Page 43 of 63 FirstFirst . 33 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 53 . LastLast

Thread: Campus Construction

Default Re: Campus Construction

They are scheduled to demolish Guillory Hall along with the deck.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    Thats expected, bad news. Thanks for your reply.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    With space at such a premium on campus it's probably necessary. I could see them adding another classroom building in that area in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    With space at such a premium on campus it's probably necessary. I could see them adding another classroom building in that area in the future.
    Well, there is another building allotted for at the corner of Hebrard and Boucher, but that would not disallow keeping the present deck over the lake, or building a new one. As Helmut statedit is a very popular, beautiful spot on campus, and should be kept/replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns_fan View Post
    Well, there is another building allotted for at the corner of Hebrard and Boucher, but that would not disallow keeping the present deck over the lake, or building a new one. As Helmut statedit is a very popular, beautiful spot on campus, and should be kept/replaced.
    Are there concrete plans in place for this building? Once they tear down all 3 buildings there will be enough room there to build Maxim-Doucet sized building, if not something bigger.

I would think the architects involved with the new building would be smart enough to integrate the lake into the plans for the new building.

Here is view of what they plan on doing in that area in the future

Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns_fan View Post
    Yes, but my thing is the fence is very unattractiveI wish we would do things right and continue the wall all the way around. This area is waaaay too important/visible (and will be even more so after construction is complete) to do things in a shoddy fashion.
    Agreed, and after tearing down the next 2 buildings by the Swamp, expand the swamp and the retaining wall and plant some new Cypress Trees in the enlarged area!

8. Default Re: Campus Construction

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun View Post
    Agreed, and after tearing down the next 2 buildings by the Swamp, expand the swamp and the retaining wall and plant some new Cypress Trees in the enlarged area!
    ---Maybe over the expanded lake area we could put a NO city park type bridge---very cool!!!

Helmut could design and build it! Frenchie could take pics!

It seems the work around the chillers and inbetween Wharton and Burke-Hawthorne is complete. These are two views from St Mary, looking towards the swamp. I wish they would have made some of the sidewalks wider, but overall I think it looks great, and it is a nice area

Views looking towards St Mary, with the swamp behind me

Looking good, thanks for the pics Cajuns_fan!

The wall in front of Martin Hall is really taking shape, and will be a fantastic addition to campus, IMHO

I do not think they could make the sidewalks wider because of the live oaks, digging into their root system just a little can kill them. Again thanks for all of the pictures and updates.

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    I do not think they could make the sidewalks wider because of the live oaks, digging into their root system just a little can kill them. Again thanks for all of the pictures and updates.
    Kind of thought that might play into it. But also, there are several utilities involved, and I know moving them would probably be a big expense

Page 43 of 63 FirstFirst . 33 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 53 . LastLast

Thread Information