Page 57 of 63 FirstFirst ... 47 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... LastLast

Thread: Campus Construction

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    I would rather see it at CF.....that would really help get that entertainment complex that is planned for that area off to a good start. Which in turn would have a very positive impact on our revenue.
    I completely agree, but with Lafayette’s current real estate market there is little chance we see any large scale development taking place anytime soon. We already have a huge oversupply of apartments and office space. And we are just seeing the beginnings of a nationwide retail apocalypse.

I think it will happen one day, but not anytime soon.

2. Default

In case anybody here is interested, the pier construction at cypress lake has finally been completed. Be sure to check it out before the game against Texas State!

Default Re: Campus Construction

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherHebert View Post
    In case anybody here is interested, the pier construction at cypress lake has finally been completed. Be sure to check it out before the game against Texas State!
    Ah, I’ve been waiting for this.....and cooler weather so I could out there and see it. I’ll try to go out today and take a few pics.

It's BEEEEEEUUUUUUTIFUL. Photos coming.

A few photos from this morning. The grounds crew just finished up. One of the guys was taking photos on the pier. I think this will be a BIG destination point for any campus visitor.

First view is from Boucher looking at the plaza. Second view is from the plaza looking to the pier. Last view is from the deck looking out to the pier.

Attached Images Attached Images      

More photos. First view is from the pier looking back to the plaza last view are parents with a future student in for orientation. They were very impressed. The student had a smile on her face a mile wide.

I was hoping they would finish before homecoming.

Some more pics...I took these earlier today. Of note: there were a lot of people checking it out, mostly families. I think we tend to take this area for granted; it's not only really beautiful, but also so very unique.
    And these latest enhancements go a long way in improving the area. The pier and plaza are really first rate.

8. Default Re: Campus Construction

Nice

And it looks like the new retail space on Johnston street, in the former location of the old goodwill/car dealership, will happen sooner rather than later.

Thanks for the pictures LCF. Wife and I went this afternoon. Students were feeding the gators donut holes. Might be a good time to go, there is one that is getting large enough to be relocated to Lake Martin. He was sunning up on the platform until the donut holes arrived.

It's nice to see our university UL'ing it.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Thanks for the pictures LCF. Wife and I went this afternoon. Students were feeding the gators donut holes. Might be a good time to go, there is one that is getting large enough to be relocated to Lake Martin. He was sunning up on the platform until the donut holes arrived.

UL’ing it.....I like what you did there!

Quote Originally Posted by CameronCajun View Post
    UL’ing it.....I like what you did there!
    Yes......I see and like it too

13. UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Re: Campus Construction

👏 👏 👏 👏

Yes, it is!

Quote Originally Posted by RaginFan2 View Post
    Yes, it is!
    And keep in mind that this is all student-driven: it is from self-imposed fees, and based on the wants of the students. This applies to the quad, the U, intramural fields, cypress lake plaza, etc.

Page 57 of 63 FirstFirst ... 47 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... LastLast

Thread Information