Page 62 of 63 FirstFirst . 52 59 60 61 62 63 LastLast

Thread: Campus Construction

Default Re: Campus Construction

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    They also ran out of money and had to leave the roof off of the middle of the building. So they had all the doors, walls and floors designed as interior materials but they were outside. It was and still is a cluster.

They eventually put a roof on it but only after some pretty severe damage to the building.
    Actually, they did not put a roof over the courtyard, but they did change all the doors, etc. from interior to exterior to better withstand being exposed to the elements.

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    Actually, they did not put a roof over the courtyard, but they did change all the doors, etc. from interior to exterior to better withstand being exposed to the elements.
    I take that back, if I remember correctly, they enclosed all the corridors around the courtyard with glass, so that the interior spaces are no longer open to the elements.

You know, the discussions of the Quad area reminded me of one of my favorite pics of the school that I thought I would share: an aerial photo from circa 1939 showing a good bit of the then campus, and especially the Quad being built. In the pic Broussard, Stephens and Mouton are being constructed, and there is still what was the men dorms called the “Barracks” where Doucet will eventually be built. Also, no Arcade yet.

Other points of interest in the pic:

1. The “Dining Hall/Grand Stand” which was the boundary of the Quad for many years. Also Brown Ayres, the old Art/Architecture building is where Moody Hall is now located.
    2. Cypress Grove, not Cypress Lake.
    3. The old “Southwestern Field” in the same location of the current U; also, the old “Southwestern” sign currently hanging above EKL Gym was originally from the gym that used to be next to SW Field, where McLaughlin Gym is now.
    4. EKL gym is just recently completed, and looking pretty lonely lol
    5. The Heymann House, now the Alumni house, is also very new, and is bordered by Girard Woods, not Girard Park.

I guess I like the pic because it gives a very good view of how far we (UL and Lafayette) have come in a relatively short period of time.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Gator Gate Done

They have completed all the new gating around cypress lake, including the ‘gator gate’ which will give access to lake for eqpt, etc.

And the trees were looking especially good this morning…they have really cleaned up the area nearest Hebrard.

Went by the new Red Zone today and it is very nice. Parking is easy and the selection ( in all sizes) are great. There were a bunch of people there this morning when I went, and I hope everyone gets a chance to stop by soon.
    Just FYI: entry is not on the Johnston st side, head for the oak tree in the middle of the parking lot.

Gator Gate Done

They have completed all the new gating around cypress lake, including the ‘gator gate’ which will give access to lake for eqpt, etc.

And the trees were looking especially good this morning…they have really cleaned up the area nearest Hebrard.

Very nice photos.

Went by the new Red Zone today and it is very nice. Parking is easy and the selection ( in all sizes) are great. There were a bunch of people there this morning when I went, and I hope everyone gets a chance to stop by soon.
    Just FYI: entry is not on the Johnston st side, head for the oak tree in the middle of the parking lot.
    I was very impressed with the new store. Now they just need to get the rest of their inventory. Really needed the doggie jerseys but they didnt have my pups size, they also didnt have any jerseys which is what my wife was looking for

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    I was very impressed with the new store. Now they just need to get the rest of their inventory. Really needed the doggie jerseys but they didnt have my pups size, they also didnt have any jerseys which is what my wife was looking for
    I only wanted t-shirts, one long sleeve and they had exactly what I needed. I looked quickly at the fancier polo’s but didn’t have time for a long shopping trip. It was grab and go.

We are 3 games into our season. How do they not have full inventory?

10. Default Re: Campus Construction

Be nice if they had an actual road side sign for the store. But I guess that’ll come later.

Thanks for the 39 pic. That was my Dads Jr year.

12. Default Re: Campus Construction

I only wanted t-shirts, one long sleeve and they had exactly what I needed. I looked quickly at the fancier polo’s but didn’t have time for a long shopping trip. It was grab and go.
    How cool to have a Grab and Go location

With the new buildings, new parking, and nicely done brickwork within the side walk, why do you think they went with wooden stairs? Screams cheap to me. Why not spend another few grand and put in a nice wide bricked staircase?

Oh, and the trash needs to be emptied!!

Probably temporary. Patience.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Probably temporary. Patience.
    I sure hope so. I thought the entire project was complete. That’s what I get for assuming. On another note, is that black metal fence as straight as an arrow?

Page 62 of 63 FirstFirst . 52 59 60 61 62 63 LastLast

Thread Information