Page 5 of 63 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 . LastLast

Thread: Campus Construction

Default Re: Campus Expansions

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel02 View Post
    _ I LOVE this picture!!! _
    I figured you would considering your name.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel02 View Post
    _ I LOVE this picture!!! _
    I second that!!

Google must have gotten new images of most of the whole area because the Ambassador extension is finally on there

4. Alumni Re: Campus Expansions

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    BFDBH getting ready to take another row of columns down.

bfdbh-2

BFDBH finished taking out columns, It took about 10 minutes from the previous photo. Right after I took this photo he pulled the columns out below.

bfdbh-3 _

It is so cool to watch that thing eating away at the building. I watched for 10 - 15 minutes in the cold today. He knocked the floors so that they were kinda just hanging, then he went with that scissor looking tool and clipped all the rebar until the floor fell, then went on to the one below it. I took some pictures from a different angle (from Tulane St.) today. I was so close I was getting misted by the dust suppressor. I'll upload some of the cooler pictures once I get out of this class and get home.

As far as the band, the director is going to be none too happy. I saw a stake in the ground between the parking tower and Angelle Hall that said "BLDG Corner Parking Garage." It was at about the 20 yrd line. There's no way the band will have a full football field to practice on. Normally, we didn't go that far out, except maybe the color guard, but when we learned pregame, that's where we came in from. We'd line up right in front of the Credit Union parking lot and run though it going towards Taft St. Unless he flip flops the field to learn pregame (has them come in from the Taft St. side, I don't know how he'll do it.

igeaux.mobi

6. Default Re: Campus Expansions

When is the softball game---from a distance the workers were rockin' and rollin'!!!

Get a birds-eye view of plans for new student housing and a second parking garage on campus.
    Link: http://www.louisiana.edu/Videos/Hous.ngFlyThru.html

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunmole View Post
    _ Get a birds-eye view of plans for new student housing and a second parking garage on campus.
    Link: http://www.louisiana.edu/Videos/Hous.ngFlyThru.html _
    AWESOME!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunmole View Post
    _ Get a birds-eye view of plans for new student housing and a second parking garage on campus.
    Link: http://www.louisiana.edu/Videos/Hous.ngFlyThru.html _

Incredible. Thanks

The band will supposedly be left with a 90 yard practice field that will be completely redone and irrigated.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunbander View Post
    _ It is so cool to watch that thing eating away at the building. I watched for 10 - 15 minutes in the cold today. He knocked the floors so that they were kinda just hanging, then he went with that scissor looking tool and clipped all the rebar until the floor fell, then went on to the one below it. I took some pictures from a different angle (from Tulane St.) today. I was so close I was getting misted by the dust suppressor. I'll upload some of the cooler pictures once I get out of this class and get home.

As far as the band, the director is going to be none too happy. I saw a stake in the ground between the parking tower and Angelle Hall that said "BLDG Corner Parking Garage." It was at about the 20 yrd line. There's no way the band will have a full football field to practice on. Normally, we didn't go that far out, except maybe the color guard, but when we learned pregame, that's where we came in from. We'd line up right in front of the Credit Union parking lot and run though it going towards Taft St. Unless he flip flops the field to learn pregame (has them come in from the Taft St. side, I don't know how he'll do it. _

11. Default Re: Campus Expansions

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    _ The band will supposedly be left with a 90 yard practice field that will be completely redone and irrigated. _
    I guess I'll have to see it to believe it. From what I remember, we didn't have a whole field as it was.

12. Default Re: Campus Expansions

And now, giving you exclusive coverage of the construction at UL, I give you an angle nobody has given you before. THE BACKSIDE!

2-7-11

Action shot. He knocked all the floors until they were hanging like that. Then he went with the snipper tool and Om nom nommed the rebar until the floor fell to the ground. (I was getting misted on my the dust suppressor back there wile taking pictures. Those things would be hella nice to have going during band practice in the 95 degree sun! haha)
    2-7-11 (12)

To give you a sense of how big the parking garage will be. That stake had "BLDG CRNR P Garage" on it so I'd assume that's where the corner of the parking garage will be. This shot is looking at the back of Angelle Hall and looking toward McKinly St.
    2-6-11 (45)

This is just a cool picture IMO. Photography is kind of a hobby of mine (although I just have a point and shoot camera and can't afford to get a better, DSLR camera right now.), and I've been making a gallery on my Facebook of cool pictures, mostly around campus and Lafayette. (Here's my album on Facebook if you're interested. Anyone should be able to see it, even if you're not on FB.http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id.92&aid=2242790 )
    crane edited

More work being done on February 12. Clockwise from lower left. Placing concrete for Taft Street dorm slab. More salvage and demolition work on Denbo and Bancroft. Plumbing and foundation work on Taft Street Dorm.

work-on-2-12-11

Dirt hauling for new parking garage. In with the good and out with the bad.

hauling-dirt

Placing concrete for Taft Street Dorm. The grid in the foreground are post tensioning cables.
    placing-slab-concrete

Salvaging rebar

salvaging-rebar

Big pile of salvaged rebar and other metals

salvaged-rebar

BFDBH getting ready to work while back hoe in the rear is clearing a work place.

denbo-demo-1

BFDBH doing its job. Cloud of dust is from about 4 floors of Denbo coming down. The ground shook.

denbo-demo-2

Tying rebar cages for the auger cast piles to be placed under the new parking garage. Lumber in the background is for the Taft Street Dorm.

rebar-cages

I'm thinking they will do a load test on the test pile this week and then they will start with the Parking garage foundation.

Are you taking these above ground shots from another building?. Great photo's!

Work progress from January 2, 2011

demo-1

To today February 12, 2011 just six weeks later.

work-on-2-12-11

A tremendous effort by all involved. The contract is a joint effort by Lemoine and Juneau construction. The only thing you can say is that they are busting butt.

Page 5 of 63 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 . LastLast

Thread Information