Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Softball fans - welcome to Austin, Texas!

1. UL Softball Softball fans - welcome to Austin, Texas!

Welcome to Austin Ragin Cajun fans! Please visit www.Orangebloodfan.com and check out the Austin Visitors guide for information that may help make your visit more pleasant. You'll find schedules of the tournament, seat guides for the stadium, tips on where to eat, shop and more. If you have any questions for a local fan, please holler!

Congratulations on another winning year!

CLAHookem

UL Softball Re: Softball fans - welcome to Austin, Texas!

Have you heard whether there may be TV or streaming video of the games for those of us who can't attend?

Default Re: Softball fans - welcome to Austin, Texas!

Quote Originally Posted by clahookem View Post
    _ Welcome to Austin Ragin Cajun fans! Please visit www.Orangebloodfan.com and check out the Austin Visitors guide for information that may help make your visit more pleasant. You'll find schedules of the tournament, seat guides for the stadium, tips on where to eat, shop and more. If you have any questions for a local fan, please holler!

Congratulations on another winning year!

CLAHookem _
    Thanks, hookem! Austin is a great place and glad we are headed there. Lafayette has been compared favorably to Austin, as a future Austin-type cultural center. I've visited there a few times, including the UL-UT football game a few years back, and enjoyed the city a great deal. Would love to be there for this event, too, but prolly won't be able to. Appreciate the warm welcome though!

4. Default Re: Softball fans - welcome to Austin, Texas!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    _ Have you heard whether there may be TV or streaming video of the games for those of us who can't attend? _

Have not seen any news of live or video feed as of yet. Gametracker will cover and the UT games will be covered on twitter @texassoftball
    You might check with your softball department as to whether they will be twitter covering. I'll post back if I see anything come available. A lot of this goes out of the university's hands and becomes an NCAA decision. I understand how frustrating it is not to be able to watch the games.

I'm set to go. Just bought two reserved sesat ticket packages.have a spot reserved at LoneStar RV Campground along I-35.with a rent car reserved to get back and forth to the games. And it's our 35th wedding anniversary!

Look forward to the weekend.
    igeaux.mobi

6. Default Re: Softball fans - welcome to Austin, Texas!

Be sure and pack your wet weather gear as we have 40-50% chance thunderstorms and showers. I think policy is no umbrellas but I've seen them inside a few times. There is NO cover over McCombs field seating. There is a convered concourse underneath the seats where concessions and restrooms are located. Seats will likely be wet so bring something dry to sit on. Hmmmcoming from La you probably know a little more about rainy games than we do here in Austin! LOL

You'll find stadium tips and more at www.orangebloodfan.com

7. Default Re: Softball fans - welcome to Austin, Texas!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    _ I'm set to go. Just bought two reserved sesat ticket packages.have a spot reserved at LoneStar RV Campground along I-35.with a rent car reserved to get back and forth to the games. And it's our 35th wedding anniversary!

Look forward to the weekend.
    igeaux.mobi _
    Congrats on your anniversary! You may be familiar with Austin but if not.please note that the traffic on IH-35 is horrendous pretty much all the time as it is filled with 18 wheelers. From your RV park south of town you will have to come across the river and through downtown to get to the stadium (right behind the baseball stadium at IH 35 and MLKing Jr. Blvd east of the highway. Do allow plenty of time to get through the traffic and to find a parking spot. The university will have paid parking areas or you can park on the street if you can find a spot. There are some very good places to eat on Manor Road just north of the stadium and fast food along MLK within a mile of the stadium but not walking distance.

8. Default Re: Softball fans - welcome to Austin, Texas!

Thanks clahookem
    igeaux.mobi

9. Default Re: Softball fans - welcome to Austin, Texas!

_ Be sure and pack your wet weather gear as we have 40-50% chance thunderstorms and showers. I think policy is no umbrellas but I've seen them inside a few times. There is NO cover over McCombs field seating. There is a convered concourse underneath the seats where concessions and restrooms are located. Seats will likely be wet so bring something dry to sit on. Hmmmcoming from La you probably know a little more about rainy games than we do here in Austin! LOL

You'll find stadium tips and more at www.orangebloodfan.com _
    Oh please no---we have to go to this dump of a stadium without over-hang covering of our seats????? Are you kidding me---They shouldn't allow hosting in such cheap venues----a little kidding along with a lot of pride in our S-ball facility!!!! Geaux Cajuns!!!!!!

_ Be sure and pack your wet weather gear as we have 40-50% chance thunderstorms and showers. I think policy is no umbrellas but I've seen them inside a few times. There is NO cover over McCombs field seating. There is a convered concourse underneath the seats where concessions and restrooms are located. Seats will likely be wet so bring something dry to sit on. Hmmmcoming from La you probably know a little more about rainy games than we do here in Austin! LOL

You'll find stadium tips and more at www.orangebloodfan.com _
    No roof? You mean the mighty Longhorns have no cover or roof over and we do?

11. UL Softball Re: Softball fans - welcome to Austin, Texas!

Y'all will just have to suffer with us this weekend.LOL. But don't take any of this rain home with you.we need all we can get!

UL Softball Re: Softball fans - welcome to Austin, Texas!

Y'all will just have to suffer with us this weekend.LOL. But don't take any of this rain home with you.we need all we can get!
    Excess water will be the norm in our neck of the woods for the foreseeable future.

13. This is so COOL Re: Softball fans - welcome to Austin, Texas!

Alright then- every Cajun coming to Austin grab a bucket of water and stop by my garden on your way into town!

Alright then- every Cajun coming to Austin grab a bucket of water and stop by my garden on your way into town!
    I'm sure there's plenty of folks who are dealing with the redirected Mississippi River though the Morganza Spillway and Atchafalaya Basin that would gladly pass on some of the floodwaters your way. Think of the Memphis photos you've seen on TV and add another 10' of water.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    I'm sure there's plenty of folks who are dealing with the redirected Mississippi River though the Morganza Spillway and Atchafalaya Basin that would gladly pass on some of the floodwaters your way. Think of the Memphis photos you've seen on TV and add another 10' of water.
    Ironically we are in a severe drought here in Lafayette and 10 miles East the cows are swimming.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information