Thread: UL's Most Represented Mascot : The BullGator

1. Ragin' Cajuns UL's Most Represented Mascot : The BullGator

Cypress Swamp photo

The BullGator has represented UL
    in more publications than any other mascot

Default Re: Most Represented Mascot

I think the Gator would be nice the only one I think uses the gator is Florida, that is not a big deal, I say a gator. That is smart and we have alligators on campus, use the Gator as a mascot

Quote Originally Posted by ulfanatic
    I think the Gator would be nice the only one I think uses the gator is Florida, that is not a big deal, I say a gator. That is smart and we have alligators on campus, use the Gator as a mascot
    We'll let you hold the leash and run him out for the tee after kickoffs

4. Default Re: Most Represented Mascot

Quote Originally Posted by ulfanatic

Somewhere up the road they are building a very nice albeit artificial cage valued at a handsome $2.5 million it will be 15,000 square feet and feature a waterfall, stream, swimming area, rock wall and a single Oak tree.

In the heart of Louisiana's campus is an existing tourist destination, a natural Alligator habitat that couldn't be duplicated for $10 million. Its size is about two acres (I estimate) 75,000 square feet in size, has a water pump powerful enough to produce a running stream or waterfall, about 70 percent of the total area is utilized as swimming area for the resident Alligators, and the total mascot home is 50 percent bordered by a rock (brick) wall. As far as trees are concerned it also has a single 43 year old Oak tree, along with dozens of native cypress trees some well over 100 years of age.

Perhaps $10 million would not be enough to duplicate it, unless you want to wait another 100 years. To me it seems obvious to adopt the Mascot who people come from around the world to see. Finally the Alligator is a rather hearty beast and wouldn't cost UL an extra dime to claim and maintain a BullGator mascot.

Attached Images Attached Images  

What is the official size of Cypress Lake?

6. Default Re: Most Represented Mascot

I like bullgator it matches swamp

7. Louisiana Re: Most Represented Mascot

We can just put in a cage take it out of the swamp, and bring it over to Cajun Field, whenever we have Home Football Games. LOL

Bring that alligator whenever the visitor's come to Cajun Field, and put it on the visitor side it scare the bejesus out of them.

Get a MEAN ALLIGATOR. Then hire some crazy cajun man to handle the alligator, hire someone from Gator Cove, or the Acadiana Zoo.

I just do not know how realistic it would be, but it would only be for 5 times a year.

Thread Information