Page 49 of 63 FirstFirst . 39 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 59 . LastLast

Thread: Campus Construction

Default Re: Campus Construction

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    Yeah, that's the one Bill Crist had sent me, and that I posted here (#681.)
    Funny thing is, when they did an article recently on this the only pic was of a bulldozer, lol. So I added the same pics that I posted here in the comments.
    Lo and behold they deleted that article, and then re-posted itwith all my pics attached to the article.
    If you have contact with Mr. Crist, you may want to ask him to remove their project status update document from the website as the last update was in 2014.

http://facilities.louisiana.edu/serv.ility-planning

And the link at the bottom of the page.
    http://facilities.louisiana.edu/site.20Status_0.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    If you have contact with Mr. Crist, you may want to ask him to remove their project status update document from the website as the last update was in 2014.

http://facilities.louisiana.edu/serv.ility-planning

And the link at the bottom of the page.
    http://facilities.louisiana.edu/site.20Status_0.pdf
    Sorry.no real connection with him.I had just emailed him for pics when I saw they were starting construction on the plaza. He's a real busy guy, so I'm not gonna push my luck.

A few more progress pics of the new greenspace

Attached Images Attached Images            

And Bittle Hall: not only are the UP getting all of the space, after sharing a small portion of the building with the P.O., but it looks like they are about doubling its size

5. Default Re: Campus Construction

Thanks, I was wondering about this last week.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Campus Construction

thanks for the update and the pics, lcf.

Anyone know what they are doing in the far corner of the research park along eraste landry?

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Anyone know what they are doing in the far corner of the research park along eraste landry?
    A solar farm.

http://www.theadvertiser.com/story/n.oon/692952001/

And I forgot one: another shot of how nicely the landscaping around the new U is coming along. This is along Boucher, with the new Freshman dorms to the left. Those new dorms and the new U worked so well the only issue is that there is not enough space for incoming freshman to move into them.

More updates on the progress of the new green space:

Top: looking toward the Ulooks like some of the last concrete to be poured.
    Middle: from Buchanan, looking toward the lake.
    Bottom: the entrance, with the newly poured steps.

More pics, showing the new stage. Looks great.

And a pic of Bittle. Doesn't look like they did a very good job of matching the bricks, imho.

Update on the green space project.

The main campus looks really good, like a major university should look like.

Now, attention needs to be paid to the athletic complex. Our facilities are very nice on the inside, but the exterior needs a lot of work from landscaping to cleaning/pressure washing buildings and walls, and even parking lots (I'm not even talking about the press box). The Cox Building needs a cleanup if it will be a couple of years until it is either leveled or expanded. We've got new buildings with no landscaping. Signage on buildings like the IPC are faded with old logos. We have nice facilities that are poorly showcased making an overall poor first impression to any visitors. Why do we need a chain fence around the football complex? Looks terrible. Match the main campus and greatly improve the athletic complex appearance and perception.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    The main campus looks really good, like a major university should look like.

Now, attention needs to be paid to the athletic complex. Our facilities are very nice on the inside, but the exterior needs a lot of work from landscaping to cleaning/pressure washing buildings and walls, and even parking lots (I'm not even talking about the press box). The Cox Building needs a cleanup if it will be a couple of years until it is either leveled or expanded. We've got new buildings with no landscaping. Signage on buildings like the IPC are faded with old logos. We have nice facilities that are poorly showcased making an overall poor first impression to any visitors. Why do we need a chain fence around the football complex? Looks terrible. Match the main campus and greatly improve the athletic complex appearance and perception.
    I heard a while back maybe maggard said we might keep cox building? why aren't we leveling it and creating the victory garden like in the master plan?

Page 49 of 63 FirstFirst . 39 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 59 . LastLast

Thread Information