Thread: NCAA Softball Regionals

Default Re: NCAA Softball Regionals

Quote Originally Posted by Mineshaft View Post
    _ How the ____ does Penn St get to host at 27-22? _
    The world may never know.

ESPNU showing the Cajuns and Houston

3. Default Re: NCAA Softball Regionals

I missed the show. Did they talk about us at all? Or just mention the placement?

Quote Originally Posted by Mineshaft View Post
    _ How the ____ does Penn St get to host at 27-22? _
    It's cheaper for Fordham & Albany to drive to Pennsylvania than for all three to fly to Oregon.

How do I get tickets?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunsHat View Post
    _ Could we possibly see brignac vs Donna B matchup??

igeaux.mobi _
    If I had to guess, no. I think Houston will throw Crabtree against the Cajuns.

7. Default Re: NCAA Softball Regionals

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRagin88 View Post
    _ The world may never know. _
    This is a continual effort by the NCAAs to try and get a Northern presence in Softball----TAAAAWWWEEEAKKKK!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCherokee View Post
    I missed the show. Did they talk about us at all? Or just mention the placement?

They didn't say a thing about us or the fact that we have the 2 best hitters in the nation.hopefully we can how the nation what a Cajuns team can do!

igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    _ This is a continual effort by the NCAAs to try and get a Northern presence in Softball----TAAAAWWWEEEAKKKK!!!!! _
    The NCAA tries to spread around the regions geographically. Only one regional in California this year, when there used to be a half dozen every year. I don't think it's necessarily a "northern" thing. Penn State has a brand new field (debuted this year) and has the facility to host an event.

If anything, the NCAA is dying to get an SEC team to win the whole thing, since the "northern" teams have already established their presence in softball (Michigan won it in 2005). SEC still looking for their first title.

Good luck in Austin. That will be a tough field. Yes, it will be interesting to see who Houston pitches against UL. Houston defeated LSU twice this year in the Houston tournament, yet LSU defeated Texas so I look for all the games to be pretty competitive.

It wouldn't surprise me if Donna pitches vs UL. Donna would probably be more motivated and if Houston won, they would have a fresh Crabtree to go against Texas. If Houston losses, they could still pitch Donna against the 4th seed and still have a fresh Crabtree.

Quote Originally Posted by LSUalum1 View Post
    _ Good luck in Austin. That will be a tough field. Yes, it will be interesting to see who Houston pitches against UL. Houston defeated LSU twice this year in the Houston tournament, yet LSU defeated Texas so I look for all the games to be pretty competitive.

It wouldn't surprise me if Donna pitches vs UL. Donna would probably be more motivated and if Houston won, they would have a fresh Crabtree to go against Texas. If Houston losses, they could still pitch Donna against the 4th seed and still have a fresh Crabtree. _
    Crabtree will get the nod against the Cajuns. When healthy, she has been dominate this year with 314 SO and a .94 ERA.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    Wellfilling up the RV.and the wife and I are headed to AUSTIN!

They were my first guess.

igeaux.mobi
    Filling up the Tahoe and driving 20 miles south, or walking across the street if we play one Friday. Finally got lucky.

igeaux.mobi

Someone talk to me about how this pairing is good/bad for the Lady Cajuns. Gimme the scoop of if we should win this regional or not.

Well, we are matched up with the #3 national seed and a good UH team. Not the best pairing in the tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    _ Someone talk to me about how this pairing is good/bad for the Lady Cajuns. Gimme the scoop of if we should win this regional or not. _
    Yes, we should! All we have to do is beat the pitcher with the best ERA in the nation and the #3 national seed. Piece of cake! Knoxville, here we come!

Seriously though, this is a tough regional, but one I think we have a chance in. If our team plays like they have been lately, they have a real shot at winning this regional.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 . LastLast

Thread Information