Page 56 of 63 FirstFirst . 46 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 . LastLast

Thread: Campus Construction

Default Re: Campus Construction

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Good stuff.

You had to travel a little further than your past "construction update" endeavors.

Thanks
    I had my camera with me in my vehicle this afternoon.

This must be one of the longest running threads in RP history at about 8.5 years.

This is a real asset to those living outside LA. It was a great way to see what was going onwith campus when I lived outside state. Even now that I live less than 10 min dive from campus, your latest pics have me planing to visit this week to see in person

Quote Originally Posted by TravlnCajun View Post
    This is a real asset to those living outside LA. It was a great way to see what was going onwith campus when I lived outside state. Even now that I live less than 10 min dive from campus, your latest pics have me planing to visit this week to see in person
    You might want to do that in the evening. Students are starting to trickle in for fall semester and parking may be at a premium.

I found this pretty cool interactive map on the UL websiteits pretty current, because they just added the new dorm complex on Lewis St/Johnston. I just wish they also had one for the athletic complex. It's actually part of their 'Virtual Tour' page for incoming students.

https://louisiana.university-tour.com/map.php

We have really developed a great marketing/orientation process.

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    I found this pretty cool interactive map on the UL websiteits pretty current, because they just added the new dorm complex on Lewis St/Johnston. I just wish they also had one for the athletic complex. It's actually part of their 'Virtual Tour' page for incoming students.

That's great I can remember my sophomore year I had communications class in Burke-Hawthorne Hall which had just opened back up I had no idea where it was and it was not on the map they had given me my Freshman year luckily I stumbled upon it when I went buy a parking pass.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    That's great I can remember my sophomore year I had communications class in Burke-Hawthorne Hall which had just opened back up I had no idea where it was and it was not on the map they had given me my Freshman year luckily I stumbled upon it when I went buy a parking pass.
    Yeah, I completely blew off what little orientation was offered when I started.not the age of the hippies, but there were still a few remnants when I startedbut had an older sibling show me the union. Everything else was on my own. I hated being 'helped' even back then, lol.

Tey missed Baker Hall. Maybe a few more.

Baker is there, but there is no pop-feature for it. Thats' the only one that I can see that does not have it.

And I was wrong: there is a map for the athletic complex. It is in the lower right, as an inset. I must have had the map enlarged too much to see it originally.

Baker is there, but there is no pop-feature for it. Thats' the only one that I can see that does not have it.

And I was wrong: there is a map for the athletic complex. It is in the lower right, as an inset. I must have had the map enlarged too much to see it originally.
    That's what I meant. (No pop up feature)

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    Lewis Street facade. This building will have retail space on the first floor facade on Johnston Street.
    I seem to recall that complex was to have retail and restaurants connected to the residential buildings. Is that still the case?

Quote Originally Posted by FacelessBuffoon View Post
    I seem to recall that complex was to have retail and restaurants connected to the residential buildings. Is that still the case?
    Yes, that is correct.

Also, I was told by the Red Zone staff (so nothing official) after they moved to their current location along Cajun Dome Blvd that they would not be returning to the Lewis St location. That made sense, because they spent some money rehabing the current storeit may not look like much on the outside, but it is very nice, spacious and new on the inside.

But when I drove by the new construction on Lewis St a couple of weeks ago, I saw a "Red Zone" sign there, so maybe they are going back there?

There are store fronts facing Johnston street. It doesn't look like there will have too much space. Looks like the are concentrating more on housing. They may add more now that they own the old McDonalds lot and the adjacent lot. I dunno.

Here is a link from UL about the site; it states that there will be ~4883 sq ft in retail space:

https://louisiana.edu/new-housing-co.ampus-heritage

So yeah, not really a big space, but that may change since they bought out the old McD's, etc., space. That surely gives them more room for that kind of stuff.

Also, the article reminded me that the current construction is only phase 1, and that UL System has already approved spending to build the 2nd half, as/when needed.

Apparently there are talking to a sports themed restaurant that I won’t name (but you could probably guess) about putting a location there. But they are also interested in building by Cajun Field.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    Apparently there are talking to a sports themed restaurant that I won’t name (but you could probably guess) about putting a location there. But they are also interested in building by Cajun Field.
    I would rather see it at CF.that would really help get that entertainment complex that is planned for that area off to a good start. Which in turn would have a very positive impact on our revenue.

Page 56 of 63 FirstFirst . 46 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 . LastLast

Thread Information