 3-and-2 Thad Montgomery pitch over the right-field wall in the seventh inning Friday night, capping the Golden Panthers' comeback and providing FIU with a 7-5 victory over the Cajuns in the opener of their Sun Belt Conference series at Moore Field.

The Panthers, winning their fourth straight, had trailed the 14th-ranked Cajuns 4-0 through five innings and were still behind 4-1 before shocking the hosts with five runs in the seventh.

"We let it get away from us," said Cajun coach Tony Robichaux. "We couldn't close out an inning, and you've just got to do that when you get the chance."

The loss snapped a four-game win streak for the Cajuns (33-8, 7-3), who had won 10 out of 11 entering the series and who had gone 19-3 in their first 22 games at Moore Field this year.

Lopez was the main contributor to that setback, when he followed two-out walks issued to Dennis Diaz and Bryan Pullin with his fourth homer of the year that gave FIU (27-14, 8-5) a 6-4 advantage.

The rest of the story
    Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

Ardoin has good outing, gets no decision.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thread Information