Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Softball final

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Softball final

This was a great revenge game with an awesome crowd. Geaux Cajuns! I'll have to wait until tomorrow to know my plans for next weekend.

Default Re: Softball final

Christi Orgeron in the SBC Tourney:

4 games
    7 for 13
    2 2B
    3 HR
    13 RBI

She leads the nation in a lot of categories
    igeaux.mobi

UL Softball Re: Softball final

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    _ By the way there were over 1500 in attendance for today's final game. The great majority of college baseball teams do not attract that type of crowd. For those who have not been to the renovated Lamson, I suggest you do next season. It is a great venue and will help elevate this program even further. _
    Mike, thanks for coming out this weekend to watch some great softball. I'd also like to thank all those new fans that came out this weekend. We look forward to you returning to Lamson Park next year. Hopefully by that time the construction will be completed.
    I really like our fan-friendly new ball park. The best venue to enjoy softball in the state.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    _ I was told at the game today that all of the umpires who called the series at FAU were suspended by the conference for the remainder of the season. Reason is they were so obviously biased in favor of the OWLS that weekend that the conference office had no choice but to make that decision when they saw the film. In the post game today, Christi Orgeron said they were confident they would be successful today in a fair game. That must be a reference to that weekend at FAU. By the way there were over 1500 in attendance for today's final game. The great majority of college baseball teams do not attract that type of crowd. For those who have not been to the renovated Lamson, I suggest you do next season. It is a great venue and will help elevate this program even further. _
    That sounds kind of sketchy because news like that would have gotten around the softball world in a New York minute. Not that I don't believe you, just this is the first time I've heard that and something that big doesn't exactly stay under wraps.

Watching the Cajuns get revenge yesterday was sweet though.

Really, how big is the softball world? Does word of mouth really travel that much for something like that? Asking in all honestly. I could understand college football, but it's not like there's 20 mins discussion on sportscenter about a situation in softball like there would be for a bigger sport.

igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    _ Really, how big is the softball world? Does word of mouth really travel that much for something like that? Asking in all honestly. I could understand college football, but it's not like there's 20 mins discussion on sportscenter about a situation in softball like there would be for a bigger sport.

igeaux.mobi _
    I'm not going to spend the time to go do this, but I'm pretty sure the claim can be verified pretty easily. The umpire crew is listed in every box score.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRagin88 View Post
    _ That sounds kind of sketchy because news like that would have gotten around the softball world in a New York minute. Not that I don't believe you, just this is the first time I've heard that and something that big doesn't exactly stay under wraps.

Watching the Cajuns get revenge yesterday was sweet though. _
    NO you would not, the conference doesn't release information on disciplinary action of officials.

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    _ Really, how big is the softball world? Does word of mouth really travel that much for something like that? Asking in all honestly. I could understand college football, but it's not like there's 20 mins discussion on sportscenter about a situation in softball like there would be for a bigger sport.

igeaux.mobi _
    Mostly just various forums dedicated to softball at the collegiate, national, and worldwide level. The Cajuns are a well known name and it was quite the stunner when FAU swept them. When there has been a case of bad ump'ing or umps getting suspended, regardless of conference, word about it spreads really quick on those forums.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    _ NO you would not, the conference doesn't release information on disciplinary action of officials. _
    We both know official releases of information for a slew of issues in sports are never made, yet still come to public knowledge easily. Suspending an entire crew for the remainder of the season wouldn't stay off the radar no matter how hard the conference could try.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRagin88 View Post
    _ Mostly just various forums dedicated to softball at the collegiate, national, and worldwide level. The Cajuns are a well known name and it was quite the stunner when FAU swept them. When there has been a case of bad ump'ing or umps getting suspended, regardless of conference, word about it spreads really quick on those forums.

We both know official releases of information for a slew of issues in sports are never made, yet still come to public knowledge easily. Suspending an entire crew for the remainder of the season wouldn't stay off the radar no matter how hard the conference could try. _
    Just say it. Cajun T is lying.

Dont dance around the issue.

Z

Not saying he is lying, simply saying we all know how things go with conferences not releasing information or making official statements for things we know happened. I was just stunned that if a crew was indeed suspended for the remainder of the season, that word is just now going around about it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information