Thread: 2005 Lady Cajun Tennis

1. UL Tennis 2005 Lady Cajun Tennis

This morning I heard Nelson say UL was bidding on a Tennis regional. I hope he gets it.

Last Saturday I went to the home finale at Cajun Courts and got some pictures of the Lady Cajuns in action. I had to leave before the Men started.

It was nice to see some of the Football clan supporting Tennis. Coach Pry and family were there, coach Rebowe was showing off his juggling skills, and Michael Zatarain was in the stands.

Sid and Chris were there and after talking to several people I have come to realize that Kimmie Lyles is a real ambassador for the sport and a real crowd favorite. For those that don't know Kimmie will be a junior next year and was a key part in Louisiana finishing with a winning record this year. Here father of course is UL alum and former basketball player Ted Lyles

Here is a picture of Ted and Claudia Lyles with their daughter Kimmie in the background

Attached Images Attached Images  

2. Default Re: Louisiana Tennis 2005

Kimmie serving.

UL Tennis Re: Louisiana Tennis 2005

Why do you always get the good photo assignments.

4. Default Re: Louisiana Tennis 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    Here is a picture of Ted and Claudia Lyles with their daughter Kimmie in the background
    Bad legs--lol---Thank God for the tennis program Ted married up ---Some might not know that his older brother played baseball for the Cajuns and the younger brother I think was in some way connected to Cajun sports.

5. Default Conference's Men's and Women's Tennis Championships that begin today

MOBILE, Ala. - Louisiana's Ragin' Cajun men's tennis squad grabbed two spots on the All-Sun Belt team selected by the league coaches.

Senior Evghenii Corduneanu and freshman Dusan Tabak were named to the team, which was announced Thursday evening at the pre-tournament banquet.

Corduneanu was honored for the second straight year on the first team after finishing the spring season 9-6, mostly in the No. 1 singles slot, including a 3-2 mark against league foes.

Tabak finished the spring on a hot streak, winning his final 10 matches to wrap up a 12-3 record. He beat No. 60-ranked Jeff Kader of William & Mary during the spring and is currently ranked 116th nationally, and went unbeaten against Sun Belt foes this spring.

The team is the first to include two Cajuns since 1999 when Rafael Fontes and Eduardo Gordilho were first-team picks. That year, UL fell to South Alabama in the title match.

The UL men and women each begin their quest for league titles today at the USA courts and the Mobile Tennis Center, with the sixth-seeded women (9-8) facing 11th seed Western Kentucky. A win would set up a quarterfinal match with No. 3-seeded Florida International.

The rest of the story

6. Default Re: Louisiana Tennis 2005

Thread Information