Thread: Houston Prepares for Louisiana

Default Houston Prepares for Louisiana

Default Re: Houston Prepares for Louisiana

Quote Originally Posted by ultoday View Post

I was hoping that UH was finally calling us Louisiana and UL. So, I checked their website and it is littered with UL L and Louisiana Lafayette. No Louisiana or UL to be found anywhere, including this article.

It will then feel that much better when we beat the University of Houston at Houston.

igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    _ I was hoping that UH was finally calling us Louisiana and UL. So, I checked their website and it is littered with UL L and Louisiana Lafayette. No Louisiana or UL to be found anywhere, including this article. _
    If we win tomorrow, they can call us winners.

So Amanda Crabtree leads the nation in ERA (I heard) with a 0.94, and, according to this article, leads the nation in strikeouts per 7 innings (12.3), yet was a 2nd Team All-CUSA pitcher? Wow. Who the hell else is pitching in that conference? And what in the world did they do to be a 1st teamer?

igeaux.mobi

I was hoping that when I saw HoustonCajun replied in this thread that it wouldn't be a post concerning our name. Sadly, I was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    I was hoping that UH was finally calling us Louisiana and UL. So, I checked their website and it is littered with UL L and Louisiana Lafayette. No Louisiana or UL to be found anywhere, including this article.

igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel02 View Post
    I was hoping that when I saw HoustonCajun replied in this thread that it wouldn't be a post concerning our name. Sadly, I was wrong.
    igeaux.mobi
    Like death and taxes!

igeaux.mobi

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    So Amanda Crabtree leads the nation in ERA (I heard) with a 0.94, and, according to this article, leads the nation in strikeouts per 7 innings (12.3), yet was a 2nd Team All-CUSA pitcher? Wow. Who the hell else is pitching in that conference? And what in the world did they do to be a 1st teamer?

igeaux.mobi
    Crabtree missed a seven-game stretch from late April until mid-May with an undisclosed injury. That likely had something to do with it.

igeaux.mobi

I guess I can see missing some time costing her, but 7 games out of 56? Any idea who was 1st team? And what kind of numbers she/they had? It just seems mind-boggling to me that Crabtree had those kind of numbers and wasn't AT LEAST 1st team all-conference. Especially in CUSA.

igeaux.mobi

10. Default Re: Houston Prepares for Louisiana

East Carolina's Toni Paisley was Conference USA Pitcher of the Year for the third straight season. Set conference career records for strikeouts (1,238), innings pitched (1,038.3), appearances (176) and wins (113). Ranks 23rd in NCAA Division I history in career strikeouts and 27th in victories. Posted a 27-11 record and 1.11 ERA this year. Was third in Division I shutouts (14) and ranked among the top 16 in strikeouts (.344/5th), victories (27/7th), ERA (1.11/8th), hits allowed per seven innings (4.11/14th) and walks allowed per seven innings (1.22/17th).

The other first-team All-CUSA pitcher was Tulsa's Aimee Creger. Had 22 wins, was second nationally in hits allowed per nine innings (2.73), third in ERA (0.83) and 17th in strikeouts per seven innings (9.4).

igeaux.mobi

After new stats were posted, Creger from Tulsa had a 0.79 ERA for #1 in the nation, Crabtree was #4 at 0.94.

Brignac #14
    Texas has Fox at #9 and Luna at #16

Other stats (of the Christi Orgeron variety) aka a National Player of the Year resume:

Avg: #39
    HR/gm: #2 (Bridges #3)
    Total HR: #1 (Bridges #3)
    RBI/gm: #1 (Bridges #2)
    Total RBI: #1 (Bridges #2)
    2B/gm: #11
    3B/gm: #43
    Total 3B: #14
    Slg %: #4 (Bridges #5)
    OBP: #68 (Bridges #9)
    Runs/gm: #1 (Tied with Myers)

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    _ Like death and taxes!

igeaux.mobi _

YEP!

Thanks for the info. How many CUSA teams are in regionals? With that kind of pitching, those teams should have a chance to be competitive in the tourney

igeaux.mobi

The way I look at it these stats tell me that CUSA has terrible hitters in their conference. Just trying to be positive! Those Lady Cajuns are going to show them what real hitters can do tonight! Go Cajuns!

Thread Information