Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6

Thread: UL vs Houston - Softball Regional Gm 1

UL Softball Re: UL vs Houston - Softball Regional Gm 1

Just ended.

Houston 7
    Louisiana 2

UL had only 1 hit the whole game!

The last play, the runner looked safe to me, but oh well.

Default Re: UL vs Houston - Softball Regional Gm 1

gonna be a tough road out of the loser's bracket

at least LSU is losing 3-0 to Syracuse in the bottom of the 11th lol

7-2 final

10 hits to 1. Closest we had got was tying run at the plate when Gabbi grounded out.

Rough one. I wonder how many illegal pitches get called tonight in the next one.

Channeling Harry Doyle-- And for the Cajuns, that's two runs on, let's see.one hit? That's all we had, one god@#$% hit? Let's see if we can get back on track against Texas State, in all likelihood.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    _ Channeling Harry Doyle-- And for the Cajuns, that's two runs on, let's see.one hit? That's all we had, one god@#$% hit? Let's see if we can get back on track against Texas State, in all likelihood. _

And it was the first AB of the game

Poor outing. Better tomorrow. I did get to chat with Mr
    RPI.Brian.though, so it wasn't a total loss.

igeaux.mobi

7. Default Re: UL vs Houston - Softball Regional Gm 1

Good to see Ashley figure out the illegal pitch situation as the game went on. Hopefully that can carry into tomorrow.

8. UL Softball Re: UL vs Houston - Softball Regional Gm 1

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    _ Poor outing. Better tomorrow. I did get to chat with Mr
    RPI.Brian.though, so it wasn't a total loss.
    I have been called worse. But it was great to see you and Debbie.

Remember, Fonda San Miguel (my favorite restaurant of all time) on North Loop is the best interior Mexican you will find. The verde sauce is killer. If you are lucky (or unlucky depending on how you view it), you might catch Sandra Bullock, Brad Pitt, or Harry Connick Jr. there. Flemings is a great place for steak and The Roaring Fork also has good steaks and Texas fare. You also might like Z-Tejas (Southwestern cuisine) on 6th street as well.

On Lake Travis, The Oasis is one of the hotspots. The food was once subpar (favors Mexican food), but is now quite good. They also mix good drinks. Nice drive and a beautiful view of the main pool high above Lake Travis. The Oasis was modest in the early 90's and is now huge with interesting architecture. Another choice . Iguana Grill is the best mexican food on the lake (they call it Lake Mex) and it also has a beautiful view of Lake Travis. The charred tomatillo sauce is excellent and has a nice kick. It is situated in Highway 620.

Megan and I will be at the games tomorrow (2:30pm and 5:00pm after we win the early game).

BTW, the huge matchup between Texas A&M and Texas is being played across the street from the softball complex. I caught some of the game from the outfield wall and am waiting to catch the rest on TV (DirecTV channel 623, among others) in my Baseball Central Man Cave media room . after the rain delay. The final two games in Austin will determine whether the Aggies win the Big XII championship or the Longhorns are champions. Great crowd tonight . as is usual for a Texas-Texas A&M tilt.

Brian

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6

Thread Information