Page 6 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Campus Construction

Default Re: Campus Expansions

Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    _ Are you taking these above ground shots from another building?... Great photo's!.... _
    Thanks.

There is an exterior stair on the new parking garage that is four levels high. You can see the entire work site from there. With a zoom lens I can get pretty good close ups.

It's pretty easy for me to understand whats going on being involved in construction since 1976. I know most of the local contractors on the site.

2. Default Re: Campus Expansions

Those guys don't mess around, and neither does HelmutVII

Thanks

Lol. Workers were able to bring down two immense dormitories in nearly 6 weeks, yet they're still renovating the clock tower above Stephen's Hall since the beginning of the Fall 2010 semester. Anyone know what they're doing with that? Just giving it a face-lift, or are they planning to get the clock working again?

Quote Originally Posted by ULBouzi View Post
    _ Lol. Workers were able to bring down two immense dormitories in nearly 6 weeks, yet they're still renovating the clock tower above Stephen's Hall since the beginning of the Fall 2010 semester. Anyone know what they're doing with that? Just giving it a face-lift, or are they planning to get the clock working again? _
    Dr. Savoie wrote a blog a few days ago about all the construction going on around campus. He said the bell tower was almost fully functional again.

Quote Originally Posted by nathancpike View Post
    _ Dr. Savoie wrote a blog a few days ago about all the construction going on around campus. He said the bell tower was almost fully functional again. _
    Nice, thanks!

6. Alumni Re: Campus Expansions

Quote Originally Posted by nathancpike View Post
    _ Dr. Savoie wrote a blog a few days ago about all the construction going on around campus. He said the bell tower was almost fully functional again. _
    I noticed after class the other day that all the scaffolding around it had been taken down. If they're not done, they're probably pretty close to it.

The electronic chimes in the bell tower have been working for about a year. The folks in the Computing Center reprogrammed it to play the Fight Song on Fridays during football season. Have to talk with them to see if they'll do it again this spring for Wear Red days during baseball season.

The last part of Denbo was demolished today. February 13, 2011

Denbo-down

The concrete finishers completed yesterdays placement after dark. Finished concrete slab is lower left. They are continuing to place foundation rebar in the middle section. Looks like they may be placing concrete about Wednesday. The plumbers are trying to stay ahead in the third section.

Those guys are out of control. I love it.

I say after they finish in July/August, I say we tell them to pack up and relocate to the Tigue and tell them to do whatever they can. They'll have the whole stadium renovated and upgraded by the end of September at the rate they're moving on the dorms.

10. UL Baseball Re: Campus Expansions

I am for going to the Tigue next as well... Coach Robe and the boys could use a meanigful facility upgrade.. The top tier kids want to play in a baseball program that provides very good facilities! New/upgraded facilities could mean a consistent top 20 program!

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Campus Expansions

I think this contractor could demolish what has been erected at Lamson Park and reconstruct to completion before the present contractor is finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunbander View Post
    This is just a cool picture IMO. Photography is kind of a hobby of mine (although I just have a point and shoot camera and can't afford to get a better, DSLR camera right now.), and I've been making a gallery on my Facebook of cool pictures, mostly around campus and Lafayette. (Here's my album on Facebook if you're interested. Anyone should be able to see it, even if you're not on FB.
    My wife who is a professional photographer loved this photo. Just be forewarned that you may receive a FB friend request by someone named Luciana. She is Brazilian, but an American citizen now. But, just for fun, tell her you don't accept illegal aliens as friends.

Long story...

Really good photo, BTW, as well as the others you posted.

13. Default Re: Campus Expansions

Quote Originally Posted by LFTCajun View Post
    _ My wife who is a professional photographer loved this photo. Just be forewarned that you may receive a FB friend request by someone named Luciana. She is Brazilian, but an American citizen now. But, just for fun, tell her you don't accept illegal aliens as friends.

Long story...

Really good photo, BTW, as well as the others you posted. _
    Thanks! It's always nice to get a compliment from an unbiased stranger.

If I could find a job, I'd start saving up to buy a good Nikon or Cannon DSLR camera, so that I could really get into it. I'd like to do photography as a side job or side hobby, but I gotta have money to make money. I've never taken a photography class or anything, it's something I wished I could have taken at UL, but I just don't have time now. I just kinda experiment and figure things out on my own haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunbander View Post
    _ Thanks! It's always nice to get a compliment from an unbiased stranger.

If I could find a job, I'd start saving up to buy a good Nikon or Cannon DSLR camera, so that I could really get into it. I'd like to do photography as a side job or side hobby, but I gotta have money to make money. I've never taken a photography class or anything, it's something I wished I could have taken at UL, but I just don't have time now. I just kinda experiment and figure things out on my own haha. _
    I won't even go into how expensive it was to get her started, but let's just say that we don't eat out nearly as much, at least until we can pay this stuff off. A Nikon D60 and D700, including all the lenses, soft boxes, backdrops, lighting, etc!!

Whatever happened to knitting?? It used to be a reputable skill....

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by LFTCajun View Post
    _ I won't even go into how expensive it was to get her started, but let's just say that we don't eat out nearly as much, at least until we can pay this stuff off. A Nikon D60 and D700, including all the lenses, soft boxes, backdrops, lighting, etc!!

Whatever happened to knitting?? It used to be a reputable skill.... _
    LFT, I have seen some of her stuff...she is really good! Hope you and the two women in your life have a great Valentines Day!!

Z

Page 6 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information