1. Default Re: Campus Expansions

Amazing.

Thank you so much HelmutVII

Default Re: Campus Expansions

this pace is incredible

Quote Originally Posted by ulforlife View Post
    _ this pace is incredible _

The pace better be incredible because Taft Street Dorm is scheduled to be open for the Fall Semester. It will be tight, but if they keep it up, they may make it.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    _ The pace better be incredible because Taft Street Dorm is scheduled to be open for the Fall Semester. It will be tight, but if they keep it up, they may make it. _
    Helmut, great info. We really appreciate your insight into this construction "stuff!"

Z

Sure seem to be making better progress than the guys "working" on the softball stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    .Then the roof trusses go on and the roof deck by mid to late May. Then they will be out of the weather.
    One day after you posted that, roof framing has begun. Amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by ljr3721 View Post
    _ One day after you posted that, roof framing has begun. Amazing.

_
    I see all of the diagonal bracing on the second to fourth levels. I hope they have enough, especially on the fourth level. They are predicting the potential for severe weather Monday evening into Tuesday morning. This is a particularly vulnerable time for the structure.

8. Default Re: Campus Expansions

Does anyone know if they're going to have a pathway through the parking tower to the little alcove in Angelle Hall? I know there's no loading zone around Angelle now, and it's a pain in the ass to have to load or unload stuff. They couldn't make one by the current parking garage, because as it is now, the band field goes from the band tower right up to the sidewalk.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunbander View Post
    _ Does anyone know if they're going to have a pathway through the parking tower to the little alcove in Angelle Hall? I know there's no loading zone around Angelle now, and it's a pain in the ass to have to load or unload stuff. They couldn't make one by the current parking garage, because as it is now, the band field goes from the band tower right up to the sidewalk. _
    Sounds like decision time: give up the back half of backfield to create a loading/unloading drive straight from Taft to Angelle? Or does the band want to keep the back sideline intact for getting on/off the field? Stay tuned tomorrow to find out.same Bat Time, same Bat Channel!

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunbander View Post
    _ Does anyone know if they're going to have a pathway through the parking tower to the little alcove in Angelle Hall? I know there's no loading zone around Angelle now, and it's a pain in the ass to have to load or unload stuff. They couldn't make one by the current parking garage, because as it is now, the band field goes from the band tower right up to the sidewalk. _
    It looks like they will have all the roof trusses on and the entire exterior sheeting done by the end of the week. They will be out of the weather and really be able to go to town on the inside work.

It looks like there will be access to the rear of Angelle Hall through the parking garage. I'm sure the Fire Marshall had something to say about that. It will probably be in combination with the drive through for the credit union. Lets hope there in not a fire in Angelle hall during this construction.

Another week of good progress.

All the roof trusses are on and about 25% of the roof is decked. The building has about 75% of the OSB skin on it and it should be finished Monday (Tuesday at the latest). There will not be much more to show on a weekly basis on the dorm because they will be doing a ton of work on the inside. Tulane dorm has the Geo Piles finished and they are starting on the foundation.

You can really get a feeling of the size of the building now.

april-9-2011

North end of Taft Street Dorm

taft-north

Middle section of Taft Street Dorm

taft-middle

South end of Taft Street dorm

taft-south

Stockpiled windows (I think). It could be door frames though.

windows

Parking garage work as of April 9, 2011. East ramp first level concrete has been placed. Foundation work is continuing and getting closer to completion.

parking-garage-april9

Rigging up a Manitowoc articulated lattice boom crane. Looks like they will be getting serious with material handling next week.

ab-crane

Concrete test cylinders for a 150 cubic yard concrete placement.

test-cylinders

Parking garage foundation adjacent to Angelle Hall.

parking-foundation

Elevator pit for parking garage

elevator-pit

13. Default Re: Campus Expansions

Helmut,

This is probably a weird question, but what kind of attic/roof insulation goes into projects like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeh9dKUAArQ

This video outlines the master plan.

Quote Originally Posted by fiz View Post
    _ Helmut,

This is probably a weird question, but what kind of attic/roof insulation goes into projects like this? _
    Not a weird question at all.

Typically either fiberglass batt or blown in. I know they are using batts in the floors and ceilings on the OK Allen project. I would suspect they would use fiberglass between floors to reduce sound transmission. They might use blown in cellulose for the walls because it goes in fairly quickly and is treated with Borax that acts as a fire and critter retardant.

Page 11 of 63 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 . LastLast

Thread Information