Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Softball fans - welcome to Austin, Texas!

1. UL Softball Re: Softball fans - welcome to Austin, Texas!

Quote Originally Posted by clahookem View Post
    _ Alright then- every Cajun coming to Austin grab a bucket of water and stop by my garden on your way into town! _
    We took some back with us when we visited Lafayette this past weekend. Lake Travis is beginning the summer lower than usual and the creeks on my property are dry.

Brian

Default Re: Softball fans - welcome to Austin, Texas!

Quote Originally Posted by clahookem View Post
    Y'all will just have to suffer with us this weekend.LOL. But don't take any of this rain home with you.we need all we can get!
    Yeah to bad we couldn't re-direct the Mississippi down through Lake Travis. Then again it would have just turned into a superfund site based on some of the water samples seen so far.

The NCAA did not do Texas any favors with this field. A very strong two and three seed. And the four seed isn't a cakewalk but shouldn't present a problem for the other three. However would love to see them force you guys into about twelve innings on day one.

3. Default Re: Softball fans - welcome to Austin, Texas!

We've had a few hard knocks with injuries this year but this is a special group of students that we are very proud of. I know we'll leave it all on the field and we certainly see teams rising to the top of their game when they play us. It's gonna be a great weekend!

Doesn't Donna Bourgeois now play for Houston who we play Friday night?

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    _ Doesn't Donna Bourgeois now play for Houston who we play Friday night? _
    Yes.Donna is playing her senior year for Houston

6. Default Re: Softball fans - welcome to Austin, Texas!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    _ I'm set to go. Just bought two reserved sesat ticket packages.have a spot reserved at LoneStar RV Campground along I-35.with a rent car reserved to get back and forth to the games. And it's our 35th wedding anniversary!

Look forward to the weekend.
    igeaux.mobi _
    Red, I'm not sure which route you are taking to Austin but if you go through Columbus and need good Mex food I have a lead for you. Los Cabos is south of the interstate on the left. Their Fajitas Mexicanos is killer. I am one of two Cajun alumni living here. BTW, there is a campground across the street. The restaurant is on hwy 71 just after you cross the Colorado River. Just past this exit is the main bypass to Austin. Also in the little town of Ellinger north of Columbus there is good BBQ at Peters and Kolaches at Hruskas.

UL Softball Re: Softball fans - welcome to Austin, Texas!

Which is the best/fastest route coming from Lafayette Geocajun ?

Quote Originally Posted by tank View Post
    Which is the best/fastest route coming from Lafayette Geocajun ?
    Went to the baseball regional last year, and made real good time taking I-10 west to just past Columbus, TX, and then Hwy 71 straight into Austin. I think we made it in about 6 hours.

9. Default Re: Softball fans - welcome to Austin, Texas!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    _ Went to the baseball regional last year, and made real good time taking I-10 west to just past Columbus, TX, and then Hwy 71 straight into Austin. I think we made it in about 6 hours. _
    i have family in austin and this is the preferred route by all of us

10. UL Softball Re: Softball fans - welcome to Austin, Texas!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    _ Went to the baseball regional last year, and made real good time taking I-10 west to just past Columbus, TX, and then Hwy 71 straight into Austin. I think we made it in about 6 hours. _
    This is the route I always use as well (in and out of Austin to/from the east). Hwy. 71 is good, safe, quality highway. But you must be mindful of your speed (5 over is fine). It is well patrolled. Be particularly careful in the Columbus area. The stretch of 71 heading into and out of Columbus has been nicknamed "the tollroad" (5 over is not fine).

Brian

11. Default Re: Softball fans - welcome to Austin, Texas!

ey brian, what time the party at your place? (smiles)

We're going on I-10.then north on highway 71. We will try to take your advice and try them. Thanks for the tips. We are really looking forward to the tourney and Austin itself.

Red

Quote Originally Posted by geocajun View Post
    Red, I'm not sure which route you are taking to Austin but if you go through Columbus and need good Mex food I have a lead for you. Los Cabos is south of the interstate on the left. Their Fajitas Mexicanos is killer. I am one of two Cajun alumni living here. BTW, there is a campground across the street. The restaurant is on hwy 71 just after you cross the Colorado River. Just past this exit is the main bypass to Austin. Also in the little town of Ellinger north of Columbus there is good BBQ at Peters and Kolaches at Hruskas.

igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    _ We took some back with us when we visited Lafayette this past weekend. Lake Travis is beginning the summer lower than usual and the creeks on my property are dry.

Brian _
    Lake TravisGOOD TIMES!!!

14. Ragin' Cajuns Re: Softball fans - welcome to Austin, Texas!

Do you have any idea where the Media/Press checkin might be?

15. This is so COOL Re: Softball fans - welcome to Austin, Texas!

McCombs is not a big place.LOL.but player/guest passes for regular season is on the west side entrance to your left as you face the ticket windows, close to the batting cages. I'm sure they'll have someone on hand outside of game days to help you. All the athletic offices are under the football stadium west side if you don't find what you need at McCombs.

More importantly, men's bathroom on the west.women's bathroom on the east.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information