Page 59 of 63 FirstFirst . 49 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 . LastLast

Thread: Campus Construction

1. Default Re: Campus Construction

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Great pics! The biggest problem with having an off-campus athletic complex is that alumni and fans rarely set foot on campus. UL needs to find a way to connect the two and encourage alumni to visit the main campus prior to going to Cajun Field. Once people park at Cajun Field for a game, provide a free ride and tour of campus and back. A hop on / hop off bus tour. Just a thought to spur some creative suggestions on this. Build a smaller version of the Quad FDL at Cajun Field to help connect campuses. UL now has a beautiful campus and most alumni have no idea of the extensive renovations and building transformation that have taken place.
    At least for the first home game of the season (or homecoming) there should be an Alumni Walk from UL's first football field "The Swamp" to Louisiana's current football field, The Swamp.

Default Re: Campus Construction

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Thought the same about cleaning out the north end but I'm pretty sure that's where the gators nest. Observed a matted area there on Saturday.
    Is it the power of Ragin Pagin???

Just drove by this a.m. and they have cleared out the tall brush along the Hebrard side. But it looks like the kept the low-lying stuff, so any nests should be ok. Just now as you drive along Hebrard you get a very clear of the lake.as it should be.

That's what's so great about this admin: not only are they getting the big things done, they are continually also taking care of the details.

The first pic is from google earth, before they cleared everything out, compared to a couple of 'after' pics that a took this morning:
    Attached Images Attached Images      

3. Default Re: Campus Construction

Thanks LaCajunsFan

4. Default Re: Campus Construction

There’s a lot of nonsense on RP, but a lot more highly prized thinking and knowledge. Nice to see them stealing or borrowing those great ideas as expressed on RP.

I wonder if the plants were knocked down by the cold weather.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    I wonder if the plants were knocked down by the cold weather.
    IDK, those were some pretty big shrubs.

Bump for history.

Glad this is back!

9. Default Re: Campus Expansions

Finally

Pictures restored as of 3am August 9th

Default Re: Campus Expansions

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Finally

Pictures restored as of 3am August 9th
    Thanks. I knew you could do it.

Been a while since there was a campus construction project to report on, but they is pretty big job going on where Hebrard crosses the pathway from Moody, etc., to the U. Seems they are widening sidewalks etc., and also will be putting a lot of pavers. Should be really nice. Especially if you remember what that same pathway looked like thru the old ‘eyesore’ buildings.

Looking towards University.

At the intersection, looking towards Moody and Bittle Halls

Looking toward Cypress Lake Plaza

On the new sidewalk, U behind me, Moody ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    Been a while since there was a campus construction project to report on, but they is pretty big job going on where Hebrard crosses the pathway from Moody, etc., to the U. Seems they are widening sidewalks etc., and also will be putting a lot of pavers. Should be really nice. Especially if you remember what that same pathway looked like thru the old ‘eyesore’ buildings.

Looking towards University.

They have been working on that project for ever. It

At the intersection, looking towards Moody and Bittle Halls

Looking toward Cypress Lake Plaza

On the new sidewalk, U behind me, Moody ahead.

They have been working on that project forever. It looked the same a month ago. I dunno

The project at the Hebrard/Moody intersection is just about completeand the wait was well worth it. The whole area looks fantastic and greatly further improves the look and functionality of it.

Looking towards Moody

With OK Allen in view

New courtyard area for Moody entrance

From Moody entrance looking towards Cypress Lake

And I’m also very glad that they have completed the low retaining wall around Cypress Lakeno more crappy chain link fence from Burke-Hawthorne to Cypress Lake Plaza! They have also cleaned up the area around the oak tree picnic area, where the vets memorial plaque is, and it looks like they will be putting pavers there, as there several pallets of pavers still in the area.

14. Default Re: Campus Construction

Very nice.

Thanks

They have been playing around with that project for over a year. It was nothing special. It makes you wonder why.

Page 59 of 63 FirstFirst . 49 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 . LastLast

Thread Information