Page 51 of 63 FirstFirst . 41 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 61 . LastLast

Thread: Campus Construction

Default Re: Campus Construction

Thanks for the pics. Been meaning to drive by for a first hand look. Is there a bioswale in the green space?

2. Default Re: Campus Construction

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Thanks for the pics. Been meaning to drive by for a first hand look. Is there a bioswale in the green space?
    Talked to T-Joe and I along with others offered congrats on the campus lookhe said it was. Getting there but more to dojust think how bad it was!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Well, not sure but I think so: in the space between the pine trees and Hebrard (where Corona Hallor was that one Olivier????used to be) is now a valley-like depression for drainage. Either that, or it left a hole when hell swallowed up the old 'eye-sore' buildings. ;-)
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    This is a view from Buchanan taken right before the construction was completed, and that was posted on the UL Housing FB page.
    Thanks for the pictures. The campus is really looking great. Need to do the same thing at the athletic campus that is sorely in need of a beautification project.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Thanks for the pictures. The campus is really looking great. Need to do the same thing at the athletic campus that is sorely in need of a beautification project.
    No problem. And here's one more: a picture of what the corner of Hebrard and Boucher used to look like, when the 'new' student union was just completed in 1957 to replace the 'old' one, Bittle Hall.

Also note that the street lights in the vintage photo are basically the same ones that have now replaced the modern ones that were put in during the 1960's.

We need to pass some sort of proclamation.

There shall be no pine trees anywhere on campus.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    We need to pass some sort of proclamation.

There shall be no pine trees anywhere on campus.
    Heard that! Pines are the worst!

Man it looks like parking has always been scarce on campus going back over 60 years.

Quote Originally Posted by FacelessBuffoon View Post
    You are correct. I was by there the other day and if I were Franks / Mosing family who paid for the naming rights to the APC, I'd be p_____ed as half of the name is blocked by that eyesore.
    Maggard is flipping is leaning more towards demolishing the cox building

It would be the biggest eye sore if that building was not torn down.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    3-4 years is at least a decade faster than I actually believed it could happen.
    Let's see, that would make me 84 or 85. I hung around for Russo Park so just maybe I can hopefully sit in the new renovated Cajun Field.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    It would be the biggest eye sore if that building was not torn down.
    Yep.that one and the maintenance shed too. They both ruin the views of the two buildings that we've spent so much money on, the APC and the Tigue.

And looking at the new Cypress Lake Plaza makes me you more easily imagine how great a new green space the new Champions Plaza will be.

Here are some pics from June 30th, 2018 of the new construction where youth park, and the UL merchandise location used to be.

Hopefully there are plans to bulldoze the old car lot and old mcdonalds/goodwill store.

Plans are to move the UL merch store to the corner of Cajundome Blvd and Johnston st which is basically the corner of Blackham colisium. They already moved the trailer which it looks like they split into 5 sections. Hopefully they won't make that eye sore a permanent location.

Page 51 of 63 FirstFirst . 41 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 61 . LastLast

Thread Information