1. Default Re: Campus Construction

Cypress Swamp itself has to be valued at no less than $10,000,000.00

Default Re: Campus Construction

Close up of the new pier.

Attached Images Attached Images      

3. Default Re: Campus Construction

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Cypress Swamp itself has to be valued at no less than $10,000,000.00
    Since it’s never gonna be on the open market, it’s intrinsic value isn’t easily established. Can it be used as collateral? Well only if you can repossess and be used for commercial value. So ten million seems a little arbitrary.

4. Default Re: Campus Construction

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Since it’s never gonna be on the open market, it’s intrinsic value isn’t easily established. Can it be used as collateral? Well only if you can repossess and be used for commercial value. So ten million seems a little arbitrary.
    Absolutely no harm comes from THINKING BIG.

5. Default Re: Campus Construction

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Absolutely no harm comes from THINKING BIG.
    Then how about ten billion?

I’m afraid I always take Turbine very literally. Now how valuable is that campus? We could sell it for a very high value and reestablish in the NW corner of the parish, or maybe at the former naval air base in New Iberia with huge spaces to grow into right now we’re hemmed in.

I’m afraid I always take Turbine very literally. Now how valuable is that campus? We could sell it for a very high value and reestablish in the NW corner of the parish, or maybe at the former naval air base in New Iberia with huge spaces to grow into right now we’re hemmed in.
    When out of room, build up

7. Default Re: Campus Construction

"Priceless" is the other number that comes to mind.

8. Default Re: Campus Construction

Another senseless EXPRESSion.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    When out of room, build up
    Could to a certain extent but the FAA might have some say in the matter due to the proximity to the airport. For some reason pilots aren't real fond of tall buildings on their approach to an airport. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    Could to a certain extent but the FAA might have some say in the matter due to the proximity to the airport. For some reason pilots aren't real fond of tall buildings on their approach to an airport. ;-)
    Funny you should mention that. The FAA actually shut down the pier’s construction for awhile because the crane was too high.

I guess I'm being picky, but it would have been nice to have a small deck (10'x10' or 15'x15') at the end of the pier with some benches so you could sit for a while. Then again, that may be why they didn't want one.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    I guess I'm being picky, but it would have been nice to have a small deck (10'x10' or 15'x15') at the end of the pier with some benches so you could sit for a while. Then again, that may be why they didn't want one.
    Yeah, I get what you are saying, but I also think you anwsered your own question: I don't think the pier is meant for lingering too muchjust there to get a closer look of the gators, turtles, etc., take pics, and then move on. There will be seating and such on the deck for those who want to linger.

Just my thoughts.

JMHO I think this is the absolute best thing that they could have done. Every time I walk by there on weekends there is somebody at the lake with their kids or a new student going through orientation bringing their parents to see the lake. It is just a really nice spot.

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    Yeah, I get what you are saying, but I also think you anwsered your own question: I don't think the pier is meant for lingering too muchjust there to get a closer look of the gators, turtles, etc., take pics, and then move on. There will be seating and such on the deck for those who want to linger.

Just my thoughts.
    So you don't think me and my crab nets would be welcomed there. 😀 Just put new beach tires on my cooler. Would've been nice to test them out before all my fishing gear around. Lol

15. Default Re: Campus Construction

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    JMHO I think this is the absolute best thing that they could have done. Every time I walk by there on weekends there is somebody at the lake with their kids or a new student going through orientation bringing their parents to see the lake. It is just a really nice spot.
    This is weird to say for a location one block away from 100G passing by daily, this is Acadiana's best kept secret.

Page 54 of 63 FirstFirst . 44 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 . LastLast

Thread Information