Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: NCAA Softball Regionals

1. Default Re: NCAA Softball Regionals

Quote Originally Posted by snote View Post
    _ Michael Lotief to be a guest on the sportsnote Tuesday if anyone has any questions 11-12p _
    If We win the regional and Tenn wins is the super Reg automatically in Tenn???? What if they lose??? Damn do I get payed for show prep????

Default Re: NCAA Softball Regionals

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    _ If We win the regional and Tenn wins is the super Reg automatically in Tenn???? What if they lose??? Damn do I get payed for show prep???? _
    Thats an easy one. Tennessee gets the Supers. We'd only have a shot if we won and someone besides Tenn won.

3. Default Re: NCAA Softball Regionals

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    _ Thats an easy one. Tennessee gets the Supers. We'd only have a shot if we won and someone besides Tenn won. _
    That sucks that someone would get to host a Regional and a Super. Could be worse, I guess. We could be #13 Oregon and have to travel across the country to play at a 29-22 Penn State.

Quote Originally Posted by HebertTommy View Post
    _ That sucks that someone would get to host a Regional and a Super. Could be worse, I guess. We could be #13 Oregon and have to travel across the country to play at a 29-22 Penn State. _
    Higher seeds get rewarded. If Arizona State wins their regional, they (rightly) get to host their super-regional and the same for all other national seeds. The 9-16 seeds are still ranked higher than any team not hosting this weekend. This isnt high school football where we are trying to let everyone travel equal amounts or let all teams have a home game. Best teams earned the right to host (for the most part.)

_ That sucks that someone would get to host a Regional and a Super. Could be worse, I guess. We could be #13 Oregon and have to travel across the country to play at a 29-22 Penn State. _
    Why does it suck that someone gets to host a regional and a super regional? Isn't that the point of being a top 8 national seed?

6. Default Re: NCAA Softball Regionals

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel02 View Post
    _ Why does it suck that someone gets to host a regional and a super regional? Isn't that the point of being a top 8 national seed? _
    Let me clarify: It sucks for us. If we were in Tennessee's shoes, I would not be complaining.

All RPI, strength of schedule crap aside, we still have a better record than them.

_ Let me clarify: It sucks for us. If we were in Tennessee's shoes, I would not be complaining.

All RPI, strength of schedule crap aside, we still have a better record than them. _
    We also played some really bad teams this year. I think they've earned a national seed more than us based on resume. I dont think they are necessarily better than us, but that goes for just about all hosting teams.

8. Default Re: NCAA Softball Regionals

_ We also played some really bad teams this year. I think they've earned a national seed more than us based on resume. I dont think they are necessarily better than us, but that goes for just about all hosting teams. _
    I'm definitely not trying to take anything away from Tennessee. They've earned the right to host a Regional and a Super. My major beef is with our pairing in the bracket, which almost 95% eliminates our chance of hosting a Super.

I have a feeling even if Tennessee loses this weekend, we still won't host unless Liberty pulls a miracle.

9. Default Re: NCAA Softball Regionals

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    _Damn do I get payed for show prep???? _
    yes sir you have gone from a 3-Star to a 4-Star in the sportsnote rating system (smiles)

10. Default Re: NCAA Softball Regionals

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    _ Yes.it is at 4:00.

Problem I am now having.we had planned to drive over in the RV.but Texas baseball is hosting Texas A&M this weekend, so their parking lot is probably already all reserved camper wise. This just makes the weekend a bit more challenging. _
    Also, Saturday is commencement ceremonies at UT so crowds will be large. Bright note is that due to the graduation, parking in UT lots if you can find it will be free. You can see more at the Regional official site http://www.texassports.com/sports/w-.q_v=40cf1172eb

_ We also played some really bad teams this year. I think they've earned a national seed more than us based on resume. I dont think they are necessarily better than us, but that goes for just about all hosting teams. _
    Here is reality on this situation.

Had we not won the conference tournament, I THINK we would have been in.

But I cannot absolutely guarantee that we would have.

Our strength of schedule (roughly 166) is at least sixty points worse than any team that made it into the tournament as an at-large.

Some are saying we should have been seeded higher.

I'm just glad we won the tournament. I would not have been taking anything for granted had we not.

But that's the problem. You CAN'T put SOS and RPI aside. It's a fact that our conference isn't terribly strong (although much improved).and if we then play too many sucky opponents, where a win is almost meaningless, we can't then complain that our 49 wins aren't respected enough.

That's just reality.

Let me clarify: It sucks for us. If we were in Tennessee's shoes, I would not be complaining.

All RPI, strength of schedule crap aside, we still have a better record than them.

igeaux.mobi

13. Default Re: NCAA Softball Regionals

Quote Originally Posted by snote View Post
    _ yes sir you have gone from a 3-Star to a 4-Star in the sportsnote rating system (smiles) _
    Young Billy --happened to hear a little bit of the show --it fuzzed out in South A-ville---Your question about the match ups of the Cajun hitters and who the Cougs might choose to throw was to me the high-lite of the show with Male Lotief's answer!!!! Don't know enough about it but I guess the theoretical thoughts of who better to win against an array of slappers and maybe the 2 best hitters in the US are very interesting---U Geaux Girls!!!! BTW are you left or right eye dominant or possibly cross dominant????

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    But that's the problem. You CAN'T put SOS and RPI aside. It's a fact that our conference isn't terribly strong (although much improved).and if we then play too many sucky opponents, where a win is almost meaningless, we can't then complain that our 49 wins aren't respected enough.

That's just reality.
    igeaux.mobi
    That is the flaw in the RPI.

The Coors Light pro team at its best, playing the same schedule as the Lady Cajuns would still be the very best softball team in the country. Yet unless you told the ranking system the real facts, the team wouldn't scratch the top ten.

That's OK. Time to wipe th RPI slate clean.
    igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    That is the flaw in the RPI.

The Coors Light pro team at its best, playing the same schedule as the Lady Cajuns would still be the very best softball team in the country. Yet unless you told the ranking system the real facts, the team wouldn't scratch the top ten.

That's OK. Time to wipe th RPI slate clean.
    igeaux.mobi
    So the answer is to prove it on the field.beating quality teams. If we had done that, our RPI ranking, although based on a flawed system, would have been much higher.and I probably wouldn't be having to drive to Austin Friday morning.(as per GoneGolfin).

igeaux.mobi

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information