Thread: Our Logo

Default Our Logo

Even though we are the University of Louisiana at Lafayette, our university logo just says

University of
    LOUISIANA
    Lafayette.

Maybe that is one reason we are called Louisiana-Lafayette.

On the other hand, the University of Texas at Austin has a logo that says:

The University of
    TEXAS
    at Austin.

Just wondering if changing our logo to our actual legal name:

The University of
    LOUISIANA
    at Lafayette

might make a difference in people NOT calling us Louisiana-Lafayette.

See attached logo pictures.

Default Re: Our Logo

I am all about the name debate and hate that "Lafayette" is on our logos but I must say that you really do bring this topic up way too much. Just saying.

3. Default Re: Our Logo

The "at" should be 400% the size of the rest of the wording.

Geaux Cajuns

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCanaille View Post
    _ I am all about the name debate and hate that "Lafayette" is on our logos but I must say that you really do bring this topic up way too much. Just saying. _

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCanaille View Post
    _ I am all about the name debate and hate that "Lafayette" is on our logos but I must say that you really do bring this topic up way too much. Just saying. _

I know some feel that way. But, this is just pointing out yet another inconsistency in how we state our name. Just maybe it is time for UL to get its internal act together on who we are and what we are called officially/academically as opposed to what we want to be called athletically. Use of the "at" is in our official name, yet we ignore that and just use Louisiana Lafayette in our logo. So, guess what people call us? I don't care that our official name is the University of Louisiana at Lafayette as most major universities have such official names. I do care that athletically, we are LOUISIANA, but don't do everything we can to maximize and promote that and don't allow alumni and fans to buy and wear official approved LOUISIANA gear. Not Louisiana's Ragin Cajuns, not Louisiana Lafayette, not UL Lafayette, not U LA LA, not U LA LAF, not Lafayette, not U Laf, not LALAF, not every other bastardization of our name being used everywhere.

Respect must be earned.
    When we become successful in the mainstream sports (Football, Baseball, Basketball) then we will rightfully gain respect in what we want to be called.

Until thenQYB

I also think you bring up this topic entirely too much. But here's my contribution. Every incoming freshman and transfer has gotten this shirt for a couple years now.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Our Logo

Quote Originally Posted by nathancpike View Post
    _ I also think you bring up this topic entirely too much. But here's my contribution. Every incoming freshman and transfer has gotten this shirt for a couple years now. _
    Can't you have someone model those shirts so they will be more "shapely"! lol

Louisiana Re: Our Logo

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    Can't you have someone model those shirts so they will be more "shapely"! lol
    All in favor, say "I"

Oh yeah, we also have to approve the model first.

douglas's Avatar douglas is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

the simple reason you cant buy and wear official "LOUISIANA" gear is the clc wont approve it, sorry bro

11. Default Re: Our Logo

Quote Originally Posted by douglas View Post
    _ the simple reason you cant buy and wear official "LOUISIANA" gear is the clc wont approve it, sorry bro _
    Not true.

The The Collegiate Licensing Company approves shortened versions of collegiate names every day of the year.

Of course, if you don't request, then you are right, they won't do it.

12. Default Re: Our Logo

I was reading the Lake Charles American Press the other day, and they had a couple pages with graduates from the area and what school they graduated from. It was both high school and college. I was scrolling and I came across this one girl who graduated from the "The University of Lafayette." I was like, "Wow! Are they serious?" How hard would it have been to write "UL Lafayette"? I just couldn't imagine a newspaper in Texas printing "The Univeristy of Arlington" or "San Marcos State University." I know I shouldn't expect much from the American Press, but that was outrageous.

13. Default Re: Our Logo

I know she was a graduate but when outsiders see "UL Lafayette" they think the L in UL stands for Lafayette.
    igeaux.mobi

Thread Information