Page 7 of 63 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 . LastLast

Thread: Campus Construction

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Campus Expansions

Quote Originally Posted by gorcajun View Post
    _ I think this contractor could demolish what has been erected at Lamson Park and reconstruct to completion before the present contractor is finished. _
    Im thinking these guys are gonna spoil us

Keep Descant away from our construction from here on out!

Z

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Campus Expansions

Quote Originally Posted by BrockMeaux View Post
    _ Those guys are out of control. I love it.

I say after they finish in July/August, I say we tell them to pack up and relocate to the Tigue and tell them to do whatever they can. They'll have the whole stadium renovated and upgraded by the end of September at the rate they're moving on the dorms. _
    I second that emotion!

Once they finish framing and close in, progress won't be quite as apparent. There will be lots of rough in and then finish work to be done inside. They will still be busting butt I'm sure.

Juneau Construction is a large corporation from the Atlanta area and they just flat out get it done. Lemoine is their local guy in a joint venture. The owner of Juneau Construction is from Cottonport and is an LSU grad.

http://juneaucc.com/p_LesJuneau.aspx

I'm thinking they are using this job as an example to create an impact in Louisiana.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Campus Expansions

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    _ Once they finish framing and close in, progress won't be quite as apparent. There will be lots of rough in and then finish work to be done inside. They will still be busting butt I'm sure.

Juneau Construction is a large corporation from the Atlanta area and they just flat out get it done. Lemoine is their local guy in a joint venture. The owner of Juneau Construction is from Cottonport and is an LSU grad.

I'm thinking they are using this job as an example to create an impact in Louisiana. _
    Well I for one am glad this LSU grad has his team on the job!

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    _ Well I for one am glad this LSU grad has his team on the job! _
    no kidding!

_ Once they finish framing and close in, progress won't be quite as apparent. There will be lots of rough in and then finish work to be done inside. They will still be busting butt I'm sure.

I'm thinking they are using this job as an example to create an impact in Louisiana. _

The Lemoines are from Cottonport too.

Tim and Lenny Lemoine are also from Cottonport.

8. Default Re: Campus Expansions

Quote Originally Posted by rlcajun View Post
    _ Tim and Lenny Lemoine are also from Cottonport. _
    I think that Lemoine is not a Cajun name but is actually Creole!!!! Am I correct???

9. Default Re: Campus Expansions

So I was taking some pictures of the construction/campus yesterday and came across this:

DSC_0657

If you can't tell, the Louisiana flag and the US flag were flying side by side, on the same mounts. Somebody should know better than to do that.

Overview of work on February 19, 2011. Clock wise from left. CMU stair well construction, more debris removal form Bancroft/Denbo demolition, Preparation for final section of concrete placement, initial framing of Taft Street dorm.

feb-19-work

Installing Auger Cast pile for Parking Garage. Obviously the test performed on Wednesday was successful.

auger-cast-pile2

Taft Street Dorm framing and stairwell

Taft-street-dorm

CMU stairwell - Structure to be used as area of refuge and shear walls

stairwell-shearwalls

Pull gap for post tensioning cables. The gap will be filled in later after the cables are tensioned

pull-gap

Preparation for final concrete placement on Taft Street dorm

post-tension

Installing post tensioning cables. They may place concrete tomorrow or Monday. They placed the concrete in the middle section on Wednesday.

post-tension-cables

If you travel on I-10 near the Scott exit look at the north west corner and you will see a large pile of stone at the "Recycled Rock" yard. This is where the concrete debris is being taken to be crushed. The pile will get bigger over the next few weeks.

11. Default Re: Campus Expansions

I figured that was the stairwell being constructed, but wasn't 100%. What do you mean by CMU stairwell?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunbander View Post
    _ . What do you mean by CMU stairwell? _
    Concrete Masonry Unit

13. Default Re: Campus Expansions

_ Concrete Masonry Unit _
    Ahhhhh!

Work being done today February 26, 2011. Clockwise from left. Framing on the north end of Taft Dorm, more debris removal from Bancroft/Denbo, Beginning of framing at south end of Taft street dorm and Elevator shaft and Stairwell in middle of Taft Street dorm. Truck loads of material on site.

overview

Close up of framing work and completed stairwell. Metal stud framing at perimeter walls and wood stud framing on interior walls. You can see the first floor slab of Bancroft to the rear. Not much Bancroft Debris left but still a big pile of Denbo.

taft1

Close up of Middle stairwell and elevator shaft. They closed in the pull gaps for the post tension slab today the gray stripe through the slab on both sides of the elevator shaft)

taft2

Beginning of framing and CMU work for stair well at north end of Taft Street dorm.

taft3

Getting close to topping out the elevator shaft. Denbo debris is in background.

elevator-shaft

They really need to get busy. They are running out of room to work with so much building material on site. They have at least two guys with fork lifts and other machines to clean up construction debris. If they didn't they would run out of room. Once the demolition debris is removed I'm thinking they will have more room to work.

Parking garage work on February 26, 2011. Auger Cast rig in foreground, concrete trucks backed up to concrete pump, dirt pile to left is generated material from augering operation. White lines in the back appear to be layout for footings.

parking-garage

Getting ready to place a battered (inclined) pile. Looks to be about 10 to 15 degrees. Auger is advanced into the ground. As they remove the auger, concrete is pumped through a hollow shaft in the auger to fill the hole.

battered-pile

Placing a rebar in wet concrete

rebar

Hoisting a rebar cage to place in wet concrete

cage

Placing the rebar cage in wet concrete

cage2

The advance the cage to a predetermined depth and they tie it off until the concrete sets. They are placing several piles in a group at each location. They will tie them together with a pile cap later.

Page 7 of 63 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 . LastLast

Thread Information