Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: NCAA Softball Regionals

Default Re: NCAA Softball Regionals

But as someone just said, the RPI slate has been wiped clean.and we can now prove the experts wrong.

igeaux.mobi

2. UL Softball Re: NCAA Softball Regionals

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    So the answer is to prove it on the field.beating quality teams. If we had done that, our RPI ranking, although based on a flawed system, would have been much higher.and I probably wouldn't be having to drive to Austin Friday morning.(as per GoneGolfin).
    No. The Cajuns did enough of that (winning on the field). What they missed was scheduling better. And scheduling better does not mean bringing in higher RPI teams or better teams for that matter. It means scheduling smarter.

Meanwhile, the point I am trying to make does not entail looking back on this year and anguishing over what may have been lost. I am making these points such that hopefully we can do better in the future.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    _ No. The Cajuns did enough of that (winning on the field). What they missed was scheduling better. And scheduling better does not mean bringing in higher RPI teams or better teams for that matter. It means scheduling smarter.

Meanwhile, the point I am trying to make does not entail looking back on this year and anguishing over what may have been lost. I am making these points such that hopefully we can do better in the future.

Brian _
    Wait! . A forward-thinking Cajun fan! Will wonders never cease??? LOL

4. Default Re: NCAA Softball Regionals

_ So the answer is to prove it on the field.beating quality teams. If we had done that, our RPI ranking, although based on a flawed system, would have been much higher.and I probably wouldn't be having to drive to Austin Friday morning.(as per GoneGolfin).

igeaux.mobi _
    Even at the end of the season -looking back- utter domination (even if expected) should not be totally ignored.

14 - 0 (W) 5 inn.
    20 - 0 (W) 5 inn.
    14 - 1 (W) 5 inn.
    28 - 0 (W) 5 inn.

A better system would be "Did you do, what you should have done, based on who you played?"

But Turb.I saw those games. I felt like we were playing Kaplan, Ville Platte, Lil Holy Christian Academy and Fatima Elementary. Athough it was fun at the time to see all the bombs and runs scored, I had a feeling those wins were pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Even at the end of the season -looking back- utter domination (even if expected) should not be totally ignored.

14 - 0 (W) 5 inn.
    20 - 0 (W) 5 inn.
    14 - 1 (W) 5 inn.
    28 - 0 (W) 5 inn.

A better system would be "Did you do, what you should have done, based on who you played?"

igeaux.mobi

6. Default Re: NCAA Softball Regionals

_ But Turb.I saw those games. I felt like we were playing Kaplan, Ville Platte, Lil Holy Christian Academy and Fatima Elementary. Athough it was fun at the time to see all the bombs and runs scored, I had a feeling those wins were pointless.

igeaux.mobi _
    Judged simply as a W/L yes. (hello RPI)

Wins like that should be judged on stats, and did you do what you were supposed to do.

Judged simply as a W/L yes. (hello RPI)

Wins like that should be judged on stats, and did you do what you were supposed to do.
    Point taken.

I know it shouldn't be the way it is.but it is. We are not Arizona or Washington or UCLA. We CANNOT hand the powers that be ANY reasons to discount our worthiness. Wins such as those is why a team with 6 or 8 fewer wins will get the nod over us.and it doesn't help that, in addition, our RPI is lower.

igeaux.mobi

your show prep was one of the hi-lite's of the show to me

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    are you left or right eye dominant or possibly cross dominant????
    ps. crisscrossed dominant

Quote Originally Posted by snote View Post
    _ your show prep was one of the hi-lite's of the show to me

ps. crisscrossed dominant _
    That's what I was thinking! (grins & chuckles)

10. Default Re: NCAA Softball Regionals

On a basic leval UL was penalized for playing to many games.

igeaux.mobi

_ On a basic leval UL was penalized for playing to many games.

igeaux.mobi _
    No - we were penalized for not scheduling smarter!

Quote Originally Posted by RaginFan2 View Post
    _ No - we were penalized for not scheduling smarter! _
    And we weren't any better last season #23 RPI. No matter how times it's repeated the end results are similar to seeding teams. Third team in at 23 RPI and third team in at #38 RPI. The end result is the same, to continue to argue that what is very clear evidence in my book is illogical. The process is flawed and its not just UL.

13. Default Re: NCAA Softball Regionals

I found this site that you might want to check this out tomorrow to see if you can catch video of the Cajuns.

"This free website allows fans of all college sports to look up -- and connect to -- whatever Internet coverage is available for their favorite teams on a given day, whether it be by video, audio, or gametracker."

http://lateralsports.com/home/conference/89/?s=26

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCherokee View Post
    _ I found this site that you might want to check this out tomorrow to see if you can catch video of the Cajuns.

"This free website allows fans of all college sports to look up -- and connect to -- whatever Internet coverage is available for their favorite teams on a given day, whether it be by video, audio, or gametracker."

http://lateralsports.com/home/conference/89/?s=26 _
    There shouldnt be a need for an outside site. The NCAA and UT site have mentioned free video. Many of the regionals will have free web broadcast, certainly none will be pay per view.

15. Default Re: NCAA Softball Regionals

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    _ There shouldnt be a need for an outside site. The NCAA and UT site have mentioned free video. Many of the regionals will have free web broadcast, certainly none will be pay per view. _
    i think the value the OP is referring to is having all the video links in one place, and not having to search each regional site to watch different games. further, the NCAA site doesn't have any links to audio, so it appears this site is the only one with video, audio, and live stats links for every game

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information