Thread: College Baseball

UL Baseball College Baseball

I wanted to see how everybody else felt about the great exposure college baseball is getting because of the hockey strike.

I have never been a hockey fan and I think this strike might have been the best thing for college baseball.

Default Re: College Baseball

With the icegators now out of town the attendance should increases at some of the UL base/soft ball games.

3. Default Re: College Baseball

Certainly, I think the hockey strike has helped college baseball in that it opened the door for ESPN to expand its broadcasts into the regular season. HDNet, CSTV, and now ESPNU have all helped. Sunshine Sports Network and Fox Sports Net continue to show games each weekend. Now you have a decent selection with which to choose on the weekend.

Note that today (and this entire weekend), anyone with satellite can catch ...

Nebraska at Texas A&M
    Oklahoma at Texas
    Miami at North Carolina
    Army at Lafayette
    Alabama at Florida
    Florida State at Georgia Tech

Tuesday night, LSU and Tulane will hookup on national TV.

And for the first time since I can remember, the nation will get some live regional coverage (CSTV and ESPNU). ESPN will cover all of the super-regionals once again thi season.

Brian

I personally think with some of UL baseball games on t.v. it takes away from the crowd. some casual fans will not com e if the game is on t.v. in another view it is exposure for UL. It is a too way street.

5. Default Re: College Baseball

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS
    I personally think with some of UL baseball games on t.v. it takes away from the crowd. some casual fans will not com e if the game is on t.v. in another view it is exposure for UL. It is a too way street.

Not that I totally agree, but even if you are right, eventually TV watchers want to be where the action is.

I've always been a huge fan of college baseball. I think it is much more exciting to watch, either in person or on tv, than major league baseball. The possibility of a lot of runs being scored due to the aluminum bats, the constant excitement of the fans and the passion with which the college kids play the game all make for a spectacular spectator sport.

I don't know how much of an impact the Icegators leaving will have on UL attendance, but it sure can't hurt. The one thing that will have a large impact on UL baseball attendance is to continue to do what they are doing this year. Win.

I personally like to see baseball games in person. I do watch it on TV but after awhile I get bored with the absence of the whole field. I am a RC baseball season ticket holder, but I can't make every home game. If the game is on TV naturally I will watch it if I can't be there in person. Can't beat the in person atmosphere of hot roasted peanuts, hot dogs, and cold, cold beer, along with with the excitement the whole field provides. You don't get that on TV!!

Thread Information