Page 46 of 63 FirstFirst . 36 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 56 . LastLast

Thread: Campus Construction

1. Default Re: Campus Construction

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    This thread was started by me on Jan 6, 2011. Damn seems like yesterday.
    ---Well you forced my curiosity and all should go back to see Fun's post on T-Joe and the Regents and your photos of the beginning demo---WOW!!!

Default Re: Campus Construction

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    This thread was started by me on Jan 6, 2011. Damn seems like yesterday.
    No joke. I'm having fun reviewing the whole thread.things like this cool video of the whole new dorm plan that I never saw before:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xeh9dKUAArQ

Kind of looks like they are starting to work on turning area where the old 'eye-sore' buildings were into a green space. They have extended the Walk of Honor on the Union side of Boucher, but.although hard to see in this pic.they have also roped off the entire area from the lake to Boucher to the U to Hebrard and there are lots of survey flags throughout that space.
    I haven't seen what the plans are for this area, except we were told that they will incorporate the old Guillory Hall balcony into a stage of some sort.
    Helmut: you seem to be the man in the know for this kind of thinghave you heard anything about this project getting started?

Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    Kind of looks like they are starting to work on turning area where the old 'eye-sore' buildings were into a green space. They have extended the Walk of Honor on the Union side of Boucher, but.although hard to see in this pic.they have also roped off the entire area from the lake to Boucher to the U to Hebrard and there are lots of survey flags throughout that space.
    I haven't seen what the plans are for this area, except we were told that they will incorporate the old Guillory Hall balcony into a stage of some sort.
    Helmut: you seem to be the man in the know for this kind of thinghave you heard anything about this project getting started?
    No I have not. I offered to do work for this project as a donation but I guess they didn't need my services.

They are still wrapping up work on the 'Walk of Honor.'

The first pic is the continuation of the WoH outside of the quad; this is the sidewalk from Martin Hall, along side T Joe's house, heading towards Hebrard Blvd. There isn't a marker yet denoting the year, but I think it starts with the 2004 grads.
    When the Cox building is torn down and a quad is built at the athletic complex in its place, connect it to the main campus by building a smaller version of the on-campus quad with fountain and FDL and brick the area with an athletic Walk of Honor. Start with football at that spot and do the same at each facility for each sport.

Well, I was lucky enough to speak to Bill Christ about the plans for the new green space that is going up where Guillory Hall was located. I appreciate him taking a few minutes out of his busy day to talk to me about this
    Here are few of the highlights i laws told:
    1) The name of it is "Cypress Lake Plaza," and it will go up pretty quickly; it should be finished in ~3 months.
    2) They are leaving the Guillory Hall deck in tact (like we were told) and will be incorporating and expanding the remnants of the building itself into a stage.
    3) The stage will have a built in podium, facing Boucher. There will also be trellises on it, like they have in front of the new U.
    4) Right below the stadium will be a circular plaza, very much like in the quad, with a FDL built into the floor, and seating around it.
    5) The green space will actually be an amphitheater, with berms around it facing the stage/lake. We can assume that adequate drainage is planned for, lol.
    6) Just today they got approval from the state agency to build a piernot a bridge, a pieracross the lake. It will go about half way, but is not part of this phase.

He also shared some renderings with me.

First up, the site plan:

Looking towards the lake: notice the steps leading up to the amphitheater and the signage for the plaza.

Looking towards the Rose Garden: notice the podium, amphitheater, etc.

Looking towards the Rose Garden: notice the podium, amphitheater, etc.
    Looks a lot better than the old parking and transit building

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Looks a lot better than the old parking and transit building
    I'm wondering if they're going to take down the pine trees.

I'm wondering if they're going to take down the pine trees.
    I always thought pine trees were an eyesore.I would be ok with replacing them with oaks & magnolias.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    I always thought pine trees were an eyesore.I would be ok with replacing them with oaks & magnolias.
    Agree. They belong on the campus of those northern technical schools.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Agree. They belong on the campus of those northern technical schools.
    I couldnot agree more.Acadiana = magnolia, cypress, oak, pecan.but not pine.

I couldnot agree more.Acadiana = magnolia, cypress, oak, pecan.but not pine.
    Unless the pines are around a baseball field.

Quote Originally Posted by Bankruptcyman View Post
    Unless the pines are around a baseball field.
    No doubt.Oaks would be cool like softball but in the case for baseball it works.

Page 46 of 63 FirstFirst . 36 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 56 . LastLast

Thread Information